Best "Juicer" in Pattaya

marmaduke

May I suggest that you go and look in the following places

- Shop next door to Foodland (near the Car Park)

- Central (near Soi 9) 5th Floor Kitchen Center

- Second Floor Friendship on Pattaya Tai.

- Powerbuy near Foodland or in Central

Good Luck

Edit: // Added Ps:

Ps:

Big C Extra (Pattaya Klang) have some (Good Quality ???)

You can also have a look at Verasu

For example this one: http://www.verasu.com/product_detail.php?pid=1972

All Juicers & Blenders they have are listed here: http://www.verasu.com/product_subcategories.php?cid=59

Edited by MJCM

I'm very happy with my Philips juicer , easy to clean and it's been working fine for 2 years. A lot of shops/restaurants are using them here too.

You can buy them in Big C or Central Pattaya.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would appreciate some education about this topic. Juicers vs. blenders: My 1k baht Tefal Maxiblend 2-speed (plus pulse speed) machine,is still working well after two years, still juicing, chopping or blending my fruits and veggies into a lovely drinkable liquid pulp that makes my breakfasts, and keeps me off the sugary corporate breakfast cereals. I'm happy with my cheap machine, but would like to know why I would benefit from upgrading to a Hurom slow juicer, at ten times the price. Please enlighten me.

I would appreciate some education about this topic. Juicers vs. blenders: My 1k baht Tefal Maxiblend 2-speed (plus pulse speed) machine,is still working well after two years, still juicing, chopping or blending my fruits and veggies into a lovely drinkable liquid pulp that makes my breakfasts, and keeps me off the sugary corporate breakfast cereals. I'm happy with my cheap machine, but would like to know why I would benefit from upgrading to a Hurom slow juicer, at ten times the price. Please enlighten me.

If you watch the video it's all covered re slow juicers vs centrifugal juicers. A blender is about as different from a juicer as a knife is from a spoon.

And there is not a tenfold difference in price. It's less than double if you're going for a quality centrifugal juicer. Google for your own education as you don't even know the basics.

Edited by tropo

Bro, you are so yesterday. Get with the program. Slow juice. Build your sperm count.

Bro, you are so yesterday. Get with the program. Slow juice. Build your sperm count.

?

I think you're quite right, since a blender will keep all the fibers that are present in the peel included in the juice, where as a juicer will not.

I think you're quite right, since a blender will keep all the fibers that are present in the peel included in the juice, where as a juicer will not.

Good luck EATING vegetables mushed up in a blender because you most certainly won't be drinking them.

With the Hurom juicer you will end up with a considerable amount of pulp, which you can stir up and drink or discard.

Good luck EATING vegetables mushed up in a blender because you most certainly won't be drinking them.

With the Hurom juicer you will end up with a considerable amount of pulp, which you can stir up and drink or discard.

My 1200w blender turns EVERYTHING into a fine juice. Kale, spinach, broccoli, carrots, apples, bananas, mangoes, dragon fruit, frozen veggies, ice, and even grinds hard nuts into a soft powered.

Makro has a few high powered ones, so does Home Pro. Look for 1000w+ models.

• Like 1

Did you actually bother to read Tailien's post ? Here it is again.

chopping or blending my fruits and veggies into a lovely drinkable liquid pulp that makes my breakfasts, and keeps me off the sugary corporate breakfast cereals.

But hey, I don't want to get in an argument with you, because we all on this forum know that what you say is the only and the best thing that anyone should consider.

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1

My 1200w blender turns EVERYTHING into a fine juice. Kale, spinach, broccoli, carrots, apples, bananas, mangoes, dragon fruit, frozen veggies, ice, and even grinds hard nuts into a soft powered.

I'm well aware of what blenders do. They don't make juice or turn vegetables and fruit into juice. The OP wants a juicer, not a blender and made that quite clear as I'm sure he knows the difference. What we're discussing here is which type of JUICER is best.

Edited by tropo

chopping or blending my fruits and veggies into a lovely drinkable liquid pulp that makes my breakfasts, and keeps me off the sugary corporate breakfast cereals.

