Banks and their colours

catweazle08

so you see many banks in thailand being yellow, pink, green or blue...basically very colourful compared to grey banks in western societies.

i heard, that banks are NOT grey in thailand, because the colour grey represents illness.

but somebody else told me, that it´s not true. she said, that the colours are just there to get more attention.

can anyone help to figure out the truth?

one bank has yellow and grey colouring - i forget which and i'm not going out to check because people keep throwing water at me.

but... i wouldnt say its a thai thing, how many corporations or organisations in your country use grey as a prominent colour in their livery/branding/advertising? its not exactly a colour that excites or sparks interest...

I would suggest the coloring is more about ability to read ! They use a specific color for ease of identification so that those that cannot read or have poor education can recognise their bank easily.

Maybe not so necessary these days but in years gone by where many rural farmers etc couldnt read.

Edited by CharlieH

I would suggest the coloring is more about ability to read ! They use a specific color for ease of identification so that those that cannot read or have poor education can recognise their bank easily.

Maybe not so necessary these days but in years gone by where many rural farmers etc couldnt read.

A Mr Suthep, told me that the banks have to be coloured because Isaan people cannot read.

I had to study this question for my Thai language course......now Thailand already has specific colours for each day of the week untold years ago banks decided to adopt a specific colour also this was done asin in the case of the days of the week because many Thai people from the poorer area's and from the mountains have a very low level of education. Hence days of the week have respective colours and the banks followed on people can see with ease which is their bank.