Settlement visa result/update recieved - 2 emails- Any ideas ?

We submitted my wife's settlement visa application on the 10th April. On the 17th April we received these 2 e-mails. Does this mean it has been completed ? Has anyone received something similar ? We had paid the EMS fee to have all docs delivered to our home. Sorry ref numbers X'd out. Thanks in advance.

LBL

1. Visa application, tracking ID No. UK-THD-THB-XXXXXXXXXXX – has been forwarded to the UKVI Decision Making Centre on 4/10/2014 1:19 PM .

An auto e-mail will be generated to inform you when the application is returned and is available for collection at the application Centre.

2. Visa application, tracking ID No. UK-THD-THB-XXXXXXXXX – Your processed passport has been despatched from the UKVI Decision Making Centre , on 4/10/2014 1:19 PM to the UK Visa Application Centre.

My wife submitted her application on the 9th and 7 days later we got the same 2 emails. Like you we paid for EMS so just sitting and waiting to hear from the wife that she's had her passport back, then we'll see...

drb submitted his wife's application on the 3rd, had a call on the 9th and successfully received his settlement visa the next day. See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/719744-uk-settlement-visa/

We'll see in a few days if they're actually turning applications around this quickly or not, though my wife was told to expect to wait 3-4 months.

My wife submitted her application on the 9th and 7 days later we got the same 2 emails. Like you we paid for EMS so just sitting and waiting to hear from the wife that she's had her passport back, then we'll see...

drb submitted his wife's application on the 3rd, had a call on the 9th and successfully received his settlement visa the next day. See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/719744-uk-settlement-visa/

We'll see in a few days if they're actually turning applications around this quickly or not, though my wife was told to expect to wait 3-4 months.

OK thanks mate. Just the part that says 'Your processed passport ', suggests it has been completed ? Just wanted to confirm that really if anyone knew ?

I was also expecting a longer wait than a week.

Hi Guys just wondering where you submitted these super quick already approved visas .

My lady seems to think its the ones that got submitted at the old Regent house that have the quick turn around .

I doubt it as the decisions are not made there or at the new Trendy building .But at the Embassy so it should not make any difference .

We submitted on the 9th at Trendy and I have received 2 emails .

Your processed passport has been despatched from the UKVI Decision Making Centre , on 4/9/2014 to the UK Visa Application Centre.

the other one saying Visa application, tracking ID No. UK-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx – has been forwarded to the UKVI Decision Making Centre on 4/9/2014 .

the first one was timed 1 min after the other but the emails where received by us in reverse order ie the eirliest time last . but both times where before our actual appointment .

Longballlary As they say dispatched to the UK visa application center i guess it is still being processed .

Its all a bit confusing though .

Yes pretty confusing, and others too have received the same by the looks of it. But they say processed passport ? So as per my first question, does anyone know if that means they have been completed- our e-mails were 6 days after our application submitted ? Ah well, It looks like nobody does know, so suppose we just have to wait and see ?

Yes I agree with that about the dates but maybe its just the software they use ?.And it could explain our time difference maybe its not set correctly or in the wrong time zone ,wondere if anyone else has time issues .

Longballlarry I will be suprised if our Visas get turned around that Quickly I have just seen the post about UK Embasy holidays this last couple of weeks 14,15 off for Songkran and then 18 and 21 for Easter . It must be awfull having to work overseas and have all the hollidays forced on you from other cultures , all without pay I guess .giggle.gif

Just a quick update, her documents were returned by EMS today and her visa was approved. That's just over 2 weeks from submitting the documents at VFS Trendy Office Building on the 9th to receiving everything back on the 24th. Based on past performance, and considering it was Songkran, I like many others had trouble believing the stories of such a quick turnaround, but I can confirm those stories are indeed true.

Good luck to everyone else waiting on decisions.

Edited by GarryUK

Just a quick update, her documents were returned by EMS today and her visa was approved. That's just over 2 weeks from submitting the documents at VFS Trendy Office Building on the 9th to receiving everything back on the 24th. Based on past performance, and considering it was Songkran, I like many others had trouble believing the stories of such a quick turnaround, but I can confirm those stories are indeed true.

Good luck to everyone else waiting on decisions.

