Songkran: Highway accidents this year severer than last year

webfact

What does the transport minister expect when you add a million more cars onto an overloaded road infrastructure?

What does he expect when no steps are taken to enforce road safety?

What does he expect when getting drunk and driving a pickup with a bunch of people including kids in the back throwing water at other vehicles whilst standing up and travelling at speed?

What does he expect when nothing is done to make accident black spots safer?

What does he expect when the use of traffic control devices such as roundabouts and traffic lights is spurned in favour of u-turns?

What does he expect when getting a driving license is marginally more difficult than buying a box of donuts?

What does he expect when the police do absolutely nothing to enforce the law?

What does he expect when taxi drivers, minibus drivers and bus drivers are so poorly trained?

What does he expect when the drivers working hours an unregulated.

I would expect the sack for him

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

While I like your thoughts, to be fair, in the short period YL has been PM, she has had 3 Transport Ministers. To be fair to YL, this is not uncommon in Thai governments. Then, you have to add in that the Transport Minister has nothing to do with the police.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well it's hardly a surprise is it? The Police stand by, watch drunk motorcyclists ride pass without helmets, laugh at the drinkers in the backs of pickups without bothering to stop and see if the driver's drinking too and this is just in the towns!

Out on the highways we have speeding, drunk drivers undertaking and cutting other vehicles up, high truck drivers that obviously couldn't give a monkeys about anyone other than themselves. Oh and don't forget the buses, hogging the outside lane as if it were the only lane! And all this at holiday time when the law should be busier than at any other time of the year.

Some nice wet t-shirts around thoughbiggrin.png

the vehicle in the picture,my God it looks like it has been hit by an ied.

I thought it was a derelict boat when I first saw it. Have seen some bad ones north of CM and traffic rules just are not enforced.

the vehicle in the picture,my God it looks like it has been hit by an ied.

I thought it was a derelict boat when I first saw it. Have seen some bad ones north of CM and traffic rules just are not enforced.

I'm pretty sure that is the remains of the bus that crashed on the mountain road to Mae Sot recently.

Not unreasonably to think is was a smashed boat as it appears to have been constructed mostly of wood.

SEVERER ???? more severe. surely. Sorry but I had to point this out.

You should have looked it up at www.dictionary.com before getting "severe" about it because its use in the title appears to be acceptable.

Edited by MaxYakov

Drunk driving is a problem in many countries, Thailand is just one of them.

1.4 Million people were arrested in the US for DUI in 2010

Thousands die in alcohol related accidents each year there too, it's not only a Thailand problem.

In Pattaya, many Thais and Farangs were caught early Monday morning at a Police checkpoint in South Pattaya, I saw the Farangs sitting in the back of a Police pick up, nearly every Farang I know drinks and drives on a regular basis in Thailand.

The difference is that most drunk drivers in the USA are most likely trying to drive in such a manner as to avoid getting caught. Here that just doesn't matter. Other routine traffic laws are also enforced. The death rate for Thailand per capita seems to be quite a bit higher.

You should have looked it up at www.dictionary.com before getting "severe" about it because its use in the title appears to be acceptable.

or maybe you should find a betterer dictionary to use......

"severer" is not acceptable usage in civilised English, despite the efforts of online dictionary geeks

Edited by bangon04

I do not need to go through all this on line business .

I go on my Oxford dictionary only. English----not converted American--changed spellings to be different. not into gimme five gimme ten---you know what I mean type sayings Favour-- tonight. get my drift man.

I do not need to go through all this on line business .

I go on my Oxford dictionary only. English----not converted American--changed spellings to be different. not into gimme five gimme ten---you know what I mean type sayings Favour-- tonight. get my drift man.

What exactly does gotten mean as well?