Pheu Thai members expected to meet with Thaksin in Hong Kong

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

We can comment as much as we like but until he is listed with "Interpol" my understanding is he can go where he likes-otherwise why not send a Thai Seals"team to confiscate him and whisk him back to Thailand to face the consequences?

A pipe dream I know but maybe one day who knows - and you must ask is he ("T") any worse than the political criminals from every other country around the world (I was going to put region but I think The World is more correct)

I can not see the PTP asking Interpol to put out a notice on him, even the dems were reluctant to do this and don't forget it was the dems that let him go to Beijing in the first place, with a promise to return, a promise from Thaksin. If ,the big if he ever returns to Thailand he will be taken out , question, what happens then, dangerous ground Thailand treads.???

"don't forget it was the dems that let him go to Beijing in the first place"

Sorry, but surely it was the courts, the ones who are so biased against him whenever they find him guilty of something, who gave him leave to attend the Olympic opening-ceremony ?

And the government at-the-time was a PPP-led coalition, now who was the then-PM ? whistling.gif

Edited by Ricardo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

once again we see exactly how much contempt the ptp have for Thailand and its people. This man is a wanted criminal and in any western country they would be in deep sh*t for associting with a wanted felon but with the police in his pocket here they do as they please.

One of the first things the Abhisit-Suthep coup installed government did was to revoke Dr T's passport. The Abhisit-Suthep government however never went after Thaksin.

If the bureaucracy's coup d'état installed government of Abhisit-Suthep had wanted to put T behind bars, then square face long ago would have become a sour puss behind bars. That Thaksin remains a free man is testimony to his assertions his conviction by a military coup established tribunal was politically motivated, which it was.

The Suthep-Abhisit government installed late in 2008 by a bureaucratic coup d'état did not pursue Thaksin because, had they done so, Suthep and Abhisit would suddenly have seen Government House begin to look and feel like the Bastille. The cold hard fact remains Thaksin had too much popularity then and continues to have that popularity among the Thai people.

And democratic governments abroad respect and support his ability to win elections and to pursue democratic means adapted to the customs and traditions of historic Thailand.. .

So, meanwhile, back on the farm, which is what this meeting is mostly about:

Thailand’s Political Tensions Are Rekindling Ethnic and Regional Divisions

Three governments supported by northern and northeastern voters have been removed from power since 2006, one — Mr. Thaksin’s — by a military coup and two in highly politicized court judgments. For the last five months, protesters in Bangkok have demanded the overthrow of the government and a reduction in the influence of the Shinawatra clan, which is from the northern city of Chiang Mai.

The red shirts have staged a number of demonstrations in recent weeks in what they say is a message to the Bangkok establishment showing the strength of their numbers — and their readiness to fight back if the government is toppled.

At a meeting in Chiang Mai last month, a leader of the red shirts, Nisit Sinthupai, noted, “These two regions are the key power bases of democracy. We are the majority.”

http://p.nytimes.com/email/re?location=4z5Q7LhI+KVBjmEgFdYACPLKh239P3pghcd7SazZvpuFrsVx796OF8NtmhgVzqCZfmtyF05uqaJvZ1IAuTMETvuYp8hk71inbTyLA8zx7Yh1hsIm0S1EMM/hgOmNl/KwjSxnfwHPbutLkUCv/KPdUTPo2WJswFAlPk/A7iZpdZoq4C5jEHXWHYkEHtq64fBPOAeR1t4SCtBrybcooW+U9Q==&user_id=bd155b6585608580137934cce6dd0b90&email_type=my_alerts_email&task_id=1397353108167595&regi_id=59847733

• Like 1

Many members of the Pheu Thai Party are planning to have a meeting with former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, this weekend in Hong Kong.

Where he is in auditions for the coveted role as the next Bond Villain. Judging by that photo, he is the hot favourite, although may lose the role due to fears of giving children nightmares.

post-9891-0-06425200-1397744389_thumb.jppost-9891-0-96082400-1397744479_thumb.jppost-9891-0-40975500-1397744939_thumb.jppost-9891-0-67999100-1397744750.jpgpost-9891-0-91391800-1397745274_thumb.jp

I think you are on to something Yunla.

