Thai Police 'must be more proactive'

webfact

Police 'must be more proactive'
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- National Police chief Pol General Adul Saengsingkaew yesterday called for police operations to become more proactive as well as emphasise human rights, justice and equality.

Adul was in the South to attend a security meeting in the wake of a series of attacks in Yala last week.

The meeting was held at the police operations centre in Yala's Mueang district, and attended by 160 senior commanders and officers based in the three southernmost provinces and four districts in Songkhla province.

Urging police to assess the situation as well as review and resolve flaws in the operation regularly, Adul also said he wanted more checkpoints to be set up and measures taken to protect urban areas from insurgent attacks via a combined force of civilians, soldiers and police.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-16

RTP are a joke they need to be rebuilt from the bottom up...Human rights dont make me laugh 99% of Thais have NO rights...not to mention forigners rights in this idiotic Country

I would suggest the rebuilding needs to run from the top down...!!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

PTP continue to try and push the army aside and get the police more involved in running things

One of the reasons Thaskin was kicked out , he was fitting out the police with better small arms than the military , so he would have he's own special army (Republican guards)and he had replaced all the generals but two , (who were on notice to finish) , with he's own loyal followers , guess which 2 generals carried out the coup

Police 'must be more proactive'

Sorry, only Thaksin's orders...wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Or incentives. Offer them a reward to do their job and perhaps (perhaps only) they will perform their duty wink.png

Ko-Thee01.jpg

• Like 1

RTP are a joke they need to be rebuilt from the bottom up...Human rights dont make me laugh 99% of Thais have NO rights...not to mention forigners rights in this idiotic Country

I think your wrong. Corruption is taught to all thais as children. Paying teachers for extra classes to learn how to pass their tests. Paying schools to pass even though they failed. Families teaching no responsibility for actions. Jobs and promotions given not on knowledge but on favors. If thai dont start teaching kids to be responsible for their actions then this country will never change. Corruption is ingrained into the youths and reinforced throuhgout their lives.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Another post written by George Carlin from the grave. This goombah who made the statement forgets the much needed Thai police reform has not taken place yet. The 50 billion dollars have not been spent yet, reforming the department from the ground up. Supplying them with proper equipment, giving them proper training, equipping them with real world forensic labs, allowing them technology beyond fingerprinting. Raising the salaries. Etc. Etc. It boggles the mind to consider how many decades the Thai police, are behind their counterparts throughout the world. He is living in a parallel universe, drinking way too much spiked kool aid. Get real. Does anyone in this country expect real police work, ever? Have you ever witnesses real police work here? Protection of individuals, or their property? Recovery of stolen assets? Conviction of real criminals? Come on.

• Like 2

National Police chief Pol General Adul Saengsingkaew yesterday called for police operations to become more proactive as well as emphasise human rights, justice and equality.

Attending the meeting:

Officer Somchai: "Hey k. Wiwat, he is using big words again, I don't understand at all..."

Officer Wiwat: "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

Edited by klauskunkel

.......and simply 'active' would be a good start!!!

Given the recent statements coming from some of the higher up BiB, they sense that a change is coming.

Good.

If you put a block of cheese in a closed maize, the rats will climb over each other to get what they preceive as their share, but it is a fairly equal buffet line, when the cheese is gone and no other source of food is readily avaliable the rats can become quite agressive, even canniblistic in their quest to satisfy their cravings.

The caretaker government has placed themselves in a predictiment where the watchdogs are growling/questioning legallities and the scrapes are not so forthcoming for the rats and their handlers. The handlers may have the advantage of position but the numbers of rats can be overwhelming, if left to reproduce.

Whether the change is to deprive them of cheese and try to introduce them to stale bread, turn them loose on society or whether the young will turn on the old guard/handlers, is still to be answered.

The police main focus is the same as politicians, lining there pockets. In that they are proactive and tremendously successful.

The other stuff they do is just to justify keeping there jobs. tongue.png

TV commentors have a number of good ideas about improvements in the Thai Police. But in the larger picture Thai police must operate in a true democratic society with sufficient checks and balances within the whole of the three branches of government to assure complete transparency, accountactibility, ethical code of conduct, professionalism, and judicial responsibility. In conjunction with government checks and balances. Thailand further needs a true democratic framework prescribed by a living constitution that assures equality and rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all Thais irrespective of their education, wealth, political beliefs, etc. This constitution should have the approval of the Thailand people, not a private committee, not a single political party (there are 70 registered parties), not a single nonpolitical organization, not a single person other than of course the approval by HRM the King.

I think the title of this thread should be "Police must be paid real salaries 'so they be more proactive'"

It is real difficult to be an honest Thai policeman when you have to live and feed your family on 8,000 baht!

The corruption is just survival in a lot of cases and yes it is wrong but the root cause should be addressed.

I think the title of this thread should be "Police must be paid real salaries 'so they be more proactive'"

It is real difficult to be an honest Thai policeman when you have to live and feed your family on 8,000 baht!

The corruption is just survival in a lot of cases and yes it is wrong but the root cause should be addressed.

Agree. "if you pay peanuts - you only get monkeys"

Pay reasonable salaries - and take action on corruption.