Garry

Did you get another e-mail first, ( in addition to the other 2 ? ) , before documents were sent to you yesterday ? It looks like we are 1 day behind you with our application, so i hope this arrives soon. Well done mate.

Garry

Did you get another e-mail first, ( in addition to the other 2 ? ) , before documents were sent to you yesterday ? It looks like we are 1 day behind you with our application, so i hope this arrives soon. Well done mate.

Yes, appointment on the 9th, 2 emails as per your post received on the 16th, then another on the 17th with the subject "UK Visas and Immigration have made a decision on your visa application". We had paid for EMS so her passport (and I hope the supporting documentation originals) arrived by post on the 24th.

Garry

Yes, appointment on the 9th, 2 emails as per your post received on the 16th, then another on the 17th with the subject "UK Visas and Immigration have made a decision on your visa application". We had paid for EMS so her passport (and I hope the supporting documentation originals) arrived by post on the 24th.

Ah ok, we never received the e-mail "UK Visas and Immigration have made a decision on your visa application". Hopefully no issues, we have been married 7 years, a young child together, live together in thailand, meet all financial requirements, and have visited the uk twice together already. The wait continues then !

• Like 1

Ah ok, we never received the e-mail "UK Visas and Immigration have made a decision on your visa application". Hopefully no issues, we have been married 7 years, a young child together, live together in thailand, meet all financial requirements, and have visited the uk twice together already. The wait continues then !

So what was the result without having receiving the mail "UK Visas and Immigration have made a decision on your visa application"? Was the visa approved?

Edited by theoldgit
Quote fixed

So what was the result without having receiving the mail "UK Visas and Immigration have made a decision on your visa application"? Was the visa approved?

Still waiting their decision. We contacted the the help centre call service at 1.37 a minute and were told ' It is being processed'. We have sent an e-mail the new help desk 5 days ago to ask for an update, who promise an answer within 1 working day. Still no reply from them. So we just keep waiting. Some have their decision in a week or so, others like us are still waiting. Not a lot else we can do there but wait I suppose.

• Like 1

Still waiting their decision. We contacted the the help centre call service at 1.37 a minute and were told ' It is being processed'. We have sent an e-mail the new help desk 5 days ago to ask for an update, who promise an answer within 1 working day. Still no reply from them. So we just keep waiting. Some have their decision in a week or so, others like us are still waiting. Not a lot else we can do there but wait I suppose.

I see... I actually only applied for a visit visa and the visa application centre just called me and said that my passport is ready for collection. I have only received the email about the "your processed passport" . I will have the result later and will keep you posted.

I see... I actually only applied for a visit visa and the visa application centre just called me and said that my passport is ready for collection. I have only received the email about the "your processed passport" . I will have the result later and will keep you posted.

Exactly my point my friend. When we had 2 seperate holiday visa's approved before, this was the text message we always received 'your processed passport', which meant, in each case it was approved, and we received the passport with visa 2 days later. For this settlement visa, We received this 'processed' e-mail now 2 weeks ago, saying that her passport had been processed, just as others who have now received their passport complete with visa, submitted at the same time. We paid for the passport and docs to be returned to us by EMS, but we have yet received no other info, we have tried to contact all the helplines and lines of enquiry, and nothing;. I wrote to their e-mail centre on Thursday last week, with the promise of a a reply in one working day, still no reply. I spoke to an Indian guy on the phone, telling me he was in London, who said, 'it was being processed;, I had a chat with the 4 quid SMS service, to be told the same thing- being processed. I said , why have they sent me an e-mail saying ' it has been processed' . Unfortunately this help service is flawed, They can not tell you anything else, and are in a different country, giving you updates on what is happening here, in Thailand.. If the application has been misplaced, lost, or stuck in the system, there is no way to check from the help desk/lines available. Sod jt, I'm going to drive back to Bangkok tomorrow and speak with them. I go back to work next week, whats the point in waiting around, if there's been a <deleted> up, who is supposed to sort that out?

Further to the above, Just one more thing, yellowfellow, how long after you received your ' processed e-mail' did you get your call ?

What I cant fathom is , I get an e-mail stating that our 'processed passport' has been sent from the decision making centre, back to the application centre 2 weeks ago, but still nothing from the application centre ? I cant see anything else I can do but drive there tomorrow. It will surely be another head scratching bureaucratic nightmare, but what else have I got planned, I obviously really need another 8 hr round trip !!!!

