Gas explosion at Royal Thai Air Force safety demo injuries more than 40 people

Jonathan Fairfield

Gas explosion at Royal Thai Air Force safety demo injuries more than 40 people

Bangkok:-- More than 40 people suffered a multitude of injuries when a tear gas canister exploded during a safety demonstration by the Royal Thai Air Force.

The incident, which occurred on Saturday morning at the Bang Phlad district office in Bangkok, left many of the 200 attendees fleeing the scene in panic as the explosion ripped through the event which was organised to educate staff such as street cleaners and road workers on how to handle any suspicious objects they may come across which they suspect could be explosive devices.

During the event one witness reported that several explosive devices were on display. It is believed that one of the participants grabbed the high pressure tear gas canister, causing its activation bolt to be released, which in turn resulted in the device exploding.

Those injured at the scene were rushed to nearby hospitals for treatment.

The event was organised as part of a new safety campaign in the capital following the recent political unrest and also follows on from the tragic story earlier this month when an old World War 2 bomb exploded in Bangkok killing five people.

tvn.png
-- 2014-04-19

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention folk...we are going to use this acme u bewt bomb detector we have to locate the bomb among these gas canisters.......please be aware...we are highly trained in this sort of thing, do not do this at home.

oh...and great advertisement for those pro conscription devotees ...

Edited by Showbags

Sorry, what kind of tear gas canister injures 200 people?

And if it injures 200 people with an explosion, then what would be the point of putting tear gas inside it.

Tear gas is for suppression. Bombs are for killing people.

Why doesn't anything ever make any sense at all around here.

Is the weird media coverage, or is everything just this wacky all the damn time?

A bit tearz in the eye something they never experienced before so rush to emergencyroom , sure hope ut was that and not serious injury
  • Like 1

Something like the suicide bombing instructor to his class :

Pay careful attention for I will show you this only once.

Was this by any chance the same Chinese teargas canisters that injured protesters some years ago ?

Wish the injured a quick recovery.

• Like 1

Mind you, I'm sure that our highly trained "protectors" here would do a far better job than either the Malaysians or the South Koreans have done with their recent and respective disasters.

There would be None of this bungling and misinformation, that has gone on in those two places.

Our "guys" would no doubt, be right on top of the situation. They wouldn't try to hood-wink the public or guild the lilley .....ah I could go on but I don't want to risk offending anyone in Malaysia or South Korea by making OUR Guys look so good.

• Like 2

Sorry, what kind of tear gas canister injures 200 people?

And if it injures 200 people with an explosion, then what would be the point of putting tear gas inside it.

Tear gas is for suppression. Bombs are for killing people.

Why doesn't anything ever make any sense at all around here.

Is the weird media coverage, or is everything just this wacky all the damn time?

It injured about 40 people actually.

• Like 1

Wanted to type "Thailand, hub of safety demonstrations", but then I saw LemonJelly's Glock video - good one! Thanks for sharing this thumbsup.gif

"I'm the only one in the room professional enough to handle this Gun. I'm the o..." BAM!!!!! cheesy.gif Hilarious!

Almost forgit - quick and thorough recovery to the victims and may the person responsible be punished accordingly...

Edited by catweazle