Pheu Thai Party inquires NACC about cases against Abhisit and Suthep

webfact

Pheu Thai Party inquires NACC about cases against Abhisit and Suthep

PNPOL570421001000401_21042014_020107.jpg

BANGKOK, 21 April 2014 (NNT) - Pheu Thai Party spokesperson Prompong Nopparit told the media that he would today visit the National Anti Corruption Commission (NACC) to inquire the agency about the progress of seven cases already filed against Democrat Party Leader Abhisit Vejjajiva and People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) Secretary General Suthep Thaugsuban during their time in the administration.

The ruling party’s spokesperson said that he would submit a letter to the NACC asking how much the latter had dealt with the investigation into the 7 cases encountering the duo such as the 2010 military crackdown on red-shirt protesters and the construction of 396 police stations that failed to materialize. He pointed out that these cases do not make a substantial progress despite the fact that they were filed well before the rice support program fraud case of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra. He demands an explanation on the matter from the independent agency.

Pheu Thai Spokesperson Prompong also defended an action by the Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) over its recent comment on the performance of the charter court and the NACC, which drew many criticisms against the center. Prompong said Pheu Thai party’s legal team had looked into the action by CAPO and found it a normal comment which was not considered an attempt to step over the public agencies’ authority. He thus urged all sides to refrain from denouncing the center on the matter.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-21 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Prompong must know the difference between allegation and case with strong evidence.....

He must remember if he party file case with strong evidence or not. For the moment NACC not found strong evidence about PT allegation......

Just another tactic from a pity spokesperson to discredit independent agency from his work to investigate on a corrupt government

Just give him enough rope to hang himself again for yet another set of defamation offenses, they can tack it all onto his 1 year jail term once the power shift happens, this guy will be yet another one on the run from a long time behind bars.

• Like 1

Not defending the actions of Yingluck or PTP, but they do have a legitimate beef. The cases against her have been "prioritized" and rushed through quickly, while those against the Dems have been "slow walked" and put on a far back burner. The cases against Ying and PTP have developed in a matter of just a couple of months, while those against Dems have been sitting for over two years with no action.

Try a little "fair play" for everyone for once.

If there is little or no evidence of wrong doing by the Dems in 2010 then of course it will take time. I think TS's lapdog Tarit at DSI couldn't even make a case.

I am surprised with the amount of obvious corruption in the rice scam that it has taken NACC this long to bring charges. Half of PT should already be in jail, or hiding in Dubai spending their ill gotten gains.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

According to the World Justice Report, "Thailand earns high marks on absence of crime and effectiveness of the criminal justice system..." "The country's lowest scores are in the dimension of civil justice, partly because of delays in processing cases."

I agree 100%. The Dubai Master used this system perfectly, Berlusconi is (was) a trainee in comparison with Mr.T.

Not defending the actions of Yingluck or PTP, but they do have a legitimate beef. The cases against her have been "prioritized" and rushed through quickly, while those against the Dems have been "slow walked" and put on a far back burner. The cases against Ying and PTP have developed in a matter of just a couple of months, while those against Dems have been sitting for over two years with no action.

If there is little or no evidence of wrong doing by the Dems in 2010 then of course it will take time. I think TS's lapdog Tarit at DSI couldn't even make a case.

I am surprised with the amount of obvious corruption in the rice scam that it has taken NACC this long to bring charges. Half of PT should already be in jail, or hiding in Dubai spending their ill gotten gains.

They actually commented on it the other day saying they were not getting any co-operation from the relevant persons/parties. Amazing really given there desire for 'reform'. Make of that what you will.

The NACC may not realize it, but they are also on trial.

• Like 1

Interesting, the DSI bypasses the NACC and gets the OAG to charge Abhsit/Suthep as private persons, Abhisit/Suthep have complained and said their case should first be handled by the NACC as they were in function at the time and now even Pheu Thai agrees with them?

BTW the 'police station' disasters seems to have dried up a bit after it was first announced. May it be a case of the Prompong concept of "I challenge you to prove you are innocent of the crime I allege you of" ?

If I were Abhisit and Suthep who ordered the army into action with live ammunition, thereby initiating 90 Thai dead and several hundred Thais injured, I'd also want my pals of the ammart to take care of the case for me. Youknow, the guys I have dinner with at the exclusive private clubs. The guys who also wear the white uniforms with the high Prussian collar.

Yes, I'd like that too, same as you so very much like it. Yes, it is very interesting, the matter of which place Abhisit and Suthep want to be judged, I'd agree. It would seem you and I see eye to eye on this, same as Abhisit and Suthep together feel good about having the NACC take care of it.

