Civil servants slam CAPO for 'intimidating' officials

Lite Beer

Civil servants slam CAPO for 'intimidating' officials
The Nation

30231789-01_big.gif

BANGKOK: -- Network of Civil Servants calls on its colleagues to protect their dignity

The Network of Civil Servants has slammed the Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) over what it regards as bids to intimidate and humiliate people who adopt an anti-government stance.

The network, comprised of 12 groups of civil servants, released a statement yesterday calling on all civil servants to fight against CAPO to protect their dignity.

The statement came after CAPO attacked Justice Ministry permanent secretary Kittipong Kittayarak after he invited People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leader Suthep Thaugsuban to visit the ministry on April 8.

The group said CAPO should not attack the heads of ministries and representatives of high-level officials as they have their own reasons for doing what they do.

It said high-level officials were key people needed to resolve the country's political crisis, while all sides should listen to one another to find a way to relieve the tension.

The network insisted that civil servants maintain impartiality over the political turmoil.

It said civil servants obeyed leaders who adhered to legal and moral principles.

CAPO ordered the permanent secretaries from each ministry to attend a meeting on Thursday to discuss ways to handle the crisis.

All permanent secretaries were in attendance except Public Health permanent secretary Narong Sahameta-pat, who openly agrees with the anti-government PDRC.

Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister and CAPO chief adviser Surapong Tovichakchaikul suggested that Narong, who is on the CAPO committee, would quit rather than be disciplined.

Surapong said Narong had violated CAPO's order and the body's committee had discussed his behaviour.

"Narong must decide himself whether to resign from his top position or not. It would be a stigma for him if he is given punishment," Surapong said.

Narong insisted that he was not able to attend the meeting due to work commitments.

He said he met with National Anti-Corruption Commission officials to ask for their advice on implementing transparency principles at the ministry.

He insisted that he had never taken a political side and it was his right not to attend the meeting.

"I have my own considerations on what I should and should not do," he said.

CAPO director Chalerm Yoobam-rung said Narong had taken the wrong side and told him to stand on the PDRC stage. Chalerm told Narong not use his ministry as his personal base

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-19

The group said CAPO should not attack the heads of ministries and representatives of high-level officials as they have their own reasons for doing what they do.

Well that alright then, I thought they were operating in a professional capacity....what the hell does "_have their own reasons " mean....

• Like 2

12 groups of what ?

we had a "network" of 3 "prominent academics" in a previous article a few weeks that went along pretty much exactly the same lines.

a few yellow shirts make up a name for their "group" that sounds official, they make a formal statement, release to their propaganda outlets for publishing. im going to assume the minumum number unless these dodgy nation journalists provide clearer details about their propaganda sources.

wake up, its propaganda pure and simple, gift wrapped with a bright yellow ribbon for the gullible.

• Like 1

who are these civil servents ? just 12 bias yellow shirts with a political agenda to push, make up a name for their new group ie "Network of Civil Servents" rolleyes.gif , make a statement, release to the press, and their propaganda outlets like The Nation newspaper do the rest.

usual yellow shirt tactics.... does anyone actually listen to them anymore , i think its more a case of in one ear and out the other.

Eh... what did you say..?

Just for a minute imagine the government is a Democtrat administration led by Suthep and the leader of the PTP opposition party seeking to overthrow the government has a public, one-on-one meeting with the Justice Minister who embraces the PTP leader's visit and sits down with him to discuss his government reforms.And this meeting happens after Democrat PM directs its ministers to show solidarity for the Democrat regime and not to meet with the opposition party at least before discussing the idea of such a meeting with Suthep first. You think Suthep would sit idly by and congradulate his Minister for being so open and rebellious? The Minister would be lucky if he was thrown in jail for sedition. Worse case scenario is that a bridge will be named after him where he gets thrown off it, hands tied, and a whistle tied around his neck.

Just for a minute imagine the government is a Democtrat administration led by Suthep and the leader of the PTP opposition party seeking to overthrow the government has a public, one-on-one meeting with the Justice Minister who embraces the PTP leader's visit and sits down with him to discuss his government reforms.And this meeting happens after Democrat PM directs its ministers to show solidarity for the Democrat regime and not to meet with the opposition party at least before discussing the idea of such a meeting with Suthep first. You think Suthep would sit idly by and congradulate his Minister for being so open and rebellious? The Minister would be lucky if he was thrown in jail for sedition. Worse case scenario is that a bridge will be named after him where he gets thrown off it, hands tied, and a whistle tied around his neck.

Sorry I am confused by the post - you are talking about ministers and the thread is about Civil servants

Is it me or you that is confused????

• Like 1

who are these civil servents ? just 12 bias yellow shirts with a political agenda to push, make up a name for their new group ie "Network of Civil Servents" rolleyes.gif , make a statement, release to the press, and their propaganda outlets like The Nation newspaper do the rest.

usual yellow shirt tactics.... does anyone actually listen to them anymore , i think its more a case of in one ear and out the other.

