Abhisit's nephew 'Itim' first Thai to lead top Oxford society

webfact

This is news from 2013, why is it making news now...One suspects a political move.

2013 Michaelmas Parit Wacharasindhu St John's

2014 Hilary Polina Ivanova University

2014 Trinity Ben Sullivan Christ Church

2014 Michaelmas Mayank Banerjee St John's

Come on TV, I and I suspect others would like to know, why it is now news.

Erm........ my wife showed me this a few days ago on her facebook as it was being shared by a massive amount of Thais and had hundreds of thousands of likes. Merely because this has ballooned Thailand's pride and international recognition for one of their nation's people.

Also many news articles have been spurred from facebook phenomena, and this has been reported by loads of Thai press long before The Nation posted it as news, i fact it was on Sanook News last week....... so get your facts right before you humiliate yourself with your ignorance.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sure hope Suthep supporters here don't give the Uncle any credit for what the kid has accomplished. But I am sure they will. We just need to hope he doesn't turn out like his Uncle.

I guess the young lad is also related to Suranand Vejjajiva, the spokesman for Ms. Yingluck and former one of the 111 banned TRT-ers ?

He's also related to abhisits father who was given his position as Deputy Minister of Public Health in 1991 by the military Junta after their coup (must be a family thing,military appointments, though not including the draft that is whistling.gif ) so how far do you want to take this off topic peeing contest?

How about as far as Potjamans father, a police general, giving Thaksin the SOLE contract for police computers? Is that far enough or just a step too far?

• Like 1

No doubt this young Thai hi-so ammart is a Prime Minister in waiting. Thailand is a private club and 99.99%

of the population isnt invited.

99.99% of the population much like yourself are not intelligent enough for the post, and so no...... they are NOT invited.

I hope one day this guy will be prime minister, at 20 he has already given his country something to be proud of in an amazingly proud nation such as Thailand.

What is the likely alternative in your view?.... OAK?????????? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Oh my lord. Its an Oxford love in. Believe me, you really don't want to set out your stall too fast to want him as PM.

Oxford has more than its share of nutjobs weirdos and despots. Its great they have them, just don't desperately want them for PM.

This is news from 2013, why is it making news now...One suspects a political move.

Maybe he's going to be the anointed PM???? And don't anyone tell me there is zero chance of this. Just sit back and remember where we are.

He is at least 100:1

WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:24, said:WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:24, said:
Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:11, said:Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:11, said:

Erm........ my wife showed me this a few days ago on her facebook as it was being shared by a massive amount of Thais and had hundreds of thousands of likes. Merely because this has ballooned Thailand's pride and international recognition for one of their nation's people.

Also many news articles have been spurred from facebook phenomena, and this has been reported by loads of Thai press long before The Nation posted it as news, i fact it was on Sanook News last week....... so get your facts right before you humiliate yourself with your ignorance.

The facts are, today is 28/4/2014... this dude was elected 2013, so who is ignorant, of the facts? FACT: The current President is Hilary Polina, so get your facts right before calling others ignorant.

http://www.univ.ox.ac.uk/univ-news/univ-undergraduate-president-elect-oxford-union

Edited by Rorri

Thai at Heart, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:32, said:
Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:11, said:

Maybe he's going to be the anointed PM???? And don't anyone tell me there is zero chance of this. Just sit back and remember where we are.

His time has come and gone, Hilary Polina is the current president.

I meant PM of Thailand.....I think that's a little bigger than head of the Oxford Union

WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:24, said:WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:24, said:

The facts are, today is 28/4/2014... this dude was elected 2013, so who is ignorant, of the facts? FACT: The current President is Hilary Polina, so get your facts right before calling others ignorant.

http://www.univ.ox.ac.uk/univ-news/univ-undergraduate-president-elect-oxford-union

Stop embarrassing yourself.... I know the facts... I was replying to your question why reported so late.

He obviously hasn't been bragging about it, or it would have made news at the time.

That is why he's different to most Thais, he obviously has masses of integrity and sees no value in bragging and boasting.

This just shows that the family's discretion and integrity are light years ahead of anything from the red camp which are all blow- and gob sh-ites.... like you.

