Thailand aims at producing 3 million automobiles a year by 2017

webfact

people are getting there cars repossesed now must be for export.....the bubbles about to burst maybe hes trying to justify his job..

The Australian auto manufacturing industry will be complete shut down by then so probably about 15 - 20% will be exported there.

"The Thailand Automotive Institute is aiming to achieve a production target of 3 million vehicles annually by 2017, as set by the Industry Ministry."

The Thailand Automotive Institute is aiming to achieve nothing.

It's the Japanese motor giants that regulate the production of cars.

Without them and their investments, Thailand would be producing and regulating fresh air.

Everyone´s always talking about the Thai Auto industry, but such thing doesn´t exist. It´s ALL japanese! All parts, all licences, all knowledge is foreign!!! Cheap labour is the Thai contribution.

Yes I´m angry today smile.png

Edited by I knew this would happen

"The Thailand Automotive Institute is aiming to achieve a production target of 3 million vehicles annually by 2017, as set by the Industry Ministry."

Without them and their investments, Thailand would be producing and regulating fresh air.

Everyone´s always talking about the Thai Auto industry, but such thing doesn´t exist. It´s ALL japanese! Yes I´m angry today smile.png

This is a very myopic view...you need to look at company ownership etc before making such a comment.

however on a world wide scale the dominant brands are mostly Japanese. Any members from US, UK or Australia will be aware that home grown industries in these countries have nearly or completely failed....in UK the manufacturing industry is bigger than it ever was, but in private vehicles the numbers are Japanese...of course their is Ford and Vauxhall - both US brands.

In US Toyota vies with GM to be the biggest producer both there and in the world....and in Oz, both US brands have announced they are pulling out and they are followed LAST by the Japanese Toyota brand.

The motor industry is a multi-national concern, in evey country they go into they also require suppliers, retailers and other services too, and these are usually other "native" companies set up to do this - and to say any home industry belongs to another nation is basically incorrect......even though the brand name may suggest otherwise.

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

Goodbye ozone layer, hello global warming.

Components of vehicle exhaust gases are converted to ground-level ozone by UV light, and this type of ozone is a major source of open-air pollution which seriously damages the health of all those who breath it.

Dare I ask, do you own or use a vehicle?

That's scary, 3 million new cars on the roads in Asia being driven by people who have no idea about driving and safety.

The quote refers to cars produced - not sold in Asia.

The big auto manufacturers/assemblers in Australia are closing down, and many cars are being imported fully assembled from Thailand.

No doubt they'll have to meet international safety standards, as I doubt 1 air bag cars would be allowed into the country.

Half last year's output is currently working its way up Nimmanhaemian Rd this afternoon.

I drive a ranger Ford

Made in Thailand , little problems !

Exterior mirrors coming loose (no loctite or kroonrondel used), hose washer systems already broken at the pump (little slack on this line!) After 2 yaar already a new battery (one that you need to fill, I think there are many things disappear in a Thai car factory! And that the "brand" their overproduction of obsolete stock here "use up"

BUT , the governement off Thailand order that too the " NOT ASIA factorys or the import taks are muts higher !

Good exemple = A very good pick up = TATA from INDIA (Asie car and low price / good pick up ) only the "TATA " pick up I know !

people are getting there cars repossesed now must be for export.....the bubbles about to burst maybe hes trying to justify his job..

The Australian auto manufacturing industry will be complete shut down by then so probably about 15 - 20% will be exported there.

Call me delusional, but the national security of Australia requires that it maintain some capacity for vehicle manufacturing. In a world where shipping lanes could be closed should a crisis with China develop Australia cannot put itself at such risk.

Took the words out of my mouth,but they never say this.Like all other foreign companies here alot of Thais think they are Thai.

Obviously the Thai Automotive Institute provides incentives for companies to either expand current production here, or for other companies to relocate here. These agencies are prevalent in all governments worldwide, and do have the right and obligation to report their goals to the citizens of the counrty that they work for. Growth rarely happens in just a vacuum, but through inducements.