• Like 2

We can comment as much as we like but until he is listed with "Interpol" my understanding is he can go where he likes-otherwise why not send a Thai Seals"team to confiscate him and whisk him back to Thailand to face the consequences?

A pipe dream I know but maybe one day who knows - and you must ask is he ("T") any worse than the political criminals from every other country around the world (I was going to put region but I think The World is more correct)

Sorry all the Seals teams are busy, the usual stuff, undercover drug missions, moonlighting as security guards, oh and defending Thailand when they get a bit of free time.

You forgot performing at Seaworld,are you changing your spots fab4.

Many members of the Pheu Thai Party are planning to have a meeting with former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, this weekend in Hong Kong.

Where he is in auditions for the coveted role as the next Bond Villain. Judging by that photo, he is the hot favourite, although may lose the role due to fears of giving children nightmares.

attachicon.gifgold.jpgattachicon.gifno.jpgattachicon.gifpleasant.jpgattachicon.gifthanksin.jpgattachicon.gif137.jpg

I think he would be perfect for the lead in the next Bond movie as Brooke Bond,

post-142424-0-99762300-1397746214_thumb.

Why are they still wasting money to book trip to HK meet the big boss daddy? (opps, i forgot all are on taxpayers expenses).

Anyway they have been emphasizing on election. They always blame the democrats are cowards and always lost the elections. All the ptp/ red shirts need is to have elections. They always know the CM red shirts and Issan red shirts will always vote for them, no matter what happens.

The "majority" will vote for Thaksin and his cronies. Again and again, no matter what they do. Even they corrupted, abuse the system, bend the rules of law, defy the high courts, deny the NACC, the red shirts will still vote for them. This is the democracy they are talking about.

We love Thaksin. we love Yingluck. We are the majority, we make the rules, we are "democracy". What ever you all have issues with our dear leaders, blah blah blah..... We still vote for them. We are still the "majority".

What can you the rest do??

This is the reality. This is the fact. This is the democracy we are talking about.

Set a new election, vote and majority win. That it. Don't tell us what have they done. How much money are gone? How have they abuse the system? What rules have they break? What have they stealing from the nation? How much have they got from the country assets?

WE (Red shirts) dont' give a <deleted> about it! We are the majority. We vote and we win the election. That's it. We make sure only we the red party win the elections and only us (the red shirts), no one else. We are talking about democracy, our RED DEMOCRACY.

Edited by SeaVisionBurma

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I can not see the PTP asking Interpol to put out a notice on him, even the dems were reluctant to do this and don't forget it was the dems that let him go to Beijing in the first place, with a promise to return, a promise from Thaksin. If ,the big if he ever returns to Thailand he will be taken out , question, what happens then, dangerous ground Thailand treads.???

"if he ever returns to Thailand he will be taken out, question, what happens then, dangerous ground Thailand treads".

Yes, if Thaksin is ever taken out, there will be a bloodbath in Thailand, how many of his supporters will take action if it happens ?

What about Suthep and Abhisit ? How big will the bloodbath be if they get taken out ? Bigger or smaller than Thaksin ?

There were no attempts to take out Suthep when he tried to bring Bangkok to a standstill. It's probably because those who didn't like him knew that taking him out furthers the problem, it's better and safer to not take out these people.

attachicon.gifgold.jpgattachicon.gifno.jpgattachicon.gifpleasant.jpgattachicon.gifthanksin.jpgattachicon.gif137.jpg

I always thought he'd make a great 'Hood' from Thunderbirds, what with the oriental temple and mind controlling a relative from afar. And of course Yingluck is a dead ringer for 'Tin Tin', even down to her idiosyncratic dress sense and matching strings.

Finding a Thai 'Brains' would be a problem though. sad.png

Why are they still wasting money to book trip to HK meet the big boss daddy? (opps, i forgot all are on taxpayers expenses).

Anyway they have been emphasizing on election. They always blame the democrats are cowards and always lost the elections. All the ptp/ red shirts need is to have elections. They always know the CM red shirts and Issan red shirts will always vote for them, no matter what happens.

