Good Barber in Phuket

long klong

Do you know a good barber in Phuket? I have suffered a lot at the hands of some terrible barbers. Once I found one not far from the Merlin Hotel who was not too bad but he always wanted to engage me in political discussion, rarely removed the heap of hair from the floor and never dipped the comb and the scissors in Dettol. He told me that cleaning the floor during the day will be unhygienic as it will blow hair all over the place and using Dettol on his scissors will make it difficult for him to cut hair properly! (His charges are 400 baht). I'd greatly appreciate your help so that I don't have to go back to this fellow!

I get my hair cut short with clippers....2 on the side 4 on top and a razor trim for 80thb. On Patak Rd in Kata going south, he's on the right side, he has a small shop with a yellow sign CHARTCHARI (or something close) BARBER.

I get my hair cut short with clippers....2 on the side 4 on top and a razor trim for 80thb. On Patak Rd in Kata going south, he's on the right side, he has a small shop with a yellow sign CHARTCHARI (or something close) BARBER.

Yep. I must have showed you that one. Yellow and red sign says "ChartChai Barber", opposite the cheap plastic and home wear shop on Patak. Been my barber for 13 years. Was 30 baht then, now up to 80B. Never speaks a word and takes 7 minutes max.

Yep. I must have showed you that one. Yellow and red sign says "ChartChai Barber", opposite the cheap plastic and home wear shop on Patak. Been my barber for 13 years. Was 30 baht then, now up to 80B. Never speaks a word and takes 7 minutes max.

Yes I think you did.... He actually speaks very good English. He's pretty cool when he gets talking. The other one close to my house (over by the buffet place) started at 200 and then mysteriously went to 400 by my next appointment. When I asked him why there was a price difference between Thais and farangs, he said "only small difference, farangs can pay". I told him I'd be sure to spread the word to all the farangs how he feels.

i was happy to give the guy my business seeing how he opened a new shop and needed customers. was 100 baht and my tip. did this for over year. last time i went now 150baht. did not say anything gave him 150 baht and no tip. he was puzzled at no tip. he will even be more puzzled i guess when now i have returned to my other shop (lady barbers at 80 baht) which is about 10km away. lesson learned dont change barbers to be nice.

Go to woman beauty salon, they know what they are doing, clean and hygienic and most of them will do an head massage, foot massage and both fingers and toes nails.. Fist stop for me when arriving in Thailand, mine is in Khrungthep.

Been past many times. Usually use the one on the other side of the road up the steps just after Locanda Steak Restaurant. 120 baht farang price! Often busy, 4 chairs, has aircon.

Just opposite the PPAO Hospital is the best value I have found; 80 baht for a good quality haircut and a complete shave.

Seldom any wait.

It's non aircon and there are two cats in there, so maybe a bit low-brow of unhygienic for the poster: but it's perfect for me and half the price of the place I used to frequent in Samkong.

Go to woman beauty salon, they know what they are doing, clean and hygienic and most of them will do an head massage, foot massage and both fingers and toes nails.. Fist stop for me when arriving in Thailand, mine is in Khrungthep.

Unfortunately my experience with the woman beauty salons tells me that many of them don't know what they're doing, either.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unfortunately my experience with the woman beauty salons tells me that many of them don't know what they're doing, either.

And they charge much much more than a regular barber. About 100 baht for a hair cut is the correct price. With a tip on top for good service. The guy on Patak Rd in Kata is my recommendation.

Don't want to hijack the thread but it's nice to have a barber's shave every so often but they all seem to use these cheap blades which they split in half and insert into a cut-throat style handle. After a short time they are no longer cutting but more pulling the hairs out and it just hurts. I usually ask them to change the blade. Any of these recommended barbers do a decent shave?

Thank you; I appreciate the replies. But it looks like there is not much choice - Patak Road is foreign territory for me as I live in Cherngtalay!

BTW I didn't necessarily mean Dettol - any antiseptic to clean the comb and scissors will be Ok.

The question still remains: why is there such a shortage of barbers in Phuket - let alone plumbers, carpenters and gardening service providers?

Thank you; I appreciate the replies. But it looks like there is not much choice - Patak Road is foreign territory for me as I live in Cherngtalay!

BTW I didn't necessarily mean Dettol - any antiseptic to clean the comb and scissors will be O.

The question still remains: why is there such a shortage of barbers in Phuket - let alone plumbers, carpenters and gardening service providers?

Its a okay one in Bangkok Rd, Phuket Town. The barber was previously near the Clock Tower. 150 Thb.

However the best barber in Phuket Town which unfortunately (Tomboy) quit a few months ago was in Ratsada Rd. She had a natural talent and could have charged 2k Thb in Europe and none would have raised a eyebrow.

For those in Rawai I can recommend a barber named Saksit. He's located near the temple on the road opposite Nikita's. Last time he charged me 80 baht.

And they charge much much more than a regular barber. About 100 baht for a hair cut is the correct price. With a tip on top for good service. The guy on Patak Rd in Kata is my recommendation.

....hmmmmm...a recommendation is one thing but I think that if one is to splash out a couple of quid on a quick trim around the barnet, a few accompanying photos (with finger pointing) to back up the claims would be just the ticket and avoid the disappointment of being given the ubiquitous somchai ‘pudding bowl style’ haircut.

Back to an earlier comment relating to dettol; as a wee bairn in Dublin I remember seeing the array of lotions and potions on the local barbers’ shelves, Brylcreem, soap sticks and bristle hair brushes, Old Spice after shave lotion and the combs residing in a glass tumbler containing a liquid called Barbisol.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree completely.

I use a lady in Chalong. 80B. No head massage, but takes out the old straight razor and cleans up the ears, neck, etc.

Do get stared at by the old ladies and don't like her magazine selection tongue.png , but very good!

• 1 year later...

Just bumping this instead of starting another thread.

Where can I get a decent wet shave in town?

Everytime I succomb hoping that this one will be ok, the shave is just not good.

Yup, 80baht's an ok price, but I want hot towels so my face doesn't feel like it's been rubbed with sandpaper. shock1.gif

I go there too, he is excellent and the price is right.....

Well thats gonna help the OP.

A tourist telling a person living in Phuket to go to a womans hairdressers somewhere in Bangkok so he can have a massage too.

Good intentions im sure , but ...