But hey, I don't want to get in an argument with you, because we all on this forum know that what you say is the only and the best thing that anyone should consider.

You're going to use this thread as an excuse to let me know what you think of me? Give it a break.... there was no need for the sarcasm in your last line.

The OP wants a juicer, not a blender. Most normal people would not consider eating a pulpy mass of vegetables and fruit made in a blender. I'll bet money the OP doesn't want to either, Sure, there are people who will eat all kinds of weird stuff, but that would be repulsive to most people.

But hey, if you must argue, try to do it intelligently, ok?

Edited by tropo

You're going to use this thread as a way to flame me because you don't like my posting style, and then say you don't want to argue? Give it a break....

The OP wants a juicer, not a blender. Most normal people would not consider eating a pulpy mass of vegetables and fruit made in a blender. I'll bet money the OP doesn't want to either, Sure, there are people who will eat all kinds of weird stuff, but that would be repulsive to most people.

But hey, if you must argue, try to do it intelligently, ok?

I flamed you ? Must be your self importance feeling that gets the upperhand once again.This is not about your posting style, this is about everybody is allowed to have an opinion, as long as it is the same as yours.

Did you notice that I replied to Tailien's comment about why he preferred a blender over a juicer, and didn't try to influence the OP in changing his mind?

Did you notice that Thailien said DRINKABLE liquid with pulp ?

Since you mention the word intelligent, I assume that you are intelligent enough to be aware that with a juicer you lose all the necessary fiber that are so important in a complete diet.

And that is why I, same as Tailien would prefer a blender, since I could drink my daily dose of vitamins including the daily requirement of fibers as breakfast.

Ever heard about catching 2 birds with 1 stone ?

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1

I flamed you ? Must be your self importance feeling that gets the upperhand once again.This is not about your posting style, this is about everybody is allowed to have an opinion, as long as it is the same as yours.

Did you notice that I replied to Tailien's comment about why he preferred a blender over a juicer, and didn't try to influence the OP in changing his mind?

Did you notice that Thailien said DRINKABLE liquid with pulp ?

Since you mention the word intelligent, I assume that you are intelligent enough to be aware that with a juicer you lose all the necessary fiber that are so important in a complete diet.

And that is why I, same as Tailien would prefer a blender, since I could drink my daily dose of vitamins including the daily requirement of fibers as breakfast.

Ever heard about catching 2 birds with 1 stone ?

You were a bit quick on the gas there buddy. Go back and read the edited version. But yes, your post was a personal attack despite your effort to disguise it.,. which is a bit pathetic on a thread about juicers. There's no need to get personal - just stick with the topic.

Drinkable vegetable juice made with a blender? Not if you were blending fibrous and/or green leafy vegetables you wouldn't - that would be impossible as you'd need a spoon to eat it. Perhaps you dilute the pulp with water, but really, this is just ridiculous.

You may want to purchase or try the Hurom slow juicer before making your uniformed comments. Yes, centrifugal juicers eliminate all the pulp, but with a Hurom slow juicer there's often too much pulp, especially if you're using the coarse strainer (it comes with 2 strainers so you can choose how much pulp you want) and ESPECIALLY if you're juicing green leafy vegetables. I've had to take excess pulp out with a spoon because there was too much in there for my liking. In a one litre batch of juice I can end up with 200 grams of pulp using the fine strainer. If you use the coarse strainer it'll be a lot more.

Perhaps you would like to see a photo of the pulp from a batch of juice I make - just for your education? If you go to the health forum we have a long thread (started by tropo) on juicing. A number of us own Hurom Juicers so we actually know what we're talking about.

Edited by tropo

I have a cheap 1500 Baht Kenwood juice extractor I bought 3 years ago which has worked OK. At the time I wondered if I should get a more a expensive one and what benefits it would offer.

The only drawback I can see with my present one is that it has several parts to disassemble and clean after use which takes about 10-15 minutes if you do it properly.

