Online UK Visitor Visa Application Query

We have completed the application for a further UK visa for my wife but I want to be sure about the Signed Declaration part. As it is online and a mandatory requirement I assume that she just types her name and then signs in the same box when printed. Is that correct? There is no explanation on this.

She needs to print the application form, sign the hard copy and hand it in when she submits her application and supporting documents at the Visa Application Centre.

I've tried clicking the confirmed button but it won't allow me to proceed until there is a signature. A box pops up stating Signature Required. I can't see anyway round this other than to type in her name. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

* Mandatory information

Signature * Date Signed

Hi RHCP its not very well explained on the UKBA website like most other things ( its enough to make you think they don't want any more migrants in the country) I can't understand why ? tongue.png , As the reply's to your original question say ,

If You Just enter the English name on the online form as on the passport of the applicant .

and then when you have completed and printed the online version and you have a hard copy . just get the applicant to sign it however they normally sign .

I have removed lots of bitter thoughts about putting an X on the signature , that's just ridiculous, Who would even contemplate that , too many LEO's .

Good look OP , You have my best wishes .

I have the same problem, I cannot print the docs until the paper is signed, I cannot click onto make an appointment or pay for it until I get passed this signing problem. I tried typing in her name it does not work. If the op got around this sure would appreciate help.

Yes i am submitting an online application too, what is the problem with the signature page?
Some feedback would be greatly appreciated if anyone can get it working

I know its a new system but they really should make some effort explaining what they actually want.

Yes i am submitting an online application too, what is the problem with the signature page?

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated if anyone can get it working

I know its a new system but they really should make some effort explaining what they actually want.

I did one last week and the "signature" page was no problem. Just typed in the name and clicked whatever was there to move on.

Word of warning. when you later print out the submitted online application, print the whole 9 pages. Page 2 is an exact copy of the last page (page 9) - The Declaration.

I stupidly assumed they'd made a mistake in the PDF (by including a duplicate page) so I only printed out 1 of the declaration pages. w00t.gif

(Yes I know with hindsight I should have checked on here about that)

Luckily, the VAC staff spotted it and my GF was able to photocopy the declaration page there and then.