Edited by WoopyDoo
  • Like 1

I meant PM of Thailand.....I think that's a little bigger than head of the Oxford Union

Bigger????

Yingluck is living proof that the PM of Thailand is anything but prestigious.... same goes with Thaksin.

All about money and NOTHING about prestige and honour.

No doubt this young Thai hi-so ammart is a Prime Minister in waiting. Thailand is a private club and 99.99%

99.99% of the population much like yourself are not intelligent enough for the post, and so no...... they are NOT invited.

I hope one day this guy will be prime minister, at 20 he has already given his country something to be proud of in an amazingly proud nation such as Thailand.

What is the likely alternative in your view?.... OAK?????????? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Oh my lord. Its an Oxford love in. Believe me, you really don't want to set out your stall too fast to want him as PM.

Oxford has more than its share of nutjobs weirdos and despots. Its great they have them, just don't desperately want them for PM.

Don't try to tell me about Oxford pal..... I lived there for 22 years, I know just about everything there is to know about the students at Oxford seeing as I have drunk with them in bars, had my fair shake of conversations with many of them including members of The Union and some of the Dons. I have even been to quite a few of their parties in my time.

I can tell everyone here and now that Geriatrickid and yourself are talking out of your backsides...... again.

You obviously know nothing whatsoever about Oxford and the people there.

Nutjobs and weirdoes indeed..... What the hell would you know about it??..... The screening process for entry into the higher and most prestigious campuses of Oxford University which make up almost all of The Union membership is amazingly tight, and you have to be of the highest caliber and with an impeccable disposition to even get through the initial mock exam and 30 minute intellectual interview with the senior Dons to even begin to be considered for a scholarship.

Don't post when you clearly have no clue what the hell you are talking about.... just another red shirt blinded by hatred of everything democratic. With a putrefied view of anything and everything good to come out of Thailand no matter how rare it is.

Thailand can certainly do without the likes of you.... Your username is nothing but a complete contradiction in terms. As for Oxford.... They wouldn't even let you on the Oxford bus.

Got plenty of friends who went there. A couple are in Bangkok these days, both Thai and foreign. Many of my school masters went there. Smart people.

Should they be a shoe in for PM because they went there? Hardly. Are they automatically some kind of political genius? No. In fact, a very small.percentage of them end up politicians at all.

Nice to see at least one family member happy enough to submit to an election...

......and he won, in this free and fair election!!!!

Let me ponder for a while......now.....what holds for the future?

Thaksin/Yingluck ----- Oak

Abhisit----- Itim!!!

a tad to late i fear..woops..

Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:42, said:
WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:24, said:WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:24, said:WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:24, said:
Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:11, said:Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:11, said:Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:11, said:

The facts are, today is 28/4/2014... this dude was elected 2013, so who is ignorant, of the facts? FACT: The current President is Hilary Polina, so get your facts right before calling others ignorant. The facyt remains, it is still old news, so why is it being published now... 8 months after he took office and from what I can gather, a full 16 months after the elections.

WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:54, said:WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:54, said:
Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:42, said:Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:42, said:
WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:24, said:WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:24, said:WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:24, said:WoopyDoo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:24, said:
Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:11, said:Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:11, said:Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:11, said:Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:11, said:

Stop embarrassing yourself.... I know the facts... I was replying to your question why reported so late.

He obviously hasn't been bragging about it, or it would have made news at the time.

That is why he's different to most Thais, he obviously has masses of integrity and sees no value in bragging and boasting.

This just shows that the family's discretion and integrity are light years ahead of anything from the red camp which are all blow- and gob sh-ites.... like you.

Are you suggesting he, or someone else, is now bragging about it. Surely not news worthy, I ask you, if MH370 went missing 8 months ago, would you be interested, if it was only now reported. Oh, I thought name calling was against forum rules.

