Olive Oil in 5 liter canisters

rebo

After my last disappointing experience (Colavita extra virgin) bah.gif I would like to attempt to ask the gourmet group amongst you:
What is in your opinion the most delicious cold pressed native olive oil available in 5 liter cans in CNX, and where to buy it?
Thanks a lot in advance ...

Robo brand used to be available at Makro in 5 liter containers but it's gone. You might want to go to Buonissimo and ask Sergio, the owner, what he recommends. They usually have a pretty wide selection of olive oils. They're located on a soi off the Changklan Road. If you head south on the Chang Klan road you will see a taiwando sign jutting out. Turn left there and Buonissimo is in a large warehouse about 100 meters down the soi on the left hand side. You can also send them an inquiry from their website.

Robo brand used to be available at Makro in 5 liter containers but it's gone. You might want to go to Buonissimo and ask Sergio, the owner, what he recommends. They usually have a pretty wide selection of olive oils. They're located on a soi off the Changklan Road. If you head south on the Chang Klan road you will see a taiwando sign jutting out. Turn left there and Buonissimo is in a large warehouse about 100 meters down the soi on the left hand side. You can also send them an inquiry from their website.

Robo is now sold as Sinfonia Golosa - Olio di Sanasa - green 5L plastic with yellow top and carry handle. Sold at Makro in the imported foods section. Robo appears in small print as "distributor".

Extra Virgin and regular ... fankly I enjoy the stronger flavour of regular.

Robo is now sold as Sinfonia Golosa - Olio di Sanasa - green 5L plastic with yellow top and carry handle. Sold at Makro in the imported foods section. Robo appears in small print as "distributor".

Sabroso is in fact not bad. But now I'll try Sinfonia Golosa, maybe a smaller packing unit first. Thanks, KR.

Robo is distributing Sinfonia Golosa but it's not the same as the Robo Olive Oil. The extra virgin is too bitter for my taste.. I haven't tried their Olio de Sansa but that is the lowest grade of olive oil. Here's what I was able to find in English about it:

"Olio di sansa e di oliva is the lowest grade oil. The sansa says it all. It is the dregs of the olive oil industry – the dry residue that is dumped in a smelly, fermenting heap outside the olive mill. The sansa is carted off to a factory where the small amount of remaining oil is extracted with solvents and treated with chemicals to convert it to “barely edible”. The olio di sansa is blended with some olio di oliva and sold as the cheapest grade on the bottom shelf of the supermarket."
"While the experts argue about whether or not it should be banned for human consumption, our advice is to leave it alone.
Outside Italy the sansa on the label is often changed to “pomace”, which means nothing in English either. If consumers realised it is really oil from mill waste, sales would probably collapse. "
  • Like 1

Cold presed macadonia nut oil is about 5 times better than the best oliveoil has much more antitoxicants and is good for your health especialy if your diabetic It is quite expencive and I never herd of it sold in large qtys . google it .

Still quite rare in thailand but aavailable in Chiang Mai @1000Bat per Lt. Contact me if you need more info

Cold presed macadonia nut oil is about 5 times better than the best oliveoil has much more antitoxicants and is good for your health especialy if your diabetic It is quite expencive and I never herd of it sold in large qtys . google it .

Still quite rare in thailand but aavailable in Chiang Mai @1000Bat per Lt. Contact me if you need more info

You mean it tastes 5 times as good? Because I've never been that impressed with the flavor of macadamia nuts.

Robo is distributing Sinfonia Golosa but it's not the same as the Robo Olive Oil. The extra virgin is too bitter for my taste.. I haven't tried their Olio de Sansa but that is the lowest grade of olive oil. Here's what I was able to find in English about it:

"Olio di sansa e di oliva is the lowest grade oil. The sansa says it all. It is the dregs of the olive oil industry – the dry residue that is dumped in a smelly, fermenting heap outside the olive mill. The sansa is carted off to a factory where the small amount of remaining oil is extracted with solvents and treated with chemicals to convert it to “barely edible”. The olio di sansa is blended with some olio di oliva and sold as the cheapest grade on the bottom shelf of the supermarket."
"While the experts argue about whether or not it should be banned for human consumption, our advice is to leave it alone.
Outside Italy the sansa on the label is often changed to “pomace”, which means nothing in English either. If consumers realised it is really oil from mill waste, sales would probably collapse. "

For pomace olive oil [if that is the case] it's bloody good on my salad :) but I may re-stock with with EV next time. Palm oil just doesn't cut it .. ;);)

• 4 months later...