The "majority" will vote for Thaksin and his cronies. Again and again, no matter what they do. Even they corrupted, abuse the system, bend the rules of law, defy the high courts, deny the NACC, the red shirts will still vote for them. This is the democracy they are talking about.

We love Thaksin. we love Yingluck. We are the majority, we make the rules, we are "democracy". What ever you all have issues with our dear leaders, blah blah blah..... We still vote for them. We are still the "majority".

This is the reality. This is the fact. This is the democracy we are talking about.

Set a new election, vote and majority win. That it. Don't tell us what have they done. How much money are gone? How have they abuse the system? What rules have they break? What have they stealing from the nation? How much have they got from the country assets?

WE (Red shirts) dont' give a <deleted> about it! We are the majority. We vote and we win the election. That's it. We make sure only we the red party win the elections and only us (the red shirts), no one else. We are talking about democracy, our RED DEMOCRACY.

Yes, you are correct, every time there is an election, Thaksin will win. The 'majority' will vote for Thaksin. Actually, it's not the majority, it's just that the Thaksin Party will always come first in the election results, they will always have more votes than Abhisit's Democrats. smile.png

Yes, this is democracy, red democracy, any democracy, the party who got more votes than any of the other parties usually wins.

How are the Democrats going to win an election ? Okay, yes, the CM red shirts and Issan red shirts will always vote for Thaksin (them), no matter what happens. Okay, how about they take out Thaksin ? Right, they make a list of all those Thais who are CM red shirts and Issan red shirts. Once Thaksin has gone, we will have another election.

Now, the Thais who are on the list of CM red shirts and Issan red shirts, if we notice them voting for the Democrats, that's okay, let them vote. BUT, if we see lot's of them voting for a new party, then, we ban this new party. This new 'Thaksin' party, they might stop the Democrats winning the election, hence, ban them on the grounds that they are a danger to Thailand.

And that's how we make sure that Abhisit and the Democrats will win. We ban any party who might get more votes than the Democrats. Or we could just put Suthep in charge, no need for elections, and Suthep can run the country for the next ten years.

Is this really a good idea ? If Thailand does this, well, it's going to be hard to tell the rest of the world that Thailand is a democracy !! Actually, does the rest of the world really care ?? smile.png

What can the rest do?

They can fight an election on a platform which attracts enough votes to win a majority, and then form a government.

We are talking about democracy. You on the other hand our constructing excuses to do away with democracy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Good point about the cost as just how many will get freebie tickets while the rest will bill the government I suppose ?

What will they put in Purpose of Trip Section for the expense claim - an overseas trip on a matter of vital importance for the nation ?

Well mabye it is as they are going to see the real PM.

• Like 1

....isn't there a law against a government official meeting with a fugitive ......???

....there should be.....

...sounds like 'plotting'.......

In any functioning democracy there would be, but let's face it this Demonocracy has been run remotely by a fugitive for the past 3 years.

At this point, there are no, repeat NO!!!!!!!!!! Corruption charges against her. She is being investigated for negligence & not doing her job properly. I.e. she was warned that corruption was happening & investigated the person who told her, instead of investigating what she had been told. It is bad enough when partly informed people keep on about "her corruption charges" but this is an article by a journalist who we would hope would get it right. Corruption charges could conceivably follow depending on the outcome of the current investigation, but at this stage that is NOT what they are doing.

She may have not put money from the rice scam on her pocket, but during the last years she has been warned many times that there was corruption. She has received many reports with evidences of corruption. But she has always ignored all the evidences and she never took any consequent action. She cannot be charged for corruption but, since she was aware of the crime on the office where she was in charge, she is accomplice of corruption.

Perhaps she wasn't brave enough to fight against the powerful crooks? Don't know.

Edited by MGP

Why, why, why!? How can it be possible that so called professional politicians who were supposed to be running the entire country can be so utterly stupid.

The guy is a fugitive, he is on the run, he is not needed. To any sensible Thai person they surely must see this as deeply worrying.

One thing is for sure the party can no longer deny that this guy is pulling the strings from afar. in fact this is pretty much an admission as the purpose of the meeting is openly admitted to be political.

