Thaksin 'ready to sacrifice family', sets terms for quitting politics

webfact

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he says he will sacrifice his family, does that mean his little dog 'Toto' too?

"God said, 'Abe, kill me a son.' Abe said, 'Where you want this killin' done?' God said, 'Down on Highway 61,'"

- excerpt from the song, 'Highway 61' by Bob Dylan

"He is ready to sacrifice for the country and to have his family end their political career so that the country can move forward."

Translation: he sees his sister is about be check-mated. He knows she's going to have to pack her 38 oversized suitcases and find another place to reside. He's just trying to get in some chess moves before the legs of the chess table collapse, and the house he's playing in careens down the slippery slope.

Edited by boomerangutang

Anyway if the shins leave politics, shouldn't be a problem as long as there is another party that springs up, to protect democracy from the lunatic yellow fringe, and who have the will to bring those to account that have undermined democracy eg NACC, EC, Suthep, etc over the last few years, as well as amend the constitution to prevent these corrupt agencies from exercising a judicial coup etc. in the future.

There is so much discontent in the electorate regarding their stolen democracy that in the absence of the shins, a party that bases their politics on the above and provides good policy will have a strong chance of winning an election. Their chances are of course bolstered by one of the most pathetic, ineffective opposition parties in the history of thai politics.

What is needed is a party to spring up to protect democracy from the lunatic fringes in yellow AND red.

• Like 1

He and Suthep make a perfect couple. May them and all their cronies/families/"friends" finish to destroy Thailand. Once for all.

You can't compare them - O.K., they are both corrupt - but on a different level. Mr. T. opened a new universe of corruption in Thailand; which has to be stopped asap.

I don't like S. at all, but I do like what he is doing now (not how he does it, but a least he does something against 'it').

Without him, Mr. T. wouldn't be so desperate now (and the red zombies wouldn't have lost at least some of their support).

Suthep family's and clan are well known in South for his malpractices and "mafia" mo.

So let's eradicate a criminal to let some other criminal take his place?

Thanks but no thanks

Sent from my Samsung GT-5500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who in this thread (or any other TVF thread) has argued for Suthep to become PM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He and Suthep make a perfect couple. May them and all their cronies/families/"friends" finish to destroy Thailand. Once for all.

You can't compare them - O.K., they are both corrupt - but on a different level. Mr. T. opened a new universe of corruption in Thailand; which has to be stopped asap.

I don't like S. at all, but I do like what he is doing now (not how he does it, but a least he does something against 'it').

Without him, Mr. T. wouldn't be so desperate now (and the red zombies wouldn't have lost at least some of their support).

Suthep family's and clan are well known in South for his malpractices and "mafia" mo.

So let's eradicate a criminal to let some other criminal take his place?

Thanks but no thanks

Sent from my Samsung GT-5500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who in this thread (or any other TVF thread) has argued for Suthep to become PM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And where did I mention that Suthep could be the PM?

Perhaps the most hated man in Asia : Thaksin the criminal.

thief of his own dear Country

It's a competitive field. Marcos and Sukarno are gone, thank Bob, but SE Asia ranks nearly as bad as Central African region, for crappy leaders. Granted, T may take the gold medal, for 'most hated' but the competition is thick: There's Hun Sen, Duch, both from Cambodia. There are the faceless Commie leaders from Laos, and the faceless junta from Burma. There is Mahathir and his buddies in Malaysia who are getting false criminal charges (of bestiality) to stick to a political rival. Even Brunei's top banana gets honorable mention, for putting the yoke of Sharia Law on everyone in his Kingdom.

• Like 1

He is ready to sacrifice for the country and to have his family end their political career so that the country can move forward.

About blo*dy time. But one of the sacrifices should be serving his prison sentence. Only then will future politicians possibly realize that they have to follow the rule of law and if they don't they will be punished.

The big difference between Abhisit and Thaksin is that Abhisit stayed in the country to face the music.

He did not run away. He accepted that he could be charged with man slaughter and even sentenced to death. He takes it as a man and face the consequences of his government's policies.

Thaksin on the other hand ran away like a coward. He did not want to take responsibility. He did not want to stand up for or defend the results of his government's policies.

So the key word as I see it is "responsibility" - and Thaksin's lack of it. He says that ""He is ready to sacrifice for the country and to have his family end their political career so that the country can move forward." Is that just another way to again very conveniently run away from his and his family's responsibility of the current state of affairs?

This would be a good argument if they were both judged by impartial courts.

