Report: Van Gaal agrees deal to become Manchester United manager

Lite Beer

Ithink they really want Mourinho,but he wont leave chelsea,Klopp has turned them down,as has ancelotti, i think the way they treated Moyes has affected these other potential managers,as has the quality of the squad,and bearing in mind uniteds financial position due to the Glazers,how much money will be available to attract new players,also no champions league next season,as we all know football teams go in cycles,united have had a very long period of dominance,that has now come to an end,at least Tim Sherwood may hang on at Spurs now,not everyones cup of tea i know but i think he has not done too badly.

Ithink they really want Mourinho,but he wont leave chelsea,Klopp has turned them down,as has ancelotti, i think the way they treated Moyes has affected these other potential managers,as has the quality of the squad,and bearing in mind uniteds financial position due to the Glazers,how much money will be available to attract new players,also no champions league next season,as we all know football teams go in cycles,united have had a very long period of dominance,that has now come to an end,at least Tim Sherwood may hang on at Spurs now,not everyones cup of tea i know but i think he has not done too badly.

Sherwood is meat.coffee1.gif

I don't see for one minute United wanting Mourinho. Certainly not his style of football, let alone the manner in which he conducts himself.

sherwood won't be staying at Spurs either, thats why he was put on a eighteen month contract.

Lastly i can't see how or why the sacking of Moyes will put off anyone. It was obvious to everyone bar a tiny isolated minority that it was a dreadful appointment from the start. Moyes simply had to go, but the damage caused during his tenure seems already quite major. Giggs looked more in control in his first press conference than any i saw from Moyes in eighteen months.

Regardless, as said, theres no need for United to make a rapid appointment. Fact is, whilst it was immensely enjoyable watching Dave take United to spectacular new lows, with the right appointment and a resources available United will be back to strength over the next couple of years and all the regulars United posters on here will return to post because they will be winning again.

• Like 1

giggs has spent his entire career at united, is respected by everyone there and has won oodles of trophies. david moyes has never won anything ever. i don't feel any sympathy for him whatsoever but it was a truly appalling appointment.

and agree with carmine, united won't go for mourinho. way he plays football, his public persona, his making every single issue all about him. not going to happen at united that.

still van gaal would be a weird appointment. he's reactionary, pretty insane and while he's won lots in his career isn't necessarily what you'd call a safe pair of hands. giggs with ferguson mentoring him would seem to make far more long-term sense.

• Like 2

giggs has spent his entire career at united, is respected by everyone there and has won oodles of trophies. david moyes has never won anything ever. i don't feel any sympathy for him whatsoever but it was a truly appalling appointment.

and agree with carmine, united won't go for mourinho. way he plays football, his public persona, his making every single issue all about him. not going to happen at united that.

still van gaal would be a weird appointment. he's reactionary, pretty insane and while he's won lots in his career isn't necessarily what you'd call a safe pair of hands. giggs with ferguson mentoring him would seem to make far more long-term sense.

In pretty much accord with some of that Stevie, but it looks like this is going to be a Glazer decision. Cue the biggest name out there.

One thing about van gaal is that there won't be any uncertainty about who is in charge. That is an issue that looks like it needs to be settled immediately at United. And not just about Moyes failure, but about so many of the "old guard" still hanging about. I'd say you give the chance to Giggs and embrace the old guard or completely clean house...including, to some degree, SAF. SAF has already proved that he's for shit at picking managers, and despite that he publicly backs Giggs while the Glazers are in the decision making process. I'd put that ornery old racehorse out to pasture if it was me.thumbsup.gif

In pretty much accord with some of that Stevie, but it looks like this is going to be a Glazer decision. Cue the biggest name out there.

One thing about van gaal is that there won't be any uncertainty about who is in charge. That is an issue that looks like it needs to be settled immediately at United. And not just about Moyes failure, but about so many of the "old guard" still hanging about. I'd say you give the chance to Giggs and embrace the old guard or completely clean house...including, to some degree, SAF. SAF has already proved that he's for shit at picking managers, and despite that he publicly backs Giggs while the Glazers are in the decision making process. I'd put that ornery old racehorse out to pasture if it was me.thumbsup.gif

I'd like SGE to get the job.

I'd like SGE to get the job.

Who's SGE?

I agree with most of the above - give Giggs & co a chance but without the SAF 'mentoring' which didn't seem to help Moyes. Unfortunately United are unlikely to put him out to pasture.

If they really have Van Gaal lined up it can only be because they want to gazump Spurs for one of the few managers available with a decent record (of experience). I hope it's not true.