Not that familiar with what is available here in Thailand. In Canada we have the Canadian Mental Health.wai.gif

The latest installment of the Sopranos. The tactic of bullies - long established - is that they choose one person to go after. No one likely wanted to attend this trip to the teacher's office. Five most definitely didn't want to go, because they knew they'd be browbeaten in front of their colleagues - as they were. The Justice Ministry permanent secretary had to just sit there while Chalerm - Mr. Respect for the Law - talked to him like a child. Narong was brave enough - and had enough dignity - not to go. So naturally Chalerm and Thaksin's cousin go after him. This is so unseemly. We can't say, however, that it is unprecedented. All people have to do is cast their minds back to when Thaksin was prime minister. But what Pheu Thai don't seem to realize in all these orchestrated public petty shows of power - is that they are simply reminding people of just how bad it could get if they - and Thaksin - remained in control. As such, Pheu Thai does far more damage to themselves and to their public image than they realize.

12 groups of what ?

we had a "network" of 3 "prominent academics" in a previous article a few weeks that went along pretty much exactly the same lines.

a few yellow shirts make up a name for their "group" that sounds official, they make a formal statement, release to their propaganda outlets for publishing. im going to assume the minumum number unless these dodgy nation journalists provide clearer details about their propaganda sources.

wake up, its propaganda pure and simple, gift wrapped with a bright yellow ribbon for the gullible.

Yellow Shirts? .. from beneath what kind of mushroom have you recently crawled?

A committee member demonstrates his disagreement with the committee and he's publicly hung-out to dry. If a committee was formed for all members to follow their appointed leader with a 'YES', then that wouldn't be a committee, just another form of dictatorship justified with the statement: ''But we won the election".

This entire situation has gone way beyond Yellow v Red. Ever since the 4:30am attempt to railroad the Amnesty Bill through the House, the anti-government movement has grown far beyond it's colourful roots. The tipping point for PTP probably came when the UDD supporters celebrated the murder of innocent children from that now infamous rally stage in Korat. Since that time, free thinking people, from all sectors of society and all regions of the Kingdom, have started to question the truth and fear for their future. In order to avoid conflict and local repercussions, I suspect that many will remain silent. But, given a new election, something that I personally feel should be allowed and unobstructed, I firmly believe that enough former PTP supporters, like myself (though of course I never had nor ever will have the opportunity to vote here in Thailand), while probably not voting Democrat, would probably vote NO or Abstain.

PTP are retreating, but I hope that the earth left behind them remains viable for the future generations.

Edited by Bocking
  • Like 2

oh moonao . . . do YOU have anything between the ears to stop things going in one ear and out the other?

Can you not see the intimidation (and other methods) that your favorite leader, his party and now the CAPO are conducting now? The more they do these things, the more people are going to stand up against it. Welcome to 2014 where the kind of bullshit methods Thaksin has used in the past so successfully, will now be called out and made public. Every statement this caretaker Govt, UDD, PT, Thaksin lawyer etc makes now pushes people further away from them.

I hope elections ARE called soon, you're going to have such a surprise. I seriously doubt that PT would get anything close to 30% of the majority vote right now, probably much less.

If I had just moved here I would read one of his posts and immediately go for the Democrats.

Yes he has some thing between the ears. It just needs an electrician to sort the wires out. Some place along the line they became unwired Maybe in an accident or a chemical reaction to a substance his body was not built to tolerate. Who knows

"All permanent secretaries were in attendance except Public Health permanent secretary Narong Sahameta-pat, who openly agrees with the anti-government PDRC."

"Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister and CAPO chief adviser Surapong Tovichakchaikul suggested that Narong, who is on the CAPO committee, would quit rather than be disciplined."

The PTP have no idea of what they are doing when they piss off the Bureaucracy. They are talking to the people who are closest to them and know more about how they squander the tax payer's money and divert it to off shore accounts than any one else. They should be trying to woo them.

Then again when you have a fellow who threatens to cut off his own head it is hard to expect common sense from them. If Thaksin had any sense along with his low morals he would have had some one help him cut off his head. That kind of thing is nothing new for Thaksin.

Edited by northernjohn
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It's heartwarming to see Thais standing up to the CAPO mendacity.

12 groups of what ?

Your usual bluster and attempt to distract away from your lies and with no contribution.

Still doesn't change the fact that you posted a deliberate untruth.

• Like 1

Sorry I am confused by the post - you are talking about ministers and the thread is about Civil servants

Is it me or you that is confused????

Don't expect facts to get in the way of the Thai Rouge propaganda. The same crowd that claims Suthep has outstanding arrest warrants for murder. Even our prestigious Fryslan Boppe didn't know the difference between the caretaker Justice Minister and the permanent secretary.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

You lot are the people who Roadman is referring to.

Have you no sense or shame??