Warning of danger from more heavy rain storms at weekend: Thai Meteorological Dept.

webfact

Warning of danger from more heavy rain storms at weekend

south-rain-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Torrential rains, hails and destructive winds are expected at all regions of the country except the South from Saturday until Tuesday, the Meteorological Department warned Friday.

It urged people to prepare for the rains, winds, and hails as a high pressure mass over central China is moving down and expect to blanket the Northeast of Thailand by Saturday and later could extend to the North, Central and East regions.

Impact from the high pressure will continue until Tuesday.

It will cause intense storms and possibly hail, beginning in the Northeast Saturday.

Earlier on Thursday, torrential rainstorm hit two districts, Bang Pahan and Nakhon Luang, of Ayutthaya province causing damage to houses, roadside small shops, billboards, trees and more than 50 power poles.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/warning-danger-heavy-rain-storms-weekend/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-25

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And please lots of rain for Pattaya, it always needs a proper clean up. giggle.gif

Would be welcomed, yes. The Papaya trees in my garden are drying up.

No sign of the storms they promised last time, just a few small thunderstorms usual for this time of the year.

And please lots of rain for Pattaya, it always needs a proper clean up. giggle.gif

No sign of the storms they promised last time, just a few small thunderstorms usual for this time of the year.

I hope you are not waiting for the rain to provide water for your papaya trees. I hope you water them daily during this dry season. Or are you just laying around watching them wither and die?

a GOOD hosepipe costs sod all.... as does a water bill. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The rain in the picture looks great! hope it comes to chiang mai as its too hot now!!!!

It'll be nice, but not great when sand, dusts and things starts flying around.

I'll wash the car. Works every time. but it sure is dry in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

You can guarantee that whatever the news topic here, some old, grey. wrinkled whiners will be blaming the Thaksin/Redshirt faction-'gummint'. So whiners, you think they are oustandingly corrupt/incompetent/violent? Really? As compared to whom? You regard Obama, Cameron, Merkel & Hollande as paragons of honesty, virtue & pacifism? If so, <deleted> are you doing here?

• Like 1

The rain in the picture looks great! hope it comes to chiang mai as its too hot now!!!!

That's funny, yesterday we got warnings of severe drought, now it's heavy rainstorms. is it not make your mind up time?

• Like 2

I hope you are not waiting for the rain to provide water for your papaya trees. I hope you water them daily during this dry season. Or are you just laying around watching them wither and die?

They're watered, but that water is metered. Rain is free. And this time of the year daily is not enough, it's three times or a drip irrigation system.

Hopefully HH will get some rain for the first time in 3 months or however long it has been, those clouds still loom in the afternoon but do nothing apart from threaten. I love lightning, thunder and stroms in general, the sheer energy of them is enthralling and I for one will welcome a huge storm over the entire weekend - that is if it reaches this far though, one can only hope. Soooooo RAIN DANCE TIME biggrin.png

• Like 1

Cannot believe how many people are welcoming this news - even moderate storms always mean POWER CUTS to overhead lines !!!

yes but only in Thailand......And even here the lines can stand most of the storms

EGAT (is it called that way) is super fast in repairing the lines and they usually look much better afterwards. A few hours without electric isn't the end of the time

You can guarantee that whatever the news topic here, some old, grey. wrinkled whiners will be blaming the Thaksin/Redshirt faction-'gummint'. So whiners, you think they are oustandingly corrupt/incompetent/violent? Really? As compared to whom? You regard Obama, Cameron, Merkel & Hollande as paragons of honesty, virtue & pacifism? If so, <deleted> are you doing here?

Oh boy, Tommy's in one of his moods again.

Get the wife, kids and dog off to the mother-in-laws or they will be all bruised up again by morning.

And I sure am glad to hear a good low pressure system is heading this way. The trees could use it.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

Cannot believe how many people are welcoming this news - even moderate storms always mean POWER CUTS to overhead lines !!!

yes but only in Thailand......And even here the lines can stand most of the storms

EGAT (is it called that way) is super fast in repairing the lines and they usually look much better afterwards. A few hours without electric isn't the end of the time

Exactly, I am willing to spend a few hours in the darkness for a weekend of cooler weather and rain. If the power cuts simply lay out on the cool tiled floor or his the shower, read a book, actually talk to someone...

I must admit, EGAT are very good and always on the job quick time, I remember I was eating out once and the power went. Within 10 minutes they pulled up and it was still raining and there was still lighting going on. One of the repairmen went up in a cherry picker whilst all of this was still going on, the lightning, rain etc.

Edited by Tom420
  • Like 1

It's called the rainy season coming... or 'monsoon' for the educated.

Blow me.... I guess it took a 3 year degree at Chula to report this?

You need that 3 year degree as monsoons come from the south, or specifically from the direction of India and later in the year from the typhoons that span in the pacific crushing the Philippines first.

• Like 1