Columnist Gone for Good?

JusMe

One of the few reasons to read the newspaper we can't quote or link to on this forum, seems to have disappeared.

He has/had a regular Sunday column, and then one on Thursday that was only in the online edition.

But nothing there right now for Thursday, and trying to check his previous columns, on the Opinion page where all the columnists are listed, his name seems to have been removed:

• Popular writers
  • • Wassana Nanuam
  • • Terry Fredrickson
  • • Amornrat Mahitthirook
  • • Patsara Jikkham
  • • Boonsong Kositchotethana
  • • Richard Leu
  • • Arusa Pisuthipan
  • • Veera Prateepchaikul

Anyone have any info or speculations?

Edited by cdnvic
Bangkok Post does not allow us to link to them.

One of the few reasons to read the newspaper we can't quote or link to on this forum, seems to have disappeared.

He has/had a regular Sunday column, and then one on Thursday that was only in the online edition.

But nothing there right now for Thursday, and trying to check his previous columns, on the Opinion page where all the columnists are listed, his name seems to have been removed:

Anyone have any info or speculations?

Roger Crutchley ?

Trink?

Back in the early nineties when I lived in Bangkok and spent the weekends in Hua Hin, I always enjoyed reading his column in the train on Saturday. Later gradually it became less and less interesting, him plugging the same places too often, and too much Burma Shave. Always wondered if announcements like "Ross and Terry of the Butterfly and Whistle Bar are throwing a free roast on Saturday 18 on the occasion of Terry's birthday" attracted many freeloaders.

He definitely enriched Expat's English with expressions like "Oh well", "Nuff said" and "I don't give a hood".

After having contributed to the newspaper for such a long time, he wasn't given the chance to say a proper goodbye, without any announcement all of a sudden the column just disappeared.

Edited by keestha
  • Like 1

Got a private email from Khun Voronai, indicating that he didn't feel like writing over the Songkran holiday. And he is now freelance, so not listed as one of the full time employees.

We can expect more from him this Sunday.

Trink?

Back in the early nineties when I lived in Bangkok and spent the weekends in Hua Hin, I always enjoyed reading his column in the train on Saturday. Later gradually it became less and less interesting, him plugging the same places too often, and too much Burma Shave. Always wondered if announcements like "Ross and Terry of the Butterfly and Whistle Bar are throwing a free roast on Saturday 18 on the occasion of Terry's birthday" attracted many freeloaders.

He definitely enriched Expat's English with expressions like "Oh well", "Nuff said" and "I don't give a hood".

After having contributed to the newspaper for such a long time, he wasn't given the chance to say a proper goodbye, without any announcement all of a sudden the column just disappeared.

Supposedly, Trink was being censored more and more, so the column became progressively more boring. It was fun when I first got here and everyone had to read it.