Rescue Volunteer Thailand: Python rescued from electric shock

webfact

Python rescued from electric shock
By Coconuts Bangkok

snake-header.jpg?itok=IC9saReC

Photo: Rescue Volunteer Thailand

Where you going, big guy?

BANGKOK: -- Rescue Volunteer Thailand shared photos of their impressive rescue in Pattani province in which they saved from shocking death a python who innocently snugged with and coiled tightly around a utility pole.

Pattani locals called up the rescue volunteers Friday when they spotted the python on the electricity post.

The python held on tight, so the volunteers ascended in a cherry picker to pull its head with a lasso and managed to bring the python down unharmed, MThai reported.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/04/21/python-rescued-electric-shock

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-04-21

• Like 2

Oh Wow!!

We had one climb the pole outside the house, heck of bang and the power went off, the power company guy said that they are attracted to the humming

Oh Wow!!

We had one climb the pole outside the house, heck of bang and the power went off, the power company guy said that they are attracted to the humming

I stop humming as of today ! sad.png

Yermanee wai.gif

I too.....

That guy in the cherry picker is MUCH MAN! I would have been afraid that the serpent, once disentangled, in swinging free would have swung into the basket and done a reflexive coiling around the rescuer's body.

A kind act, should get a making merit bonus for that one!

That guy in the cherry picker is MUCH MAN! I would have been afraid that the serpent, once disentangled, in swinging free would have swung into the basket and done a reflexive coiling around the rescuer's body.

I got told that it doesn't active squeeze you to death, it just tighten a bit everytime you breath out and next time you can't take in enough air.

That means there would be time enough that some bystander helps. But still good and brave job.....

I got told that it doesn't active squeeze you to death, it just tighten a bit everytime you breath out and next time you can't take in enough air.

That means there would be time enough that some bystander helps. But still good and brave job.....

Usually they kill like that using immense force around the ribcage, but what if it curled around your neck?? How long would you have then to get it off??

For the life of me I cannot fathom out how it wasn't electrified, pictures clearly show the snake in contact with both the wiring which should be live and the post, which must be earthed. Unless of course the power was turned off prior to all of this, but saying that, the aerial platform (cherry picker) does appear to be insulated.

For the life of me I cannot fathom out how it wasn't electrified, pictures clearly show the snake in contact with both the wiring which should be live and the post, which must be earthed. Unless of course the power was turned off prior to all of this, but saying that, the aerial platform (cherry picker) does appear to be insulated.

But aren't these cables insulated?

But aren't these cables insulated?

No I don't believe they are, but I may be wrong.

Deep fried - not good.

and managed to bring the python down unharmed

..and then, they ate it.

no,those things are worth big money to a zoo or wealthy private collector

no way they would kill it for food

i remember years ago a huge one swam from a canal up a tree into some 3rd floor balcony

and the guys spent hours trying to catch it with ropes and sticks and pull it down but the snake was stronger than 3 men ,

i asked my gf at that time why dont the police who were standing around just shoot it ??

she said they will get no money for it dead .........