This guy is the great divider and poison for the country,, the quicker this party is gone and this family is out of the limelight the better.

• Like 1

Why, why, why!? How can it be possible that so called professional politicians who were supposed to be running the entire country can be so utterly stupid.

The guy is a fugitive, he is on the run, he is not needed. To any sensible Thai person they surely must see this as deeply worrying.

One thing is for sure the party can no longer deny that this guy is pulling the strings from afar. in fact this is pretty much an admission as the purpose of the meeting is openly admitted to be political.

This guy is the great divider and poison for the country,, the quicker this party is gone and this family is out of the limelight the better.

Agreed 100 percent !!! These politicians look like complete tools by running to Hong Kong

to play lap dog to their master. Repeated public statements from PTP that Thaksin does not control

the government, yet they still have these " meetings" in nearby foreign countries. Face is important

in Thailand, but apparently the need to be properly positioned at the feeding trough trumps the

loss of face by acting like a lap dog........My god, the people of Thailand deserve better......

This is wrong on so many levels . . . with all PT's agitation to involve outside agencies in their "defense" they surely must see the hypocrisy in what they are doing ... or perhaps not ...

It's based on "sources" so did it happen? According to nearly all the posts on here it must have judging by the faux outrage being expressed - yet no proof one way or another , just a fluff piece.

Remember posting this, Tatsujin, the last time this kind of event was supposed to have happened, June 2013?

Well, if the reporters did their job a little better, this wouldn't be a rumour, it could be confirmed. How hard is it to check and track down the locations of the the top Pheu Thai politicians? If they all happen to be in Hong Kong at the same time, I'd say that would confirm things. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/648785-pheu-thai-denies-rumor-of-secret-cabinet-meeting-with-thaksin-in-hong-kong/#entry6539465

The same sentiments are valid now.

Agreed 100 percent !!! These politicians look like complete tools by running to Hong Kong

to play lap dog to their master. Repeated public statements from PTP that Thaksin does not control

the government, yet they still have these " meetings" in nearby foreign countries. Face is important

in Thailand, but apparently the need to be properly positioned at the feeding trough trumps the

loss of face by acting like a lap dog........My god, the people of Thailand deserve better......

The people certainly do deserve better, at best it is a farce, it's pretty unbelievable.

It's disgusting behavior and it plays directly into the hands of the opposition. you would think that the party would say to themselves that it is not sensible to have this meeting right now with the political situation in crisis but no. They really are monumentally stupid,,

I think you are right, it's all about the trough, there is no other sensible explanation. So much for Thai face though.

I can imagine how this meeting will go. They will all turn up in their Sunday best running around after fugitive leader,, sit in luxurious surroundings and after listening to his pearls of wisdom swan off for a very expensive meal and maybe shopping trip.

I wonder if the Thai tax payer is coughing up for this?

Ironic that on the agenda for the meeting with this convicted criminal is his sisters corruption charges. You couldn't make it up..

Ahhhhh, deep breath, rant over.

This is wrong on so many levels . . . with all PT's agitation to involve outside agencies in their "defense" they surely must see the hypocrisy in what they are doing ... or perhaps not ...

It's based on "sources" so did it happen? According to nearly all the posts on here it must have judging by the faux outrage being expressed - yet no proof one way or another , just a fluff piece.

Remember posting this, Tatsujin, the last time this kind of event was supposed to have happened, June 2013?

Well, if the reporters did their job a little better, this wouldn't be a rumour, it could be confirmed. How hard is it to check and track down the locations of the the top Pheu Thai politicians? If they all happen to be in Hong Kong at the same time, I'd say that would confirm things. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/648785-pheu-thai-denies-rumor-of-secret-cabinet-meeting-with-thaksin-in-hong-kong/#entry6539465

The same sentiments are valid now.

We all know that the "reporting" here is crap, but we've seen the same reports of Ministers and senior Pokicemen meeting with Thaksin abroad for so many years now with them even admitting it themselves or being photographed whilst doing so therefore I'm inclined to believe the reports.

If you still want to try to make out that this isn't Thaksinland now, go right ahead, but the days of lying to and fooling people are at an end now.

• Like 2