Pheu Thai wants an answer from EC on poll

Lite Beer

Why aren't the Democrats held accountable for all campaign funds spent by the 64 parties that participated in the Feb, 2, 2014 election that was nullified by the Constitutional Court?

The Feb. 2, 2014 election date was scheduled in compliance with the ruling given previously by the Constitutional Court that the election date need only the agreement between the Government and the EC. But because the Democrats/PDRC boycotted 10% of the election stations and prevented those from being avaliable to voters, by joint agreement the Government and EC scheduled a new election date for those boycotted election stations. Then the Constitutional Court nullified the Feb. 2nd election because not all elections polls were open on the same day. The nullification was the fault of the Democrats/PDRC.

To be fair to the 64 parties that particpated in the Feb, 2nd election, the Democrats/PDRC needs either to reimburse the 64 party's campaign costs that they now have to duplicate for the next election, be limited to half of what it would normally be allowed for campaign funds in the next election, or be barred from the next election. Oherwise an unfair burden is placed on the 64 parties to campaign for the next election date.

Because its nothing to do with the Dems that the election was voided.

Could go after suthep for it I suppose.

This weekend I've noticed some large posters with Yingluck and other crooks on the streets, with the PTP logo included so it can't be government propaganda but electoral one (no time to read what they were about, my Thai reading is very slow) Who is paying for that and why are they up when there's no electoral campaign declared?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pheu Thai deputy spokesman Anusorn Iamsa-ard said the meeting on Tuesday would prove the Democrats' sincerity in upholding democracy.

It will prove that they will stand against elections that are actually 'UN-democratic'.

Unless the PTP version of democracy includes the ability to

Buy votes.

Buy village chiefs to force voters to vote PTP.

Intimidate the Dem campaigners with murder and violence if they attempt to campaign in the north/northeast where 60% of the voters reside.

Use populist policies that harm the economy to buy targeted votes.

If the PTP are actually serious about democracy, they will agree to have an electoral reform to severely punish a party for any of the above.

If they are against an election reform, then they are admitting that they rely on the above to win, which is how they have won their past elections.

All quite simple really.... PTP hold the key to whether the Dems will agree to participate.

Your constant barrage of lies and innuendo is tiresome. If you are that certain that illegal acts are being undertaken, go and lodge a complaint. The Thai judicial system would welcome you.

The intimidation of candidates is more pronounced in the south, particularly in the Democrat stronghold, and apex of corruption in Thaialand, Phuket-Krabi-Surat thani & Nahkon Si Thammarat. Non Democrat candidates have been shot at, had their election signs vandalized and faced threats of violence. And yet, you remain silent. When Suthep was the chief organizer for the Democrats and delivered the votes in his fiefdom, do you think he attracted votes based upon his brilliant ideas and dashing good looks alone?

You refuse to acknowledge that the Democrat party has its own history of corruption allegations nd of vote buying and of intimidation. The Democrat Party has engaged in its own sophisticated form of gerrymandering except, that it directed it to appointing judges and election officials who could be counted upon to favour the Democrats and sabotage anything PTP.

I defy you and your coterie of vitriol spewers to step out of the shadows and to make your complaints and allegations public. Nothing precludes you from writing to the Nation and signing your name to that letter. I'm sure they would be willing to publish your allegations since you have them all substantiated.

You complain of the lies and innuendos, demanding that that he go and lodge a complaint. Two examples in other posts that are related to what he referenced have been highlighted. Candidate/canvasser murdered and poll of Democrat candidates revealing the lack of safety and intimidation of candidates in the North and Northeast. Yet you make the same accusations about the south without even one example. I suggest you do the same that you insist that he do by taking your evidence to the authorities. Write The Nation; sign the letter with your real name. Let me use your words:

"I defy you and your coterie of vitriol spewers to step out of the shadows and to make your complaints and allegations public. Nothing precludes you from writing to the Nation and signing your name to that letter. I'm sure they would be willing to publish your allegations since you have them all substantiated."

Your response is a sham.

Demoracts did not register for the election and no Democrats were on any ballots; therefore, there could be no Demorcat candidates/canvassers to be interferred with. Anyone who wanted to show support for the Democrats would be voting a "no vote" and no one would know who those people might be.

He and I were and are talking about previous elections. Need to get your post count up to collect your payments I suspect. You and your compatriots in the boiler room are the Sham "masters".