Thai politics: Lese majeste 'monitor' vows to arm his group

webfact

Bring back the dark days of the '70s with the Red Gaur thugs went after and hunt down the perceived anti monarchists. Really show educated people are not necessary intelligent people.

It's because there's a lot of brainwashing in Thai schools.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another PDRC nutter who wants an excuse to have an army.

Not only is there absolutely no mention of the PDRC involvement, but Dr. Bruce also completely ignores the Yingluck and Chalerm Lese Majeste War Room that exceeds the actions of OP article.

Edited by semester

What the hell was that story all about?

It seemed to be about Thailand having way more generals than any other rank.

Sounds like, would like to know how many more generals there are compared to the other ranks. Australia has around 22.

I forget the exact number (I read it somewhere before), but all Thailand combined military is something like one fourth the size of the US Army, but has 3 times more Generals than the entire US Military, all branches combined.

So as the Lese majeste 'monitor' I presume as well as being a doctor he has also been appointed to investigate and prosecute for Lese majeste offenses.

The real "monitoring" is conducted by the government's aforementioned LM War Room.

Not only is there absolutely no mention of the PDRC involvement, but Dr. Bruce also completely ignores the Yingluck and Chalerm Lese Majeste War Room that exceeds the actions of OP article.

Um one is the head of the caretaker Govt, one is the head of CAPO (regardless of capability etc) and the other is a jonny nobody off the street! A slight difference no? This guy has no more right than me or you to arm ourselves with war weapons and walk around policing things! something we would both be arrested instantly for!!

Um one is the head of the caretaker Govt, one is the head of CAPO (regardless of capability etc) and the other is a jonny nobody off the street! A slight difference no? This guy has no more right than me or you to arm ourselves with war weapons and walk around policing things! something we would both be arrested instantly for!!

Depends on what they are calling "war weapons" as it doesn't match the rest of the description of arming themselves with personal protection weapons in their workplaces.

Handguns aren't illegal, but if he is talking about bazookas, then, yes, that would be illegal.

I mentioned the LM War Room as it has much more capability for curtailment than a private citizen and his small group.

Read a much more detailed article on this guy in Bangkok Post yesterday. Talked about investigating lese majeste offences by people and teenagers with 'bad thoughts' with the aid of ex-soldiers and police, who have the national interest at heart [not the exact words but that was the gist of it]. Couple of references in article about how a similar atmosphere to the one he is promoting was operating around the time of the 1976 [?] university massacre. Scary, dangerous, right wing lunatic was the lasting impression I got from reading it.

If your impression is correct, it is the last thing Thailand needs. A loose cannon like that could be the spark that ignites the conflict, which so far at least, the main protagonists have held back from.

Translation. PDRC nutter is anyone who thinks differently than Dr. Bruce (or the PTP or the UDD or red shirts in general?). Where is the connection to the PDRC? Nothing direct. I will grant that he is Thai, so connected in that fashion. I'm living in Thailand, so that makes me connected to the PDRC?

Read a much more detailed article on this guy in Bangkok Post yesterday. Talked about investigating lese majeste offences by people and teenagers with 'bad thoughts' with the aid of ex-soldiers and police, who have the national interest at heart [not the exact words but that was the gist of it]. Couple of references in article about how a similar atmosphere to the one he is promoting was operating around the time of the 1976 [?] university massacre. Scary, dangerous, right wing lunatic was the lasting impression I got from reading it.

If your impression is correct, it is the last thing Thailand needs. A loose cannon like that could be the spark that ignites the conflict, which so far at least, the main protagonists have held back from.

What he was saying put me on edge. He is definitely on the fringes of the extreme right, don't know how much influence he has though.

Edited by Bluespunk

What the hell was that story all about?

It seemed to be about Thailand having way more generals than any other rank.

Sounds like, would like to know how many more generals there are compared to the other ranks. Australia has around 22.

I forget the exact number (I read it somewhere before), but all Thailand combined military is something like one fourth the size of the US Army, but has 3 times more Generals than the entire US Military, all branches combined.

Well somebody has to help keep the Golf Courses in business, and support the Mia Noi culture.giggle.gif

• Like 1

My ideas for the LM law, other than doing away with it, is to submit the complaint to H.M. Then, if HE finds it offensive or insulting, proceed with a case against the accused. If HE doesn't, then file charges against the one who file the complaint, minimum 2 years IN JAIL, no royal pardon, no suspended sentences. That would stop about 99% of these cases even being filed in the first place.

Is he connected to the pdrc? Didn't see that in either article.

He's just a supporter and I think a lot of PDRC supporters share his views. I don't think he's involved in the PDRC administration, though.

