Passenger brawl heralds end of Metal Age for Thai Airways

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats why I always fly business class ..... but not on TG of course coffee1.gif

From experience, Chinese people eat loudly in all classes.

Someone in business class will still take chunks out of you head with a metal spoon.

...and a piece of glassware will do a whole lot more damage than a desert spoon...so enjoy your plastic cups as well.

Your logic may be flawed...but thanks for letting us know.

I guess you figured too; some people just like to take every opportunity to state they travel anything other than standard.

Why don't Thai Airways just modify the eating-implements, on flights to China, and let the rest of us passengers continue as we did previously ? whistling.gif

Hmmm. Apparently, they've already thought of that:

"New plasticware is being tested on the Bangkok-Los Angeles route with all Chinese routes to follow."

Ref: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/04/21/passenger-brawl-heralds-end-metal-age-thai-airways

One has to wonder about implementing the Bangkok-Los Angeles route first. But really one should wonder about the sagacity of implementing a route-specific plan at all (as well as to question the truthfulness of everything one reads on the internet ... and everywhere else, for that matter).

Many airlines have route-specific aspects to their service IME, by adjusting the catering for example, or rostering cabin-crew with appropriate language-skills, seems sensible to me ?

Although I do agree that Bkk-LAX doesn't instantly appear to be a Chinese-route, perhaps they're responding to the problem where they most experience it, or perhaps it's weight-related (on a long non-stop sector) ?

It's OK though, sounds like the (American) TSA wants to let people carry knives and bats onto planes again (knives with blades up to 2 3/4" (7cm) and those "souvenir" baseball bats that are eerily similar to the clubs fishermen use to club large fish with). Pre 9/11 I used to carry my Leatherman with me whenever I flew anywhere and more than once used the knife blade to cut through some rather tough airline meat.

If the TSA lets people carry weapons onto planes again, then metal utensils should make a return as well. Then my dream of having all my tableware come from various airlines may finally come true !

Every man needs a dream and I hate to crush yours; however, the TSA consideration to allow small knives was quickly squashed. Not sure about the bats though.

The removal of real cutlery does not provide any added safety for the passengers.

Soon after 9/11 I had to fly to the U.S. and was given plastic cutlery with my steak dinner and while trying to cut the steak, the fork sprung upwards and left gravy all over my white shirt.

I then had to sit on a plane for a further 10+ hours in dirty clothing.

Can only speak for myself but I would far rather be attacked by the flimsy plastic cutlery than steel every time.

Sorry to hear about your own experience with flimsy plastics...ten hours in a dirty shirt...very traumatic.

the best bet should be avoiding to sit with cine passenegers(especially norther cinc), if allocated a seat next to cine passengers at check-in, always ask flight attendants to change another seat with non-cine passengers.

Do avoid all red cina airlines (incl.HK,macau, taiwan, singapore malaysia airlines)for hassel flying .

flying pakistan airlines & BIMAN for BKK-HK,always no lousy red commmunist passengers

The removal of real cutlery does not provide any added safety for the passengers.

Soon after 9/11 I had to fly to the U.S. and was given plastic cutlery with my steak dinner and while trying to cut the steak, the fork sprung upwards and left gravy all over my white shirt.

Can only speak for myself but I would far rather be attacked by the flimsy plastic cutlery than steel every time.

Sorry to hear about your own experience with flimsy plastics...ten hours in a dirty shirt...very traumatic.

And I would rather be attacked by someone with metal cutlery than by someone with a 1 liter glass bottle.

Traumatic, I would say so.

I always dress well when flying and besides that I was being met off the plane by a new customer, so i turn up looking like a dog's dinner.

Edited by tonytigerbkk

the fact is these people disrupt everything around them and leave a dirty mess in their wake.

if people are not allowed to protest to vulgarity then soon we will be swimming in a world of absolute sh1t.

'THEY' are used to it and accept it as normal.

If people do not go out of their way to educate them what reason will they have to not piss, shit, spit wherever they wish?

theyre gross, and the thais look up to them!!

• Like 2

after the Russian bashing ......the Chinese bashing ...... wonder who will be next on the bashing list ..... what about a bashing list for those sexpats living in the LOS ?

Try the pro reds, the list is pretty smallgiggle.gif

On topic, Suppose you get what you LURE, Get back some Europe customers, get the A380 on the London run (if not on now) and fill it, promotion seats, smile again you cabin crew, and serve throughout the flight.

thai airways are using plastic cutlery since 7/11, as many other airlines.

gradually metal ones were back in business class.

very few airlines, like emirates, got it back for economy class as well

Do you mean 9/11, or are Thai using 7/11 for catering now?

However, you are correct that Thai has been using plastic for many years now, so this story makes no sense to me.

Not only are they using plastic, but really poor quality stuff. I have resorted to taking my own better quality plastic cutlery when I fly.

And I would rather be attacked by someone with metal cutlery than by someone with a 1 liter glass bottle.

I always dress well when flying and besides that I was being met off the plane by a new customer, so i turn up looking like a dog's dinner.

Just curious, but do you not take a clean shirt with you in the event of just such an occurance? I do, and I'm not even meeting important clients on arrival.

Given Thai's trading figures for last month, all decisions will be based on cost, and at the moment they must be thinking of ditching in flight catering and turning the galley areas into extra seating.

All they need now is Michael O'Leary as a business consultant.

after the Russian bashing ......the Chinese bashing ...... wonder who will be next on the bashing list ..... what about a bashing list for those sexpats living in the LOS ?

The next group of disruptive, loud, rude, ill mannered and inconsiderate pigs...in other words, the next group that deserve it

• Like 1

the best bet should be avoiding to sit with cine passenegers(especially norther cinc), if allocated a seat next to cine passengers at check-in, always ask flight attendants to change another seat with non-cine passengers.

Do avoid all red cina airlines (incl.HK,macau, taiwan, singapore malaysia airlines)for hassel flying .

flying pakistan airlines & BIMAN for BKK-HK,always no lousy red commmunist passengers

"....always no lousy red commmunist passengers"

Sod me, Senator Joe McCarthy is reincarnated smile.png.

I've never encountered this personally but I recall watching the idiot abroad episode in china and it seemed most of the locals Karl was around had terrible manners. Constantly sucking through their teeth, spitting into bags and all sorts. At the time I thought that was just made to look that way so the show could come across more entertaining. I'm starting to think it was real.

Oldthaihand99

They are mainland Chinese? So where are the well behaved once? On the islands they claim like Taiwan or some other islands?

IME Singaporeans were well behaved. After all they have laws against spitting & littering. Though i saw some subcontinentals there pissing in public, etc. BTW i loved Singapore airlines, although a bit pricey. CP, although not up to their standard, has a lot going for it too. But after reading this thread i might be inclined to avoid China & using China Eastern, etc.

Edited by oldthaihand99

Just curious, but do you not take a clean shirt with you in the event of just such an occurance? I do, and I'm not even meeting important clients on arrival.

Of course I do but it is not really practical to open my suitcase and iron a shirt before going through customs.

the fact is these people disrupt everything around them and leave a dirty mess in their wake.

if people are not allowed to protest to vulgarity then soon we will be swimming in a world of absolute sh1t.

'THEY' are used to it and accept it as normal.

If people do not go out of their way to educate them what reason will they have to not piss, shit, spit wherever they wish?

theyre gross, and the thais look up to them!!

Not sure if your comments are true or not. But about the Thais looking up to them, well, yes, that's sort of true. Most of the Thais who have a stack of money and who run the country do actually look the same as the Chinese ! :)