A case of the broom and the rug.

Abhisit and Suthep certainly don't want the relatively independent OAG looking into this matter which the Thai people continue to be upset about and which the Thai people continue to vividly remember, this business of Thais killing Thais. It's branded on the foreheads of Abhisit and Suthep for life.

Thing is however I'm not in the DP nor am I ammart. So I'd refer you to the two posts below concerning who and what are on trial in the court of public opinion. .

The OAG seems not too fast afoot either.

• Like 1

If I were Abhisit and Suthep who ordered the army into action with live ammunition, thereby initiating 90 Thai dead and several hundred Thais injured, I'd also want my pals of the ammart to take care of the case for me. Youknow, the guys I have dinner with at the exclusive private clubs. The guys who also wear the white uniforms with the high Prussian collar.

Yes, I'd like that too, same as you so very much like it. Yes, it is very interesting, the matter of which place Abhisit and Suthep want to be judged, I'd agree. It would seem you and I see eye to eye on this, same as Abhisit and Suthep together feel good about having the NACC take care of it.

A case of the broom and the rug.

Abhisit and Suthep certainly don't want the relatively independent OAG looking into this matter which the Thai people continue to be upset about and which the Thai people continue to vividly remember, this business of Thais killing Thais. It's branded on the foreheads of Abhisit and Suthep for life.

Thing is however I'm not in the DP nor am I ammart. So I'd refer you to the two posts below concerning who and what are on trial in the court of public opinion. .

The OAG seems not too fast afoot either.

Still posting the same old nonsense.

How many of those 90 deaths were terrorist insurgents, how many were security forces and how many were innocents?

Abhisit and Suthep haven't been tried yet, or convicted of anything. Of course, you've made up your mind, before the trial. And surprise surprise it suits your political agenda.

Here we have a spokesman who should be in jail serving the sentence he was given after conviction, speaking for a party owned and controlled by a convicted fugitive criminal. Sure, they must be right, they wouldn't lie, would they?

Ninety dead are 90 dead Thais. Several hundred injured are several hundred injured Thais. As Abhisit and Suthep should have known, the Thais have a long memory. State power is the power of violence yet the Yingluck government has practiced disciplined restraint against the fascist mobs In the streets who attacked innocent voters at the polling stations.

So anyway, tell you what - you take Prompong off to jail where he can run at the mouth all he wants and I'll take Abhisit and Suthep off to court where the OAG can prosecute the case, A&S can employ their defense teams of their fellow ammart to argue the case to the ammart on the bench, and each of us might get what could be considered justice. Although I wouldn't get my hopes too high about justice occurring in either case. This being Thailand and all of that.

Perhaps better, you and I together can nab each of 'em and haul each of 'em off to their respective venue. A citizens in action kind of thing. Equal justice for all.

Not your cup of tea, I know.

I agree with you. They don't make things easy for themselves by being so lazy.

The case against Abhisit and Suthep regarding the 2010 crackdown, could have been dealt with long ago and quashed well before these charges against Yingluck were pressed.

Suthep seems to be Teflon Boy as far as the NACC is concerned.

1995 Phucket land scam.

2010 "bring me some red shirt bodies.

2011 palm oil Scam are the most famous 3.

Makes Thaksin's wife winning a sealed bid auction and him getting 2 year sentence seem likke chicken feed. The people of Thailand know it was not fair and this is one of the reasons why he is still so popular here.

I find it utterly unbelieveable that Suthep said "bring me some red shirt bodies". I am sure that you have no proof, and no one else has any proof of that. If there is proof, then why isn't it all over the news. Sounds like repeating rumours to me.

The PTP seem to be slow with the palm oil scam since it would seem to ahve occurred during their tenure. Is Suthep friends with the PTP?

• Like 1

The case against Abhisit and Suthep regarding the 2010 crackdown, could have been dealt with long ago and quashed well before these charges against Yingluck were pressed.

The interesting part is that in one of the topic of the NACC bias against Ms. Yingluck, one poster felt sorry for the girl and suggested that the NACC stop trying to stick it to her and get going on their actual job of tracking corruption.

Now I'd really be interested in hearing what the Abhisit/Suthep case of 2010 has to do with corruption.

• Like 1

The interesting part is that in one of the topic of the NACC bias against Ms. Yingluck, one poster felt sorry for the girl and suggested that the NACC stop trying to stick it to her and get going on their actual job of tracking corruption.

Now I'd really be interested in hearing what the Abhisit/Suthep case of 2010 has to do with corruption.

Nothing, the NACC are supposed to be investigating them for "abuse of power"