Seems to me the Thais have taken a page from the EU and US auto sector. People seem to forget that the governments of those countries have poured billions of $$ and Euros in tax incentives, grants, training benefits and infrastructure into helping their auto sector.

I'm trying to buy one now......a Honda and so far have been lied to by upstart sales people, abused and experienced attempted extortion so I have given up....

In 3 weeks nothing but frustration.....gonna buy a used car now!smile.png)

Try the bank repo's

research each bank online.

Pay cash.

Get the blue book when you do the deal at the LTR on the day of purchase!!

If you do not, back tickets and taxes are your puppy.

ฺีัิิิBuyer beware!

Edited by roguewo

Call me delusional, but the national security of Australia requires that it maintain some capacity for vehicle manufacturing. In a world where shipping lanes could be closed should a crisis with China develop Australia cannot put itself at such risk.

Ford are closed in 2016 and Holden and Toyota 2017 then that is it zilch, nothing not a single vehicle being produced in Australia and they will have to look to asia for their cars.

Ford are closed in 2016 and Holden and Toyota 2017 then that is it zilch, nothing not a single vehicle being produced in Australia and they will have to look to asia for their cars.

Actually not accurate. The 3 main brands are leaving Australia. This doesn't mean there isn't an industry. there are other vehicle and parts manufacturers in Australia and they won't all disappear.

Some are profitable on their own and others will have to find or follow the market.....the successful home companies are exporters and always have been, it remains to be seen how many of the parts manufacturers who supplied Holden/Ford/Toyota directly will mange to continue on a mainly export basis. If the vehicles are made elsewhere they may still be able to make for shipment or develop new lines.

I guess it's also possible that some other manufacturer may see Australia as a suitable place to ship to Asia from.....depending on the FTAs and tax relief offered.

Why dont they just concentrate on building the things they already build properly. Like a bathroom that doesnt flood everytime you have a shower!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't follow your logic here - Millions of people are driving Thai-built cars around the world...they are reliable etc etc.... in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the owners were completely unaware of where they were built.......but they certainly won't notice a lack of quality compared to vehicles manufactured elsewhere.

the Thai motor industry is not some tin-pot sideline that is likely to pack up at any minute - it's the 9th largest in the world....bigger than Spain France or the UK.

there have bee some highly inaccurate posts about Japanese manufacturers pulling out.....this is a gross misunderstanding of what they have said....in fact most intend to increase production, it just the rate of expansion that is in question and where, when or if new factories will be built.

most of the negative perceptions of the Thai motor industry it seems are far from being based on facts, but an inherently racist concept the "Thais" (stereotypical nomenclature!) are incompetent and inept and therefore incapable of running a motor industry.....when in fact the figures and overall picture would indicate quite the opposite

Edited by wilcopops

Why dont they just concentrate on building the things they already build properly. Like a bathroom that doesnt flood everytime you have a shower!

I don't follow your logic here - Millions of people are driving Thai-built cars around the world...they are reliable etc etc.... in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the owners were completely unaware of where they were built.......but they certainly won't notice a lack of quality compared to vehicles manufactured elsewhere.

the Thai motor industry is not some tin-pot sideline that is likely to pack up at any minute - it's the 9th largest in the world....bigger than Spain France or the UK.

there have bee some highly inaccurate posts about Japanese manufacturers pulling out.....this is a gross misunderstanding of what they have said....in fact most intend to increase production, it just the rate of expansion that is in question and where, when or if new factories will be built.

most of the negative perceptions of the Thai motor industry it seems are far from being based on facts, but an inherently racist concept the "Thais" (stereotypical nomenclature!) are incompetent and inept and therefore incapable of running a motor industry.....when in fact the figures and overall picture would indicate quite the opposite

Hi Wilcopops. Hairline trigger giving you trouble again?:P

The train of logic is simple - whether you accept it or not is another question. Basically, Im just having a whinge. Although it is hard to understand why a simple thing like a bathroom with surfaces that drain in the right direction seems to be universally impossible to find in this country.