It would also apply if both of them broke the law, remained in the country, faced the courts and are willing to accept their punishments.

Abhisit is willing to do that and has publically said so.

Thaksin isn't and has publically said so simply by his actions in becoming a fugitive from justice.

No it wouldn't. They are not treated in the same manner by the courts, so how is it the same? Has a military junta set up a committee with the specific agenda of convicting Abhisit of absolutely anything no matter how trivial. They had to justify their coup with a conviction.

Then why has the DSI charged Abhisit and Suthep with murder. Whilst the DSI is NOT a military junta it does obey the PTP and by extension Thaksin.

Is the charge of murder NOT politically induced?

That said Abhisit and Suthep are STILL in Thailand whilst your "super hero" Thaksin is too scared to return, which he could have done at ANY time since he jumped his bail, like the coward he is, he ran away from justice.

• Like 2

It would also apply if both of them broke the law, remained in the country, faced the courts and are willing to accept their punishments.

Abhisit is willing to do that and has publically said so.

Thaksin isn't and has publically said so simply by his actions in becoming a fugitive from justice.

No it wouldn't. They are not treated in the same manner by the courts, so how is it the same? Has a military junta set up a committee with the specific agenda of convicting Abhisit of absolutely anything no matter how trivial. They had to justify their coup with a conviction.

Pure disinformation.

Thaksin was convicted by the Supreme court of a conflict of interest - not a committee. He also attempted to bribe the court. He also faces other far more serious cases that he ran away from.

Abhisit will have his day in court over the response to the 2010 riots despite the Thaksin-influenced DSI giving a free pass to the army.

"The Bank of Thailand also confirmed that prior to transferring the land to Pojaman, the Bank had been in contact with the National Counter Corruption Committee (NCCC), and that the NCCC had replied that as Thaksin Shinawatra did not directly supervise the Financial Institutions Development Fund (FIDF), who were the official seller, then there would be no problem with the NCCC Act Article 100." http://slimdogsworld...01_archive.html

Anyone claiming this case was conducted impartially is either unfamiliar with the facts or has been brainwashed by the yellow lies.

Most of us DO research before we post but thank for the insinuation that I have been brainwashed by the yellow lies so that I now know and understand that anything from the PTP and Thaksin is the whole and only truth in Thailand. I feel SO much better after being shown the error of my ways.

Of course it you had asked MY opinion I would have told yopu that most of your posts are little more than verbal diarreah but of course that is just my personal opinion.

• Like 2

I have always thought that the Thaksin-Redshirt alliance was one of convenience rather than ideology. Assuming there is any shred of truth to this report, it would not surprise me if the foreign backers of Thaksin were to ditch him and lend their support to some other politicians. This cycle is going nowhere and there needs to be a clear and uncontested victory for one side. Anyone who can gain the support of the Lanna-Isaan swathe of the country will most likely be in government.

The current regime has, yet again, failed to saddle the country with chronic debt - one of the key pre-emptive strikes on the road to 'liberalisation', privatisation and resource-theft. Thailand will never be a 'good ally' unless it allows itself to be plundered. Just look closely at what is happening in the Ukraine, beyond the military exchanges there has been a huge debt-for-resources scam.

I don't think the battle in Thailand is a 'normal' democratic politics about merely managing the country, but more about who ultimately controls the resources. That this conflict even exists seems to indicate that Thailand's elite are unwilling to relinquish their control to the globalists. For how long can such a relatively small country hold out? I'm not sure that repeating the 19th century policy of accommodating all sides will work again.

There's a lot of merit in what is being said here.

I'm not sure that the 'Liberalisation' is coming from the usual direction and suspect a neighbour to the North East has eyes on Thailand's assets, particularly food production.

Where is the evidence of foreign backers supporting Thaksin?

"The Shinawatras have the right to be in or out of politics. But if you are in, you should comply with the law and are ready for scrutiny," Said the man who has been charged with murder...

Everybody in Thai politics just talks b*llox, each accusing the other with the same stuff (and all guilty of the same stuff)

"The Shinawatras have the right to be in or out of politics. But if you are in, you should comply with the law and are ready for scrutiny," Said the man who has been charged with murder...

Everybody in Thai politics just talks b*llox, each accusing the other with the same stuff (and all guilty of the same stuff)

Some guilty of some things and some guilty of others, BUT NOT ALL THE SAME, lets get the priorities right. But the topic is the Thaksins. If they are ready well for gods sake do it and get the hell out of it.

