Seeking Native English Speaking Teacher Immediately....

sirchai

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

A smaller school, near Sisaket (25 km away) is seeking a native English speaker to teach English.They'll start an advanced program this year. school already starts on the 6th of May, next year an EP will follow.

The applicant should have teaching experience in Thailand, a degree in any field is needed to get you a work permit.

Please be aware that the school needs a new employee by now and if you settled down here, it would be convenient for both sides.

Some Thai speaking skills would be great but not mandatory.

Starting salary between 25 and 27 K, depending on your experience. Please no Filipinos, or Africans.

If you're interested and you could come for an interview asap, please send your resume to me, will forward it and get you in touch with the superiors of that school.

Please no "low salary bla bla comments." Thank you.-wai2.gif

• Like 1

You use Filipinos and Africans like they are bad words.

No I don't. It's just what they'd told me. And to prevent that many people from these countries apply. Isn't that a fair statement. No racism.

You're not the one who has to read so many resumes, where you don't even see their nationalities, but on top native English speaker.

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 2

I guess one become hardened, after time, living in a country with no racial discrimination laws.

Can't believe it that you still call me a racist. It's a job offer, not more. Please stop your racist nonsense. i hate Nazis and racist.

I guess one become hardened, after time, living in a country with no racial discrimination laws.

Can't believe it that you still call me a racist. It's a job offer, not more. Please stop your racist nonsense. i hate Nazis and racist.

Don't worry, like I said, you won't get into trouble here, in Thailand :).

No I don't. It's just what they'd told me. And to prevent that many people from these countries apply. Isn't that a fair statement. No racism.

You're not the one who has to read so many resumes, where you don't even see their nationalities, but on top native English speaker.

sirchai is quite correct!

There is no Racism involved. Just consider his requirement for "a NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER." I have no problem with his requirement, so how about giving him credit for attempting to help find a teacher for the school.

I'm retired and not interested in returning to work but if he gets stuck and can't find anyone, I'd consider being a volunteer...don't want the money and from the sound of his advert, the school is trying to do the right thing by the students. It deserves every possible assistance.

• Like 1

sirchai is quite correct!

There is no Racism involved. Just consider his requirement for "a NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER." I have no problem with his requirement, so how about giving him credit for attempting to help find a teacher for the school.

I'm retired and not interested in returning to work but if he gets stuck and can't find anyone, I'd consider being a volunteer...don't want the money and from the sound of his advert, the school is trying to do the right thing by the students. It deserves every possible assistance.

Thanks a lot for your kind words. I should add that I wasted so much time to read resumes of people who "assume" they're native English speakers for whatever reason.

Many resumes don't even have the nationality of the applicant on it, it's quite annoying to read so much useless documents, if they don't match the basic requirement, to be a NES.

Then I get bombed with personal messages, that I'd be a racist not to consider an Asian or African teacher. We already have five nons, not nuns.

I always have to st in demonstration lessons, reply to e-mails, get in touch with people, continue doing so and then I'm still facing guys who're asking me for some money that they can make it to the place of the interview, because they a sort of ran out of money in Pattaya.

I'm wasting my own money on the phone, nobody at my school would even think what a waste of time that is, nor reimburse me.

And I'm making not enough money to support my family.

Edited by sirchai

Nearly all teaching jobs advertised state NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER only ( UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Africa)

Which I think Is the correct way to advertise a position, Instead of singling out nationalities which you do not wish to reply. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Nearly all teaching jobs advertised state NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER only ( UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Africa)

Which I think Is the correct way to advertise a position, Instead of singling out nationalities which you do not wish to reply. thumbsup.gif

Please keep in mind that I know why I did that. Let's see. Last advertisement at www.ajarn.com said only native English speaking teachers from.....

But 90 % were not. I just don't want to look into resumes of people who were basically not even meant to apply.

If I have the order to write "no Filipinos, or African teachers, please", it isn't a racist behavior. Call it a filter that helps you a lot.

I'm pretty sure that those who "help schools" to hire foreigners, will agree with me to a certain extend The rest is useless and wasted time.-wai2.gif

• Like 1

So if a fully qualified native English speaking American who is black or of Indian origin apply would your school hire them?

• Like 1

There are some nobs on here, he obviously meant that whenever they advertise they get inundated by Indians and Filipinos claiming to be native English speakers, which they patently are not. Many schools only want English, English speakers and do not even willingly recruit USA or AUS/Kiwis.

You inverted racists who take offence at everything are just as bad as the real thing.