As long as they dont use Thai tilers and builders to make the cars I guess we are all safe.

Its got nothing to do with racism and everything to do with attitude. Theirs and mine!

• Like 1

Hi Wilcopops. Hairline trigger giving you trouble again?tongue.png

The train of logic is simple - whether you accept it or not is another question. Basically, Im just having a whinge. Although it is hard to understand why a simple thing like a bathroom with surfaces that drain in the right direction seems to be universally impossible to find in this country.

As long as they dont use Thai tilers and builders to make the cars I guess we are all safe.

Its got nothing to do with racism and everything to do with attitude. Theirs and mine!

The truth is they are not, so you are just making a facile off topic comment; it would appear that you are just airing a prejudice ... could this stem from your own sense of inadequacy?

This kind of thinking a classic among expats whose vision of Thailand and Thai industry is clouded by their own prejudiced ignorance
Edited by wilcopops

Hi Wilcopops. Hairline trigger giving you trouble again?tongue.png

The truth is they are not, so you are just making a facile off topic comment; it would appear that you are just airing a prejudice ... could this stem from your own sense of inadequacy?

This kind of thinking a classic among expats whose vision of Thailand and Thai industry is clouded by their own prejudiced ignorance

Popsy.

Thanks I just won 5000 B betting I could get you to use an unprovoked personal attack in under 3 replies! You are anything but unpredictable mate! I think Im onto a winner!

Just knock that huge chip on your shoulder and wait!

But wait! Hold that reply until I get another taker!

• Like 1

Hey Wilco, my mate reckons you might have Premature Personal Interjection problems. You can get help with that you know.

Try to relax when you feel yourself getting excited - its more fun if you can make it last longer and you will retain their respect when its all over. Instead of disgracing yourself because you blew it again. So to speak.

That's scary, 3 million new cars on the roads in Asia being driven by people who have no idea about driving and safety.

and that my dear is why we need 3 million new cars. What are people going to drive once they've crashed their old one?

and that my dear is why we need 3 million new cars. What are people going to drive once they've crashed their old one?

2 posts I'd nominate for the "facile award" on this thread

not only do they ignore the true nature of the industry in Thailand the couple it to a stereotypical and derogatory view of Thai people as a whole.

Edited by wilcopops

Hey Wilco, my mate reckons you might have Premature Personal Interjection problems. You can get help with that you know.

Try to relax when you feel yourself getting excited - its more fun if you can make it last longer and you will retain their respect when its all over. Instead of disgracing yourself because you blew it again. So to speak.

If you have a problem with any point I made, why not put forward a counter argument? .....i suspect you don't have one.

Edited by wilcopops

If you have a problem with any point I made, why not put forward a counter argument? .....i suspect you don't have one.

Sending up your facile, juvenile habit of dropping in unwarranted and wildly inaccurate personal abuse at the drop of a hat (and using the racism card - how intellectually lazy and factually unsupported! And premature!) WAS the point.

Was it that hard to follow the logic?

Otherwise I suspect you'd drown in your own sense of self-importance.

At least you give the rest of us something mildly amusing to read as you stumble through your non-sequiturs! God bless you Wilcopops, you are a tool in a million.

Make that hot air .

lets all try and cross the road at a red light and see how awesome our thai/chinese thai & burmese (myanmarese?) brothers are?

some P.O.S chinese thai retard just tried to knock me off my bicycle at a zebra crossing as he pulled out of his 'MOO' bahn without indicating, looking OR slowing down...

If i had died would he have stopped?

In my extensive experience of local drivers the answer is a resounding

'arai/alai wa!'

when i shrugged it off and gave the guy a thumbs-up, he gave me the well-fed (fat c*nt) finger...

no doubt he'll spend the rest of his day/life hating farangs for ruining his road/s.