Yingluck has yet to decide whether or not she would testify on Thawil case by herself

webfact

This is the leader of a country that has aspirations for nuclear power. Does she even understand the symbolism of her earrings?

Probably thinks they are Yves Saint Laurent logo.

She's not real bright.

I give this a like but wasn't enough..................clap2.gifcheesy.gifthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

Yingluck was elected by tens of millions of Thais to serve as PM. She owes those supporters her testimony regardless of what the Court will make of it. She needs to answer to the People and use the Court as a public opportunity to speak to the People. She shouldn't consider the effect of her testimony on the Court. If the Court has already reached a decision of innocence or guilt, it won't change one way or the other with her testimony. But Court's decision for a guilty finding will have greater transparency with her testimony.

I despair at the level of comments on ThaiVisa - anti-Thaksin, Anti-YingLuck, anti-women, derogatory and not very clearly thought out. This lady was elected (spare me the old arguments which somehow disagree with this FACT) by the majority of Thais - she is still the PM of this Kingdom (like it or lump it).

Plus she's being "tried" by a Court basically of retired Military men about an issue of her "moving"one of them from a post they occupied (and were appointed to). Given what has been happening during this latest ant-Democratic campaign by the so called Democrats (the Yellows) - where a bunch of folk who can't get elected at the ballot box are trying to unseat a Government elected by a popular vote - using disruptive tactics which have made the economy suffer - it is quite clear that a number of people responsible for security have not been doing their job and need to be moved. What?? you think it is normal for Military men to be Immune from control by an Elected Government. Or are you going to argue after demanding elections and then boycotting them and blockading them - having a Court rule that the election was invalid because of the boycott somehow makes the YingLuck Government totally "illegal". (A real boost for mob rule)

Come lets try and lift the debate a little bit. Spare me the normal troll activities where you only resort to insults. I'm a realist I've been living here since the 2006 coup - watched the army realise that in the modern world being a Military Government in SE Asia isn't easy. They stacked the deck and then handed it back to civilian rule since then Thaksin or a relative or a Proxy has won every single election - when are you going to wake up to the fact that what he represents (whatever that is for the majority of Thais) is the favoured choice around here. Welcome to the land of Smiles where the people (all armed with cell phones and access to the internet) have decided they no longer need to be ruled by an economic elite comprising many retire military men in Bangkok.

I despair at the level of comments on ThaiVisa - anti-Thaksin, Anti-YingLuck, anti-women, derogatory and not very clearly thought out. This lady was elected (spare me the old arguments which somehow disagree with this FACT) by the majority of Thais - she is still the PM of this Kingdom (like it or lump it).

Plus she's being "tried" by a Court basically of retired Military men about an issue of her "moving"one of them from a post they occupied (and were appointed to). Given what has been happening during this latest ant-Democratic campaign by the so called Democrats (the Yellows) - where a bunch of folk who can't get elected at the ballot box are trying to unseat a Government elected by a popular vote - using disruptive tactics which have made the economy suffer - it is quite clear that a number of people responsible for security have not been doing their job and need to be moved. What?? you think it is normal for Military men to be Immune from control by an Elected Government. Or are you going to argue after demanding elections and then boycotting them and blockading them - having a Court rule that the election was invalid because of the boycott somehow makes the YingLuck Government totally "illegal". (A real boost for mob rule)

Come lets try and lift the debate a little bit. Spare me the normal troll activities where you only resort to insults. I'm a realist I've been living here since the 2006 coup - watched the army realise that in the modern world being a Military Government in SE Asia isn't easy. They stacked the deck and then handed it back to civilian rule since then Thaksin or a relative or a Proxy has won every single election - when are you going to wake up to the fact that what he represents (whatever that is for the majority of Thais) is the favoured choice around here. Welcome to the land of Smiles where the people (all armed with cell phones and access to the internet) have decided they no longer need to be ruled by an economic elite comprising many retire military men in Bangkok.

You can type the word "fact" in capitals if you wish (have you ever read the THF rules?). However that does not make the untruth that you write true or a fact either.

Yingluck was not elected by a majority of Thais, or a majority of eligible voters, or even a majority of votes cast. Her party, PTP, made her number 1 on their party list. PTP received the largest minority and so formed a government in coalition with other parties. The MP's then elected Yingluck PM. She subsequently appointed herself to the Defense Minister role as well. She is not still the PM as she dissolved parliament. She is the caretaker PM and DM.

She acted illegally in moving people around to create the opportunity to put a member of the family into the top police job. Regardless of what you, I or anyone else thinks about it, it was incorrect according to the rules in Thailand and has been reversed. Now the decision has to be made if she did it out of stupidity, carelessly, made an "honest mistake' (family trait) or knowingly did it to reward a family member and put them in a key position where they might benefit the family.

Unfortunately neither the Thaksin mafia or the old feudal rich families are likely to run Thailand democratically, transparently or for the benefit of the masses. The Shin clan may be new money relatively speaking, but are certainly elite, extremely wealthy and have increased their personal wealth by gigantic proportions since PTP assumed office

• Like 2

You can type the word "fact" in capitals if you wish (have you ever read the THF rules?). However that does not make the untruth that you write true or a fact either.

Yingluck was not elected by a majority of Thais, or a majority of eligible voters, or even a majority of votes cast. Her party, PTP, made her number 1 on their party list. PTP received the largest minority and so formed a government in coalition with other parties. The MP's then elected Yingluck PM. She subsequently appointed herself to the Defense Minister role as well. She is not still the PM as she dissolved parliament. She is the caretaker PM and DM.

She acted illegally in moving people around to create the opportunity to put a member of the family into the top police job. Regardless of what you, I or anyone else thinks about it, it was incorrect according to the rules in Thailand and has been reversed. Now the decision has to be made if she did it out of stupidity, carelessly, made an "honest mistake' (family trait) or knowingly did it to reward a family member and put them in a key position where they might benefit the family.

Unfortunately neither the Thaksin mafia or the old feudal rich families are likely to run Thailand democratically, transparently or for the benefit of the masses. The Shin clan may be new money relatively speaking, but are certainly elite, extremely wealthy and have increased their personal wealth by gigantic proportions since PTP assumed office

One caveat, the reshuffling to get Priewapan Demapong in the Chief of Police chair most probably had nothing to do with Yingluck, if it wasn't Priewapan's sister, Madam 30%, who arranged that I'll eat my hat.