New model Toyota 4Tuner. When?

Shurup

My wife keeps talking about buying a new Tuna car, but she wants to wait for a new model.

When is a new model coming out?

How long has the existing model been in the production?

Any rumors or confirmed info on what the changes will be from the existing model.

By the way, I don't mean the new looks but more like the new engine, transmission, etc, all that matters.

My latest info is Q3 2016... Q2 2015 is the new Hilux.... but the release date for the new generation has slipped so many times now, I wouldn't be banking on anything....

The most accurate indication will come when the next gen Hilux launches - the new Fortuner will follow within 12-18 months after that.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 2

How long has the current model been in production? If it's fairly new, like 5 years or so, no need to really wait for the next generation, but if they have been stuffing the same engine/transmission in there since the 80s or 90-s then it's worth the wait.

Oh, 10 years already, we will wait...

But then there's always a number of issues with the new engines during the 1st year, if the pickup is coming out one year earlier, that's just great, by the time Tuna comes out most of the issues will be ironed out.

Can it possibly be as successful as the current model ?

People are still buying them brand new, Fortuner has been a smash hit, and rightly so, very good transport for Thailand.

I've had mine since January 2006, I've replaced the Battery Once and bought new tyres, that's it, I've never had a car as reliable, it's been great.

• Like 2

People are still buying them brand new, Fortuner has been a smash hit, and rightly so, very good transport for Thailand.

I've had mine since January 2006, I've replaced the Battery Once and bought new tyres, that's it, I've never had a car as reliable, it's been great.

thumbsup.gif , thats what we want. Folk keep harping on about stuff looking the same, weeeeeeeeell, these folk, whats your thoughts on the Porsche 911 that to me looks incredibly similar after decades...........coffee1.gif

Never, hopefully.

Well I hope they would, if the current engine is so good and reliable it can only get better!

Besides, time to get rid of this little Honda she's driving now, I never liked how Honda drives, always been a Toyota guy even back home!

thumbsup.gif , thats what we want. Folk keep harping on about stuff looking the same, weeeeeeeeell, these folk, whats your thoughts on the Porsche 911 that to me looks incredibly similar after decades...........coffee1.gif

Comparing apples and tunas not really fair to tunas.

Sent from my LG-P970

Comparing apples and tunas not really fair to tunas.

Sent from my LG-P970

Same, same. Ones a modified pick up and the others a modified Beetle.

4 tuner is OK except for fuel consumption. 10.1 max under tow 8.1. Benz c class, BMW 320d or X3 will nearly double that.. Still it’s very reliable and economy is on par with the rest of the japanese manufactures. Interior is OK except for the back seats and it’s impossible to sleep in the back. Very old layout sucks bad in my opinion. However good resale value..

Edited by fullcave

Somewhat strange comparison. The Tuna is about 530 kg heavier compared to a 320d. More importantly, the drag coefficient of the Tuna is 0.38 cw while a 320d is only 0.27 cw. The Tuna's fuel consumption, given it's specs, is actually quite OK.

4 tuner is OK except for fuel consumption. 10.1 max under tow 8.1. Benz c class, BMW 320d or X3 will nearly double that.. Still it’s very reliable and economy is on par with the rest of the japanese manufactures. Interior is OK except for the back seats and it’s impossible to sleep in the back. Very old layout sucks bad in my opinion. However good resale value..

Somewhat strange comparison. The Tuna is about 530 kg heavier compared to a 320d. More importantly, the drag coefficient of the Tuna is 0.38 cw while a 320d is only 0.27 cw. The Tuna's fuel consumption, given it's specs, is actually quite OK.

Thanks for the info bro. What about X3 rhat seems to have impressive fuel economy as well. Do you happen to know the weight and drag coefficient for the x3? Thanks in advance..

Thanks for the info bro. What about X3 rhat seems to have impressive fuel economy as well. Do you happen to know the weight and drag coefficient for the x3? Thanks in advance..

Perhaps the pot hole coefficient of where you live might be more important.............whistling.gif ........smile.png

I saw a billboard advertising the 2014 Toyota Harrier near CNX airport yesterday. I thought the Harrier was a Lexus model?

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

The Lexus version is called the RX - Harrier is the Toyota version.

I saw a billboard advertising the 2014 Toyota Harrier near CNX airport yesterday. I thought the Harrier was a Lexus model?

I presume it'll be an imported, overpriced simile of the Forskinner. Pointless unless you want to advertise that you have more money than sense.

I presume it'll be an imported, overpriced simile of the Forskinner. Pointless unless you want to advertise that you have more money than sense.

The Harrier/RX are monocoque chassis, gasoline engined SUV's - more comparable to a BMW X3.