Bar work BS

jimBaaaa

Define bar work-if she was an earner im sure palms could be greased. If she was a dishwasher then who knows what the deal was........................lol.

Another case where photo is needed.

She claims she worked behind the bar as a thai girl would, serving drinks, was given a free room above the bar and got a wage. I couldn't get my head around it, telling her it was impossible but she was adamant it she did it for four months! Baffled!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

where was it? I know on Koh Phi Phi there are very few Thais working in the bars and restaurants. i dont think everyones papers were in order but i spent 3 days there and only on a handful of occasions was i greeted by a Thai at a bar/restaurant/hotel etc..

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met an English guy working in a bar on Koh Phi Phi without any work permit. Allegedly, the local police were getting their tea money AND any major check required officials boarding the ferry at Krabi/Phuket and invariably a phone call pre announced their arrival on Phi Phi.

I lived and worked in Patong for a year and had a work permit and visa. My work permit was for managing the bar but I regularity went behind the bar to make drinks when we were busy. Never worried when the police came in the bar, showed them the wp once and was never bothered again.

I lived and worked in Patong for a year and had a work permit and visa. My work permit was for managing the bar but I regularity went behind the bar to make drinks when we were busy. Never worried when the police came in the bar, showed them the wp once and was never bothered again.

werent we due a followup from the party, or did they hit it off and are now a couple, and he doesnt want to tell us?

I've seen many farangs working in bars in the islands. I'm not sure on the regulations or whether they're illegal but they don't run into the back every time a cop comes in.

In regards to the work permit, it's probably one of those dodgy paid for permits.

She probably means she extended her visa. You can get a 3 month non Immi visa then extend it to one year.

Spoke to her today but even after leaving her with a stutter when asking her about parts of her story, regardless of the facts I told her about visas and work permits and that it makes what she says utter BS, she won't budge. From what I've read above, it appears on the islands, it is possible to get work as a farang, she's just not one of them

good followup OP,

shud we assume she isnt your type?

Not a chance!!! Thai all the way

yeah, I know what you mean,

its hard to go back, once you have a thai girl, it may be impossible,

I am back in the states for 5 weeks now, and, it isnt pretty

Edited by Scarpolo

good followup OP,

Tell me about it, the women here in the UK seem so unattractive by comparison, and, especially when the majority have gobs on them like blokes!

good followup OP,

Tell me about it, the women here in the UK seem so unattractive by comparison, and, especially when the majority have gobs on them like blokes!

There was I am sure, many women inThailand that werent pretty, and some fat and ugly,

but I saw many others who were fine,

here, I cant help but notice, the size of their asses,

its just a turn off in every sense,

I am stuck here in florida and will have to make the best of it, after getting a taste of thailand, but frankly, today in bangkok it is 90 degrees and here it is 70

Thailand doesnt offer enough for me to suffer in the heat to be there, I dont care how young and pretty the girls are