Let Thailand move on Shin., If you cannot rule fair you do not deserve elections, Move on.

• Like 1

He have already sacrificed his own sister who is on the way to court and will be convicted for corruption and fraud in the near future.thumbsup.gif

Pack your bags YL and fly to Dubai like your coward brother bah.gif

Who is next in line to be the new Shinawatra puppet PM? coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Sociopaths are unable to accept responsibility for anything. Others are always blamed by these people. I am sorry but Thaksin is mentally ill and the cause of all the problems here in Thailand. The guy is a monster and should be removed from all influence if he cannot remove himself. What ruddy arrogance to demand that others respect the law when he has done everything he can for so many years to flout it. Not only Thai law, but international law too. I'm fed up of this man who ruins so many lives and I am fed up of those sycophants here who support him.

A mentally ill sociopathic monster who is the sole cause of all the problems in Thailand.There are two interpretations of this statement.The first is that it is true, and thus all steps necessary to remove him should be taken.The second that it is a hysterical, buffoonish and ignorant rant ignoring the complex political and social issues that have brought the country to its present pass.I have my own views on the applicable interpretation but others must make up their own minds.

I base my personal assessment of Thaksin as a sociopath from my wide experience of working with mental health issues as well as having a sociopath in the family. I have been fascinated by the similarity in behaviours between Thaksin and other sociopaths such as Lance Armstrong, Berlusconi & idi Amin to name just three. It is not only the lies repeated ad nauseum but the manipulation that goes with them. If you search the internet for the traits of a sociopath, you may come to the same conclusion as I have.

I have no interest in your nonsensical theories culled mindlessly from the internet.Thaksin like many politicians is self regarding and ruthless but the comparison is with other Thai power players.Of your ludicrous examples only Berlusconi warrants serious consideration - and in any event that example is rather stale having been in circulation at least a decade.

In any event Thaksin's state of mind is irrelevant to your original proposition namely that he is responsible for Thailand's current difficulties.As previously noted the witless proponents of this argument are oblivious to the complex patterns at work in Thailand.They could overcome their pitiful ignorance by some hard study and reading - but this of course they will never do.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wow, some Thaksin defenders on this thread. They sure know how to convolute sentences to arrive at their desired goal: to try and paint T as untarnished possible. A+ for good effort, but the effort behind trying to defend Thaksin is worthy of pity. It's like trying to put a sheepskin on a wolf and have him blend right in with the sheep. I challenge any Thaksin defender to cite any public utterance by Thaksin in the past 10 years, which wasn't a deception or outright lie. Try it. Here's another for extra credit: Cite any quote by Thaksin, where he's ever said he might have made a mistake or done something wrong.

nearly 12 hours, and not one has taken up either of the 2 challenges, above.

Note, T did say he might have made a mistake, once, that I know of. When it was found, early in his PM-ship that he had put tens of millions of baht in his chauffeur's and maid's phony accounts, he said, "it was an honest mistake." Of course, he was lying (and was said to avert a court conviction), so I don't know if that counts in re; to my 2 challenges.

nearly 12 hours, and not one has taken up either of the 2 challenges, above.

Did you seriously expect any answer to that, surprising isn't it, especially when you consider that the last 12 hours, taking in to account the time difference, are when most of the Khun T supporters here are awake.

There is only one true thing to come out of his mouth, ever.

"Thaksin thinks, PTP acts"

Oh, and, "this chicken is safe to eat if you cook it"

• Like 1

At the time of the 2006 coup, Thaksin was a caretaker PM, he had already announced that he would not seek the premiership of the next government, assuming the TRT won it which was likly. He would let some other TRT MP be the premier. and the military STILL launched the coup.

Whatever Thaksin does, the Thaksin obsessed crowd is going to insist that he is running things from behind the scenes-because he's a billionair and has a loyal following.

But when multiple billionairs support the democrats, nobody says abhisit is just a puppet of his financial backers..

The "Thaksin obsessed crow" can see things like:

and reach the obvious conclusion that he is the one dictating what PTP does, because, you know, he says so himself.

Chalerm himself insisted during the last election campaign that the party ran the campaign focusing on Thaksin, for as he said quite rightly, that was their selling point, at that time Yingluck was a complete unknown.

'If we don't focus on Thaksin and populist policies what do we have?' was his point.

Until Pheua Thai can produce leaders of charisma and vision they will continue to labour under the shadow of the Shinawats.

Mediocre politicians in search of a leader.