There is a point in the Op that has not been commented on so far. That is the closure of the opponent's Face Book page. If the opponent had broken FB's rules, it is right for their page to be closed, but as we know FB are not pro-active in this regard. So what we have is, in effect, a form of orchestrated censorship. I think we can expect more of that from this group.

No, he supports PDRC, but he is in fact a ( and i use this word carefully ) fascist and a dangerous fanatic who wants a witch hunt to hunt down anybody remotely regarded as anti-monarchy. It would include denunciation,a "citizens arrest", and in all probability they would mete out punishment themselves. One can't help but be reminded of the Jewish situation in Nazi Germany which is why i used the term fascist.

Quote: A retired military doctor holding the rank of the major general, he pleaded with the national police chief not to take legal action against members of the group, saying they would be armed with war weapons only in self defence and on their premises.

I always knew it, the retired people are the most dangerous (also in this forum) . Too serious with everything, cant laugh about them self, stubborn, frustrated, negative and conservative.

They are on a holy mission (war) to save the world.

This message contains satire - be careful

Tom

• Like 1

Quote: A retired military doctor holding the rank of the major general, he pleaded with the national police chief not to take legal action against members of the group, saying they would be armed with war weapons only in self defence and on their premises.

I always knew it, the retired people are the most dangerous (also in this forum) . Too serious with everything, cant laugh about them self, stubborn, frustrated, negative and conservative.

They are on a holy mission (war) to save the world.

This message contains satire - be careful

Tom

Great post tom

The only insult to Monarchy I see here is that this crazy people like director Rienthong Naenna dare to claim doing this in the name of the monarchy. These guys should be prosecuted for casting a bad light on Thailand's monarchy.

Indeed, I've often argued that the LM law is on itself an affront to that it purports to protect, specially because it allows venal, reactionaries (like the one in the OP) to wrap themselves in a mantle of perceived legitimacy to engage in the nastiest forms of political prosecution.

If they'd had a hint of a clue on how their actions reflect on the perception of the monarchy from an outside perspective they'd crawl under a rock and never come out again.

The only insult to Monarchy I see here is that this crazy people like director Rienthong Naenna dare to claim doing this in the name of the monarchy. These guys should be prosecuted for casting a bad light on Thailand's monarchy.

Indeed, I've often argued that the LM law is on itself an affront to that it purports to protect, specially because it allows venal, reactionaries (like the one in the OP) to wrap themselves in a mantle of perceived legitimacy to engage in the nastiest forms of political prosecution.

If they'd had a hint of a clue on how their actions reflect on the perception of the monarchy from an outside perspective they'd crawl under a rock and never come out again.

I see a lot of people making this kind of argument against the LM law. I'm not convinced it's a good one. While the recent abuses of LM may hurt the reputation of the monarchy worldwide, on the whole I believe that the existence of the LM law does protect the monarchy. Repealing the LM law wouldn't really benefit them. I cannot elaborate much on this for obvious reasons.

The LM law is not a bad law because of who it hurts or protects -- it is a bad law because it's a severe restriction on freedom of speech and goes against political accountability.

So as the Lese majeste 'monitor' I presume as well as being a doctor he has also been appointed to investigate and prosecute for Lese majeste offenses. Just about every department and committee in Thailand seems to have powers to investigate, arrest and prosecute except the police.

i was thinking 'monitor' lizard seems to be a more descriptive title for this loony

So as the Lese majeste 'monitor' I presume as well as being a doctor he has also been appointed to investigate and prosecute for Lese majeste offenses. Just about every department and committee in Thailand seems to have powers to investigate, arrest and prosecute except the police.

i was thinking 'monitor' lizard seems to be a more descriptive title for this loony

What would be a good descriptive title for Yingluck and Chalerm for their establishing their Lese Majeste War Room? Or for Yingluck declaring there will no change whatsoever to the LM Laws?

Foreigners should update their Plan B.

From the first day living hear i read in my passport that iam an non-immigrant. So it is for me clear this country will never be my new home, married, retired or not.

And with the outlook in this country iam happy i never bought anything expensive here.

just my opinion.

Some supporters of the government on this forum assure that PTP will win the next elections, so nothing to worry about....right?

Not sure how you define "home". Personally, if I wasn't that emotionally/economically invested in Thailand, I wouldn't care all that much. After all, there are other places one could live in. Not meaning this in the "if you don't like it, leave" sense - just wondering.

There are nutters like this guy in almost every country I can think of. Most of them talk, fewer are a real threat.

Think I'll wait with pressing the panic button.