Maybe the more expensive machines have put more thought into the cleaning process and are designed to require less washing up time? Maybe they are also more efficient and extract more of the juice from the pulp than the cheaper ones.

Still, it's goodness in a glass and leaves you glowing with health after อิอิ

Edited by katana

I have a cheap 1500 Baht Kenwood juice extractor I bought 3 years ago which has worked OK. At the time I wondered if I should get a more a expensive one and what benefits it would offer.

The only drawback I can see with my present one is that it has several parts to disassemble and clean after use which takes about 10-15 minutes if you do it properly.

Maybe the more expensive machines have put more thought into the cleaning process and are designed to require less washing up time? Maybe they are also more efficient and extract more of the juice from the pulp than the cheaper ones.

Slow juicers don't come cheap, because they squeeze the juice out with a slow moving corkscrew, which requires quite a bit to torque so a heavy duty motor and construction is necessary... and yet they extract juice more quickly, which can be witnessed if you watch the video I linked above.

There's quite a bit of difference in the quality of the juice extracted because a high speed centrifugal juicer smashes the plant cells at high speed and causes damage which effects the taste and quality. You'd think it wouldn't matter much, but the taste of the juice is different. It's particularly noticeable with tomatoes. The centrifugal juicer delivers an orange coloured juice with a completely different taste than what you get from the slow juicer.

Anyone who juices seriously these days uses a slow juicer. The only reason for purchasing the centrifugal type would be the lower price.

They claim they're easier to clean, but I don't think they are. There's quite a bit of cleaning to do with either type. IMO that's just marketing nonsense. I'd even say my old centrifugal juicer was faster to clean, with less parts.

Thanks to all posters for helping me understand more about juicers and blenders. I explored Central's kitchen appliance department today, and was amazed at the variety of choices available. The Hurom is currently on sale, reduced from 12900 to 9990 baht. Still, it's not top of the line in juicers. That honor goes to the Kenwood juicer, made of metal rather than plastic, sale priced at 20560 baht. Several other brands of juicers range from 1790 up. Lots of blenders for sale too,from 990 up.

It's good to see that blending and juicing seems to be a popular way of preparing healthy foods. I'm in favor of it all, as drinking from my blenders have helped me lose 50 pounds in a few years, and saved me money too. I've never been enthusiastic about eating fruits and vegetables; it always seemed like too much work. But tossing them in a cheap blender makes it all so much easier. I can drink, yes drink, all the healthy ingredients, from a glass, with no need for a spoon. I don't want any of the good stuff to go to waste.

This is my issue with juicing. It seems to me that separating the good healthy pulp, full of fiber and nutrients, from the juice, is not a good idea. When one eats a fruit or veggie, one is eating both juice and pulp. Is this bad? I don't think so. I don't quite get why people pay more to separate juice from pulp. What do you juicers do with the separated pulp? I hope you don't just discard it as unwanted refuse.

Thanks to all posters for helping me understand more about juicers and blenders. I explored Central's kitchen appliance department today, and was amazed at the variety of choices available. The Hurom is currently on sale, reduced from 12900 to 9990 baht. Still, it's not top of the line in juicers. That honor goes to the Kenwood juicer, made of metal rather than plastic, sale priced at 20560 baht. Several other brands of juicers range from 1790 up. Lots of blenders for sale too,from 990 up.

It's good to see that blending and juicing seems to be a popular way of preparing healthy foods. I'm in favor of it all, as drinking from my blenders have helped me lose 50 pounds in a few years, and saved me money too. I've never been enthusiastic about eating fruits and vegetables; it always seemed like too much work. But tossing them in a cheap blender makes it all so much easier. I can drink, yes drink, all the healthy ingredients, from a glass, with no need for a spoon. I don't want any of the good stuff to go to waste.

This is my issue with juicing. It seems to me that separating the good healthy pulp, full of fiber and nutrients, from the juice, is not a good idea. When one eats a fruit or veggie, one is eating both juice and pulp. Is this bad? I don't think so. I don't quite get why people pay more to separate juice from pulp. What do you juicers do with the separated pulp? I hope you don't just discard it as unwanted refuse

You're a bit confused. Hurom is a slow juicer and the Kenwood "all metal" is a centrifugal juicer. Hurom is not the top of the line in the world, but it is the top of the line slow juicer in Central as it's the only one available.