Edited by Rorri

Hilary Polina...! cheesy.gif

Right...perhaps you'd rather a rice farmer with little education to be running the country....or worse still....the supposedly educated current caretaker PM.

bigbamboo, on 28 Apr 2014 - 14:33, said:
Rorri, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:44, said:
Thai at Heart, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:32, said:Thai at Heart, on 28 Apr 2014 - 13:32, said:

Hilary Polina...! cheesy.gif

cheesy.gif I sorta stuffed up

• Like 1

Well apparently he's been a good student and deserves whatever accolades accompany that and I add mine to those...but... The headline doesn't read

PARIT WACHARASINDHU - first Thai to lead top Oxford society why not...? ...and indeed is a year old.. It reads Abhisit's nephew..

so we get the point right...Keep that name associated in the press with something good... politicking at it's finest well done Kuhn Abhisit ( sarcasm)

Well apparently he's been a good student and deserves whatever accolades accompany that and I add mine to those...but... The headline doesn't read

PARIT WACHARASINDHU - first Thai to lead top Oxford society why not...? ...and indeed is a year old.. It reads Abhisit's nephew..

so we get the point right...Keep that name associated in the press with something good... politicking at it's finest well done Kuhn Abhisit ( sarcasm)

You seem to suggest that k. Abhisit somehow is involved in getting the article published at this moment. I guess that involvement would also include the info being shared on facebook since a few days (as a member mentioned)?

Next we've get the inside information that the anti-Abhisit rant on young Oaf's facebook page was actually setup and hacked into facebook by a pro-Abhisit fanclub (like the Facebook Abhisit Boys 5)

So he forgot to invite Yingluck for a debate as she is a 'world leader'. You know, like the Dalai Lama, Mother Theresa, Winston Churchill, Ronald Reagan, and Maggie Thatcher.

For obvious reasons, the OU restricts itself to inviting world notables who are capable of debating in the English language ...............

Just a thought but I wonder if a Thai farmer's son could become this if he ever got the luck to be so priviliged to study abroad..... Who said "we are all equal.." can't remember it!!

Well if you can't be bothered to educate yourself then what hope for the farmers son?

I am sure if a farmers son were able to get the break and win a scholarship, go to the UK and achieve this, then he would become a national hero, and deservedly so.

Oh, and when you find the quote about being all equal, take a look around you to see how robust it is. Since Man started forming social groups tens of thousands of years ago, people have never been equal. Welcome to planet Earth.

Just a thought but I wonder if a Thai farmer's son could become this if he ever got the luck to be so priviliged to study abroad..... Who said "we are all equal.." can't remember it!!

Well if you can't be bothered to educate yourself then what hope for the farmers son?

I am sure if a farmers son were able to get the break and win a scholarship, go to the UK and achieve this, then he would become a national hero, and deservedly so.

Oh, and when you find the quote about being all equal, take a look around you to see how robust it is. Since Man started forming social groups tens of thousands of years ago, people have never been equal. Welcome to planet Earth.

It's not equality that's the aim; it's equality of opportunity to the extent that's possible.Actually Thailand has quite a good record under the King's Scholarship programme in sending high flyers to elite universities overseas.I know several who have gone to Oxford and Cambridge and some are from quite modest lower middle class backgrounds.Still it's obviously a greater achievement for a poor farmer's son to get to Oxford than for a rich public school boy.And that applies to the UK as much as it does for Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I sure hope Suthep supporters here don't give the Uncle any credit for what the kid has accomplished. But I am sure they will. We just need to hope he doesn't turn out like his Uncle.

I guess the young lad is also related to Suranand Vejjajiva, the spokesman for Ms. Yingluck and former one of the 111 banned TRT-ers ?

He's also related to abhisits father who was given his position as Deputy Minister of Public Health in 1991 by the military Junta after their coup (must be a family thing,military appointments, though not including the draft that is whistling.gif ) so how far do you want to take this off topic peeing contest?

Yes and Mr Abhisit's father is also an independent director on the board of Charoen Pokphand (CP Group) the Ceo of which is the wealthiest billionaire in Thailand ... tops the Forbes list...always good to follow the money... (guessing we could take it to Hong Kong)

Yes and Mr Abhisit's father is also an independent director on the board of Charoen Pokphand (CP Group) the Ceo of which is the wealthiest billionaire in Thailand ... tops the Forbes list...always good to follow the money... (guessing we could take it to Hong Kong)

and the mother of the young chap is a sister of Abhisit. So if Suranand is a cousin of Abhisit, that means he's an uncle once removed?

As the articles only mention the young chap didn't want to discuss politics while here, I guess we'll not know which of the two uncles he prefers democratically speaking.

• Like 1