Row over Samut Sakhon police station parking lot

webfact

Row Over Samut Sakhon Police Station Parking Lot
By Khaosod English

13977124931397712530l.jpg

SAMUT SAKHON: -- A row has erupted among senior police officers at a police station in Samut Sakhon province over a parking space.

The incident followed the decision by Pol.Col. Adul Chaipak, the commander of the Mueang Police Station, to park his vehicle at the basement of the station on Wednesday.

However, a junior police officer later arrived to apply a wheel clamp to his supervisor's vehicle, claiming that Pol.Col. Adul has parked the car in a restricted area. He also issued a 500-baht fine to Pol.Col. Adul for his alleged wrongdoing.

Pol.Col. Adul said that he was baffled by the punishment, as he was not aware that the parking lot has been off-limit to him.

"Usually I parked my car at the other site, but on that day another car already occupied that spot, so I moved to park at the police station basement, since it was holiday and there were a lot of free spaces," Pol.Col. Adul told our correspondent, adding that the officer told him the parking lot was exclusively reserved for a certain deputy police commander.

He nevertheless agreed to pay the fines to his subordinates.

But the situation escalated when Pol.Col. Adul realised that no police officer at his station proceeded to unlock the wheel clamp even though he had already paid the fines and 8 hours had passed since he was first confronted by the junior officer.

He said he is deeply angered by the incident, stating that the punishment has gone too far. Pol.Col. Adul eventually pressed charge against his own police officers for misconduct at the police station.

A high-ranking police officer at Mueang Police Station said he sympathised with Pol.Col. Adul, as the parking space at the basement should be freely available to all officers.

"No one owns the lot. Anyone can bring their cars to park there," the officer said, "There has been an agreement to allot each space for [certain officers], but it was only a way to ensure orderliness in a public space. It is not a law or any actual regulation".

Police officers at Mueang Police Station said the case is pending a decision by the police commanders whether to launch an official investigation.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1397712493

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-04-17

• Like 1

it must really hurt to be caught up in your own schemes to make money out of other people, maybe someone needs to inform the police that the laws also apply to them and that they are not above them at all.

• Like 1

Sounds like a job for Tarit, he is always ready to tackle serious crime. Whistle blowing, parking offenses etc., at least he didn't charge people for loitering when they were laying about waiting for ambulances after they were injured in grenade attacks.

• Like 2

Amazing how a police colonel can aford an S class.

And how can an ex police minister can afford a new Roller......and still have a Bentley in the garage???

With salaries like these guys must be pulling....it's any wonder being a cop is a good job!!!

• Like 1

Police officers at Mueang Police Station said the case is pending a decision by the police commanders whether to launch an official investigation.

...if you don't have any work to do, then you go and generate some...very creative, proactive and progressive way of thinking, congratulations, the BiB, you are on the right track!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A valid point

Only if you're an Thai police basher. They're available for less than the price of a new Toyota Altis.

Edited by MMarlow

Oooooh I don't know where to park my Mercedes! The only country in the world where policeman have their own Mercedes - I wonder how???!!!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"The only country in the world where policeman have their own Mercedes"

Are you sure that's right? Have you ever priced a Merc of that age?

Police in developing poor country drives a Merc in Oz they drive a Holden (GM)

"...developing poor country..."

Which country are you referring to? Thailand is definitely not a developing poor country.

Police in developing poor country drives a Merc in Oz they drive a Holden (GM)

"...developing poor country..."

Which country are you referring to? Thailand is definitely not a developing poor country.

True, its a disintegrating economy on track for a recession.

See other topics on this site.

Edited by Robby nz

While Thais continue to die due to lawless motorists...southern terrorist...mafia hits...and shootings brought about by making eye contact...the police are engaged in bickering over a parking spot...This is Thailand...

A valid point

Only if you're an Thai police basher. They're available for less than the price of a new Toyota Altis.

'A Thai police basher'?!

Have you been in LOS long? Or living under a rock? Head in the sand? Or whatever phrase suits that wank post of yours.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1

Why? That model could be 14 years old, plenty available for less than 1m. Ever heard of finance?

Nope. 14 years ago the S class and all Mercedes Benz still had square headlights. I am not MB expert enough to know for sure, but the Colonel's car is a much later model.

Why? That model could be 14 years old, plenty available for less than 1m. Ever heard of finance?

Gould be, but is not, this model coming in 1998, but the model showing is a facelift from 2002, so 12 years old, I think you don't get it under 2.5 million but ofcourse "financing" that's the magic word.