Waiting for the clampdown

Paagai

Great to still be young and able to converse easily with the locals, because their are a plethora of places to party, drink, and dance with the wonderful girls of CM until 5-6am.

Sadly, with much gratitude from my liver, I am no longer single. But I only have a few more years in me before I would start feeling a little creepy in some of these places, and I am content as is.

re

Even has a picture of the old Paradise Bar at The peak for Dave2

wow thanks for that :) nice to see youve stil with the rest of us degenerates in here even if we bat for different sides :)

re .. I heard they've moved to near Spicy behind the Jack Van Bar

nat as far as i know :( theres a new bike rental shop in there where spicy bollywood used to be but thats it :(

dave2

ps .. pic of doi suthep 30 minuts ago :)

Correct. Couple of new gay bars have recently opened up behind Jack Van Bar next door to Living Room bar.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

re

Quick, where is this place! I need to experience it before it's gone, the mythical Soi Cowboy of Chiang Mai!

it was called the peak just past foxy lady on the right until it burnt down in about 06 ?

a hotch potch of about 50 ? bars

gay trannies and straight all mixed together and i had a few wild nights and a lot of fun in there when i first got here smile.png

dave2

ps ... the whole area is now a 20 baht an hour dirt car park smile.png

Burnt down January 1 2008. About 5 am in the morning. Happy New Years. Had some good times there. BTW Central owns the property. Should of said the climbing wall only burnt down the bar complex was basically untouched the area was on the down side before the fire and the fire to the wall did not help. Central and the leassor of the land ( owner of the climbing wall) were in a court battle guess who won. Eviction notices were put up around September and if memoriy serve me right in December "the turn out the lights party" was held at the The Paradise Bar which relocated and is still ongoing on Loi Khro. The Paradise Bar was the last venue at the The Peak.

I don't think that's a strictly correct version of events. It sounds like your painting Central as the big bad company and the owner of The Peak as the injured party when in fact I believe he stopped paying rent, which is why Central wanted him out (and why they got him out, not because they are an evil corporate bully). All the bars that sublet took Central to court because they'd invested money in the place and wanted somebody to bail them out. That case ran for several years so the land was left unused. The owner of the Peak meanwhile, made a phoenix-like recovery and won some businessman of the year award not so long ago, so I think you may be looking in the wrong direction if you are wishing to apportion blame.

That's all alleged of course.

Edited by inthepink

re

Correct. Couple of new gay bars have recently opened up behind Jack Van Bar next door to Living Room bar.

yeeeeaaa our friend paagai was right :)

thanks for the info ill pop past one day when i go to see

the ginger cat like this that lives in the opticians :)

she loves to be played with but then just bites you when shes had enough :(

dave2

post-42592-0-66596300-1398747119_thumb.j

re

Quick, where is this place! I need to experience it before it's gone, the mythical Soi Cowboy of Chiang Mai!

it was called the peak just past foxy lady on the right until it burnt down in about 06 ?

gay trannies and straight all mixed together and i had a few wild nights and a lot of fun in there when i first got here smile.png

dave2

Burnt down January 1 2008. About 5 am in the morning. Happy New Years. Had some good times there. BTW Central owns the property. Should of said the climbing wall only burnt down the bar complex was basically untouched the area was on the down side before the fire and the fire to the wall did not help. Central and the leassor of the land ( owner of the climbing wall) were in a court battle guess who won. Eviction notices were put up around September and if memoriy serve me right in December "the turn out the lights party" was held at the The Paradise Bar which relocated and is still ongoing on Loi Khro. The Paradise Bar was the last venue at the The Peak.

I don't think that's a strictly correct version of events. It sounds like your painting Central as the big bad company and the owner of The Peak as the injured party when in fact I believe he stopped paying rent, which is why Central wanted him out (and why they got him out, not because they are an evil corporate bully). All the bars that sublet took Central to court because they'd invested money in the place and wanted somebody to bail them out. That case ran for several years so the land was left unused. The owner of the Peak meanwhile, made a phoenix-like recovery and won some businessman of the year award not so long ago, so I think you may be looking in the wrong direction if you are wishing to apportion blame.

I'm not but your comments against the post are 100% off.

re

dave2

I'm not but your comments against the post are 100% off.

I think you'll find they are not. Are you claiming that there were no rent arrears?

And I think you were trying to insinuate that Central won purely because of their influence and size, hence your use of the phrase, "guess who won".

Edited by inthepink

Sounds to me that you may have been on the short end of the stick. If so sorry about that. A few people that could least afford to lost money in that area because of legal actions. Central won and the rest is history. The area on both sides of Soi 1 is a site for a horror movie set.