I'm well aware of what blenders do. They don't make juice or turn vegetables and fruit into juice. The OP wants a juicer, not a blender and made that quite clear as I'm sure he knows the difference. What we're discussing here is which type of JUICER is best.

A quality high powered 1000w+ blender will do exactly that, turn whatever you want into a fine juice, skin and all. Just as smooth as a juicer, and with zero waste. You have to add water to it of course, but it's 100% JUICE when it's finished.

It is something the OP may want to look into if he is concerned about losing some of the nutrients via a juicer, or the clean up involved. Cheap and low powered blenders leave the pulp Tropo is speaking of, not the newer, high powered ones.

Slow juicers don't come cheap, because they squeeze the juice out with a slow moving corkscrew, which requires quite a bit to torque so a heavy duty motor and construction is necessary... and yet they extract juice more quickly, which can be witnessed if you watch the video I linked above.

There's quite a bit of difference in the quality of the juice extracted because a high speed centrifugal juicer smashes the plant cells at high speed and causes damage which effects the taste and quality. You'd think it wouldn't matter much, but the taste of the juice is different. It's particularly noticeable with tomatoes. The centrifugal juicer delivers an orange coloured juice with a completely different taste than what you get from the slow juicer.

Anyone who juices seriously these days uses a slow juicer. The only reason for purchasing the centrifugal type would be the lower price.

They claim they're easier to clean, but I don't think they are. There's quite a bit of cleaning to do with either type. IMO that's just marketing nonsense. I'd even say my old centrifugal juicer was faster to clean, with less parts.

Thanks. The Hurom one you linked to in the video looks good, although expensive! It also seems to have an easy cleaning method whereby you just pour in some water and run it to flush out and clean it.

A quality high powered 1000w+ blender will do exactly that, turn whatever you want into a fine juice, skin and all. Just as smooth as a juicer, and with zero waste. You have to add water to it of course, but it's 100% JUICE when it's finished.

It is something the OP may want to look into if he is concerned about losing some of the nutrients via a juicer, or the clean up involved. Cheap and low powered blenders leave the pulp Tropo is speaking of, not the newer, high powered ones.

Try turning this into a fine juice in a blender.

Carrot, beetroot, celery, lime & lemons (with skin on), broccoli, ginger, kale, cucumber and bitter gourd.

Of course you can't add water, because that's not turning vegetables into juice, that's creating a pulp in water suspension.

You'll be wasting the vegetables as it cannot be done.

Carrot, beetroot, celery, lime & lemons (with skin on), broccoli, ginger, kale, cucumber and bitter gourd.

Of course you can't add water, because that's not turning vegetables into juice, that's creating a pulp in water suspension.

And why would the vegetables be wasted by adding a bit of water ? Never knew that clean water wasted any nutrients or vitamins.

When using a high power blender and adding a little water to make it more liquid, the end result will be almost the same as using a slow juicer, with that difference that it will contain a lot more more nutrients and fibers but exactly the same amount of vitamins.

• Like 1

And why would the vegetables be wasted by adding a bit of water ? Never knew that clean water wasted any nutrients or vitamins.

When using a high power blender and adding a little water to make it more liquid, the end result will be almost the same as using a slow juicer, with that difference that it will contain a lot more more nutrients and fibers but exactly the same amount of vitamins.

If you can make a drinkable liquid of the vegetables I listed above without diluting it with water, I'll buy you a new slow juicer. It can't be done. Don't talk about adding water - you'd have to double the volume at least to get it down. Making purée and making juice are two different things. Don't confuse the two.

Absolutely a glass of my 100% juice with risidual pulp would have more vitamin and mineral content that your glass of vegetable purée due to the dilution factor. I'm using more vegetables to make the juice and the juice holds most of the nutrients.