Daily News, Administrative Court attacked with M 79 grenades

webfact

A far cry of the Rambo stuff where a whole village goes up in flames from a single grenade. Probably the metal pellet type: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40mm_grenade#M79 , which means it's designed to shred people into pieces. Fired into an empty alley, this is just scare tactics. For now.

So designed to intimidate the way it was used - I suppose that if someone did get hurt or killed then I would only be an accident and aright?

I think they'd be called "collateral damage". If and when they start firing the high explosive stuff, they mean serious business and if that time the army does not intervene, it's not doing it's job preventing insurgency.

"Abbot Luang Poo Buddha-issara also inspected the scene last night with the Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) officers to collect evidence."

I sure hope the monk's evidence gathering techniques are better than the Army or Police.

I'm curious........where do they get all these M79 grenades?..........Did they fall off the back of a truck?

Probably Russia ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When the NSPRT march was attacked on the 1st of April the Red Shirt DJ, Yim Tasawan, who announced it before hand said that Ko Tee and his men "had kanom (sweets, meaning bullets/grenades) from the border" to give to the anti-government protestors, so presumably they are getting their weapons and/or ammunition from neighboring countries.

• Like 1

Anyone who implies or claims that Suthep and his thugs are any less corrupt than the Shinawatras and the reds is plainly misinformed and intellectually myopic. Perhaps they are mentally challenged or suffering from inbred tendencies? I don't know.

The total cash in the rice scheme failure is less than ten percent of the subsidy, the subsidy being paid to private schools to fund private education. Every year. Every government since forever won't touch that slam dunk corruption, since it pays both sides.

You want to get sick? Read between the lines. The tax payers pay for middle and upper income bracket kids to go to private school at a seventy percent subsidy for as base rate of 14.5K -- the overage is parent abuse and icing on the feces cake. The fee totals are more than a yearly Chula education, and that's for primary school...primary school.

When you can wrap your punter driven rugby rules political commentating little minds around that, drop me a letter. Until then, go flush yourselves down the toilet, termagants.

Have a bad day.

Anyone who implies or claims that Suthep and his thugs are any less corrupt than the Shinawatras and the reds is plainly misinformed and intellectually myopic. Perhaps they are mentally challenged or suffering from inbred tendencies? I don't know.

The total cash in the rice scheme failure is less than ten percent of the subsidy, the subsidy being paid to private schools to fund private education. Every year. Every government since forever won't touch that slam dunk corruption, since it pays both sides.

You want to get sick? Read between the lines. The tax payers pay for middle and upper income bracket kids to go to private school at a seventy percent subsidy for as base rate of 14.5K -- the overage is parent abuse and icing on the feces cake. The fee totals are more than a yearly Chula education, and that's for primary school...primary school.

When you can wrap your punter driven rugby rules political commentating little minds around that, drop me a letter. Until then, go flush yourselves down the toilet, termagants.

Have a bad day.

You can prove all of this of course.

Even if you could, since the majority of people in this country who do actually pay income tax are middle income earners why shouldn't a large part of it benefit them and their family.

Have a bad day.

Even if you could, since the majority of people in this country who do actually pay income tax are middle income earners why shouldn't a large part of it benefit them and their family.

You're aware of VAT I take it? That's not an income specific tax is it? Where do you think that goes?

Have a bad day.

You're aware of VAT I take it? That's not an income specific tax is it? Where do you think that goes?

I already explained this off-topic rant about private school subsidies in another thread. Basically the amount of subsidy for private schools is roughly equivalent to the subsidy for every student in public schools with the parents responsible for the balance whatever it may be. ,,, And yes everyone pays VAT but would you not agree that middle income families consume more of and more expensive items than a low income family? ...Plus a middle income family is likely to pay more income tax than a low income family, correct? So with everything else being equal why shouldn't the gov't subsidize at the same Rate? They would have to if those students went to public schools plus more schools/classrooms would have to be built since public schools are over crowded with many schools getting many times as many applicants as there is room for them.

Now let's look at his math. He claims that these subsidies {which are not the amounts he believes, see above!} are 10 times the amount of rice scheme losses. "The total cash in the rice scheme failure is less than ten percent of the subsidy, the subsidy being paid to private schools to fund private education." So depending on what is the loss: 700 billion or 200 billion- Anything lower that 200 billion is being in denial. So his claim is that 2 to 7 trillion baht is paid out per year in subsidies to private schools. The entire education budget is only 500 billion. Busted and since one definition of "termagant" is "a scolding bully" maybe you should look to yourself when spewing out lines of insults.

fab4, on 26 Apr 2014 - 10:41, said:

Oh good grief, have you no shame? You don''t even acknowledge you have been wrong all this time. Pointless talking to you.

"Oh, Good Grief, have you no shame?" One minute you vehemently complain of the prejudicial nature of Nation articles and the next you try to use a short 75 word news item as proof of the "truth". Where are the "rogue soldiers" ? Have they been arrested? Is there anything further on this? Have the "insiders" been tried, convicted and incarcerated? You constantly demonize the military but try to use this allegation by Anupong as some sort of proof that Red shirts are not involved in violence or that it is not possible they have these war weapons. Yesterday you complained about someone dragging something up from four years ago to prove a point then you were sandbagged when recent information and events buttressed their point. You now are trying to use a four year old allegation of rogue soldiers with no follow-up. You were pathetic yesterday and you're pathetic today. You and your 'boiler-room' buddies need to give up.

"You don''t even acknowledge you have been wrong all this time. Pointless talking to you."

Have a bad day.

I have no idea, do you?

I can tell you where it doesn't go though.

It doesn't go to help the poor people who can't avoid paying it.

That was kind of my point - it goes to the government. The poor people are helping subsidise the private schools despite your "daily mail" mindset saying the middle class are the majority of the people paying tax "so why shouldn't a large part of it benefit them and their family".

Well now you know why not.

That was kind of my point - it goes to the government. The poor people are helping subsidise the private schools despite your "daily mail" mindset saying the middle class are the majority of the people paying tax "so why shouldn't a large part of it benefit them and their family".

Well now you know why not.

Dodgy logic as usual.

How much of the 7% VAT that everyone pays helps to fund the Thai educational system (if you can call it an educational system) ..... do you know? ..... I certainly don't, but I suspect that it is far less than where the income tax of middle earners is directed.

P.S. I wouldn't use the Daily Mail in the toilet, let alone have it anywhere in the house.