Further to the above, Just one more thing, yellowfellow, how long after you received your ' processed e-mail' did you get your call ?

What I cant fathom is , I get an e-mail stating that our 'processed passport' has been sent from the decision making centre, back to the application centre 2 weeks ago, but still nothing from the application centre ? I cant see anything else I can do but drive there tomorrow. It will surely be another head scratching bureaucratic nightmare, but what else have I got planned, I obviously really need another 8 hr round trip !!!!

After a few deep breaths and a laugh, Cancel that as a frustrated rant. We will just wait, and wait. If not approved, we'll try again. It would be nice to have someone to talk to who knew what was was going on though, but that clearly thats not an option.

Longballlary

I think there must be delays in the decision process due to the Songkran holidays.

My lady applied for her 2nd Visit visa on 10ith April and on 16th April she received the same 2 e mails that you did. It is now 30th April and we are still awaiting the decision. Last time she was granted the visa in 2 weeks.

Now I am getting concerned, I have booked flights for us both for May 13th, I have to be back the UK by the 16th for my sons Stag do in Munich. The same as you I contacted them by e mail but just got the standard reply, they are not even based in Thailand.

A concerned man

Keep you posted

Longballlary

I think there must be delays in the decision process due to the Songkran holidays.

My lady applied for her 2nd Visit visa on 10ith April and on 16th April she received the same 2 e mails that you did. It is now 30th April and we are still awaiting the decision. Last time she was granted the visa in 2 weeks.

Now I am getting concerned, I have booked flights for us both for May 13th, I have to be back the UK by the 16th for my sons Stag do in Munich. The same as you I contacted them by e mail but just got the standard reply, they are not even based in Thailand.

A concerned man

Keep you posted

OK, well that makes at least 4 of us now I'm aware of, who applied around that time, received those e-mails on the 16th, and nothing more. Some comfort in that at least. Best of luck.

Hi all we applied on the 10th April (2 settlement visas ) and I received the decision has been made email on the 30th of April while i was in the Air flying home to the UK , If I had got that email 18 hours earlier I would have delayed my flights and If it is a Yes and visa's are approved we could have all flown back together . That seems to be my luck at the moment . If its a yes that slight inconvenience will quickly be forgotten . We have been checking the track and trace web page of the Thailand Post as we paid for the docs to be posted back and they are slowly making there way back to my Wifes home . but another bank holiday so i guess it will be Tuesdy or Wednesday before we know .

I am sure you guys who applied arround the same time will be getting an email some time very soon . LBL I don't think you need to worry about yours going missing or being stuck in the system . You have the 2 emails saying its being processed its just a matter of biting your nails some more and crossisng your fingers etc .

I was allowed into the VFS application centre as we had our 1 year old with us , I was surprised to see the vast majority about 90 percent of people applying only had a small amount of paperwork with them . We had 2 folders each one about an inch thick . Maybe its my fault all you other guys are waiting . If I have been submitting too much paperwork and slowing the whole system down .

The amount of original documents they tried to give my wife back was worrying . Either I miss understand what they wanted or VFS staff seem to know much better what is required . When I asked "do i need to submit that Original document " ie( my wifws divorce papers ) amongst others . the reply was "its up to you" . Well as I had gone to the trouble of listing them in a smart contents page for my original documents folder then I had already made that decision so yes please send it .

It was nearly closing time by this time and the girl was cashing up I just passed all the paper work to her and said send everything . A mistake on my part but It was a bit of a panic . I ended up giving her original Thai documents as well as the official translations . so I hope to hell we get everything back . whether its a yes or a no my wife will kill me if hey have lost all her documents .

VFS staff will certainly have made the ECO job more difficult they had pulled papers out and the whole organization and indexing will have been all mixed up by the time they had finished .

Anyway my rant is over . Good luck to all of you .

I hope its good news Matsky. As I write this we are still waiting for the e mail saying the passport is ready. My lady also applied on the 10th so it looks like they are processing this date now.

What I can understand though is that ours is only a Visit visa. Rapidly running out of time now our flight is booked for Tuesday 13th