many years i not do too busy

and also we don't have a lot of space

but when i try to do with seeds

arugula salad i get a lot

parsley a little

basil get a lot

tomato can get same

rosemary i buy flower festival more than 1 years not surivival

same friends say to mix sand with the land because is acid and concimate also before to do

samething is growing well where do you live?

Hope to exchange samething with you in a future.

wai2.gif

All the royal project at the mountain

where they try to grow in a climate temperate

they have a roof for protect from the strong sun and the rain

any suggestion for help me how to grow samething interesting for personal use are accepted

Edited by siriweith

They grow maize and legumes in the off season here.

I think the problem with tomatoes is they like alkaline soil which is usually poor and the soil around here seems to be very good.

I'd be inclined to mix something like ash or lime into a tomato patch.

You can test the soil with a pH kit usually available where you buy garden supplies.

You could always give the " Hyrdroponic " method of veggie growing a try

Pros - very little foot print of veggie plot required

Little maintainance required during growing

High crop yeilds

Cons - Trying to find good quality seed to start your crops with here in Thailand

Fertilizers are also an issue here ( Liquid kinds for Hydroponics )

I have a compost pit. When I spread the compost, some seeds sprouted. Turned out to be eggplant. Hardly buy eggplant anymore. Same for basil which has been growing for sometime now. It is a perennial by the way, so you don't really need to uproot the plant. Just harvest the shoots and let is regenerate. I have lime growing in a pot and one on the ground. The one on the ground doesn't set fruit as regularly as the one in the pot. I have mint and rosemary. The rosemany could do better if I transplanted it in full sun. Will do that soon. Used to have water convulvulus (water spinach or locally known as Pak Boong - Ipomoea aquatica) which you can grow from seed. I just harvested the tops without uprooting the whole plant. Tomatoes are a headache to grow as it is attached by too many pests and diseases.

You don't even have to have a garden to plant these veggies...

post-21351-0-64601500-1398754535_thumb.j

Edited by toybits

Good idea.

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-No-Dig-Garden

I know people who used old railway sleepers for the sides, might be hard to find here though.

You can get these at HuaLumphong Station but remember they are saturated in creosote which is toxic and can taint the flavor of veggies so get the oldest RR ties (timbers) possible.

Tomatoes are hungry for nutrients. They are heavy feeders. They also love heat and direct sun. As another poster suggested--start them in a small pot or bag from seed and when 6"-10" tall the transplant in the garden. Bury them in soil up to the lowest leaf--this gives the root system a good start. Manure is good for them but choose the right manure source. Not manure from dairy cows that are fed alot of antibiotics. Also, fresh manure can burn the plants--find old manure.

Gardening is great fun--good luck!