Thai economy 'close to recession': KResearch

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think if they outlawed and imprisioned corruptive people that would solve the recession problem... there would be plenty of money to go all around to shore up the economy... it is unbelievable how corruptions is becoming more and more flagrant.. I wonder how it will play out with ASEAN because Singapore and Malaysia are so anti-corruptive in their measures to individuals who are caught... (Is Thailand becoming the Greece of EU?) hehe

Then where would there be any money? Singa pore,yes. Malaysia, don't bet on it. Their anti corruption efforts only make the newspapers.

Congratulations! Then you are one of 100,000<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

and they will blame everything one some people closing some few streets in bangkok, or mismanagement of funds & corruption ?

Do you know big contribution Thai economy from farangs who marry Thai women, pay sin sods (Even though most of these women are separated and have kids), pay for house, cars and family etc. Millions bahts. I think since many farangs learned about Thai women, they avoid mistakes of dating or marrying in Thailand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Speak for yourself!!

Marrying my Thai wife is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Funny, I once had that tragically mistaken opinion myself!

sutheps thugs are stopping business all over town for nigh on 6 months so what do they expect ?

no other country would let them destroy the economy like the thais.

unless it was full scale civil unrest like Ukraine .

With all of these repossessed cars, why are second hand autos almost as expensive as the new ones? They not only don't obey the rules of supply and demand, they also are impervious to depreciation. You're better off buying a new car. If they paid 750,000 for it 6 years ago, by god it's still got to be worth 680,000 today. And why can I buy almost 3 brand new turbocharged Minis Cooper Ss in the USA (Starting at $24,000 x 30 = 720,000 Baht) for the price of a new Accord 2.4 (1.9 million baht) in Thailand? And the Mini, without turbocharger, costs almost twice that!

Simple...the govt excise/import/luxury taxes applied to vehicles...and those are even before the 7% VAT. Not uncommon for a new car sold in Thailand to carry around 30% in govt excise/import/luxury taxes...and if its a luxury car like a Mercedes then the tax can be a 100% or more. Once those taxes are initially applied they pretty much hold-up the used car prices also. Yeap, car prices in Thailand are HIGH in comparison to many countries.

Edit: an example: right now my sister in the U.S. is getting ready to buy a new car...one of the two she is looking at is a 2014 Honda CR-V for approx $29,000 (not the cheapest or morst expensive model); here in Thailand a 2014 Honda CR-V middle of the range EL 2 WD model costs $1.448M baht which is apporx $45,280 which is 56% more than the U.S. cost. Yeap, car prices in Thailand are HIGH! Even if the govt would offer a Bt100K tax refund again the govt is still making a lot of tax after giving 100K of it back...except they can't even seem to do that now. Sure hope the govt is putting the excise/import/luxury taxes they apply to good use (giggle, giggle).

Yeah, ain't it great that the Japanese came to Thailand so that the Thai government could gouge the people for tax.

A very sad joke of screwing the people at the expense of the people.

Edited by Thai at Heart