Kids citizenship..

"...what is written next to his lads ID number. "

I just looked at two books. A 5 and a 3. Both listed as head of the respective book. Only one person in each book.

What does it say for someone who is not the head?

Maybe there should be a ban on trying to figure out what the numbers on ID cards mean. Or an asterisk with each post trying to figure out what numbers go with which groups of people.

It seems like every time this comes up, someone says positively that it's 'this meaning or that',. but then there are many posts disputing what was said.

* 5 = Non Thai or foreign born Thai?

• Like 1

Being in the book does not make 1 a Thai citizen. Look on the page your child is registered - on the top right corner his nationality is stated

I do not read Thai, unfortunately, I know I need to be beaten with a bamboo cane for such a crime....but so be it.

As mentioned in OP...this is a new house book, just got the other day for our shed, not even a house...cheesy.gif .....tis a shed book....though they were in a previous house book upcountry, I never got to see that one, was never an issue until now with this one.

But, regardless, the OP was an inquiry about what someone told us re him being on this blue book now....which, now seems incorrect.....so perhaps the Thai person that told us this, has not much idea about their own country....fancy that.

Thanks anyway LK

"Being in the book does not make 1 a Thai citizen. Look on the page your child is registered - on the top right corner his nationality is stated"

OP, get someone to read what it says to the right of your sons name in the book. Not really in the corner, but in that area.

I think the only time that it won't say 'Thai' is when it's a foreign parent of the child.

"....so perhaps the Thai person that told us this, has not much idea about their own country....fancy that."

Don't know who told you what they did, but most people only know about stuff that directly concerns them. Even then they probably half of it wrong.

I believe that's probably true all over, not just here.

A lot of people think they know a whole lot more than they really do. Not just Thai's. A lot of bar stool experts around.