• Like 1

At the time of the 2006 coup, Thaksin was a caretaker PM, he had already announced that he would not seek the premiership of the next government, assuming the TRT won it which was likly. He would let some other TRT MP be the premier. and the military STILL launched the coup.

Whatever Thaksin does, the Thaksin obsessed crowd is going to insist that he is running things from behind the scenes-because he's a billionair and has a loyal following.

But when multiple billionairs support the democrats, nobody says abhisit is just a puppet of his financial backers..

The "Thaksin obsessed crow" can see things like:

and reach the obvious conclusion that he is the one dictating what PTP does, because, you know, he says so himself.

Chalerm himself insisted during the last election campaign that the party ran the campaign focusing on Thaksin, for as he said quite rightly, that was their selling point, at that time Yingluck was a complete unknown.

'If we don't focus on Thaksin and populist policies what do we have?' was his point.

Until Pheua Thai can produce leaders of charisma and vision they will continue to labour under the shadow of the Shinawats.

Mediocre politicians in search of a leader.

Mediocre as they may be the parties associated with Thaksin retain the confidence of the Thai people having won the last few general elections.Most unbiased opinion recognises the PTP will probably also win the next one - if allowed to run.

So if this is mediocrity I'm sure honest members of the Democrat Party would like to know the formula.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There's another angle to consider which The Economist touches on in its latest issue.Let's assume that Yingluck is forced to step down and PTP then chooses a leader ( even a mediocre one) with no connection to the Shinawatra family.That's a victory for the PDRC isn't it? But what happens if the PTP them wins a general election? That would have the effect of boosting its power and legitimacy, the precise opposite of what the PDRC want.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

"The Bank of Thailand also confirmed that prior to transferring the land to Pojaman, the Bank had been in contact with the National Counter Corruption Committee (NCCC), and that the NCCC had replied that as Thaksin Shinawatra did not directly supervise the Financial Institutions Development Fund (FIDF), who were the official seller, then there would be no problem with the NCCC Act Article 100." http://slimdogsworld...01_archive.html

Anyone claiming this case was conducted impartially is either unfamiliar with the facts or has been brainwashed by the yellow lies.

Most of us DO research before we post but thank for the insinuation that I have been brainwashed by the yellow lies so that I now know and understand that anything from the PTP and Thaksin is the whole and only truth in Thailand. I feel SO much better after being shown the error of my ways.

Of course it you had asked MY opinion I would have told yopu that most of your posts are little more than verbal diarreah but of course that is just my personal opinion.

Have you even bothered to read the link provided or are you just dismissing it out of hand because it doesn't fit in with your belief system - which is a subtle way of saying that you have been "brainwashed by the yellow lies" if you still maintain that this was a non controversial conviction?

f

ab4 post # 146

Have you even bothered to read the link provided or are you just dismissing it out of hand because it doesn't fit in with your belief system - which is a subtle way of saying that you have been "brainwashed by the yellow lies" if you still maintain that this was a non controversial conviction?

Indeed it is amusing to read the comments of those members of the congregation who sit drooling in their pews in the Temple of Shinwatra and the Red Shirts eagerly listening to and lapping up the ranting rhetoric of the P.T.P. socially, morally and political malcontents .

Indeed fab4 rest of his ilk post about everything as soon as they know about it, which is very often before it happenswhistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

• Like 2

While you are carping on about this terrible injustice that poor Thaksin faced, can you explain to us how it is possible that Thaksin held the power to fire the head of the FIDF, and yet according to you was not a direct supervisor.

No, of course you can't.

• Like 1

All the crocodile tears we see pouring from the Shinwatra clan are indeed a wonderful cloudburst of Shinwatra deceit.

If that cloudburst of Shinwatra deceit was saline we would be able to establish a new ocean of salt water to rival nay oppose both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans

f

ab4 post # 146

Indeed it is amusing to read the comments of those members of the congregation who sit drooling in their pews in the Temple of Shinwatra and the Red Shirts eagerly listening to and lapping up the ranting rhetoric of the P.T.P. socially, morally and political malcontents .

Indeed fab4 rest of his ilk post about everything as soon as they know about it, which is very often before it happenswhistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

It's normal for most posters to post on all topics. Just an observation when do Fab and his ilk do this, near never, as they are on TVF just to counter any anti government comments.

This to me is not normal, and not friendly. We all post on here and make friends across the board, and generally enjoy. This unfriendly dozen or so seem to have other ideas.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1