What's all this rubbish with commission with banks

Why do I have to pay 60 baht to deposit money in to my bangkok bank in bangkok from samui

20 fee which one would get from an ATM also the 40 baht commission

So I have to pay these people just to do there job and put a few stamps on some paper and put my details in the computer

Also why I have to pay 200 baht for a bank statement that should be free and given to me on a mm they basis

My misses said she never gets charged

Apparently if you ask them not to sign the statement then they don't charge you

When I went into the bank

I told them this and they laughed at me and still charged me

Somebody shall be eating well tonight on my money !

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

UK.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Really ?

The UK ?

Suggest an attempt is made to secure a "free transfer of cash UK to Thailand !

My misses said she never gets charged

Then she refers to an account in Samui.

No distinction between Thais and foreigners.

Like it or not, but you pay this commission when you do cash transactions in another province than your accounting bank.

Old story.

Fees at Bangkok Bank:

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BANGKOKBANK/WEBSERVICES/HELPCENTER/Pages/FeeTable.aspx

20 Baht for cash withdrawl sounds like you used anothers banks ATM? BKB says 15 Baht.

No fee for statements less than 6 months back.

200 Baht for more than 6 months back.

500 Baht for more than 2 years back.

No information found about cash deposit.

Some of your assumptions about free services from banks do not apply to my former country of residence (Germany).

For example the monthly free statement in written form: long gone. Every 3 months is free.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

About the cash deposit using a CDM (self service).

There is a table of fees for "interbank deposits" (depositing without using your ATM card).

With this you can deposit cash to any account within Thailand from a long list of participating banks.

For 10000 to 20000 Baht there is a 60 Baht fee.

But this completely different from depositing to YOUR account using YOUR ATM card).

Still find no info/hint about a fee for that.

Does not mean there is none, but at least within the province (or Bangkok) of the accounting branch it is free.

Done this x-times.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/WaysYouCanBank/ATMsAndSelfService/CDM/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/WaysYouCanBank/ATMsAndSelfService/CDM/Pages/Interbankdeposit.aspx

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yes I know banks are not free but charging to deposit money into your account is a bit of a cheap shot

Basically one moves u pay

Just seems so random

Sometimes I go in a bank and they say " no pay"

Then another time I ask for the same service then it's " commission "

Seem to make it up as they go along

I know there are charges from difference bank to different bank and province to province

Sometimes though I reckon they take advantage when human to human transaction that we might not know the charges and add it on anyway as the banks don't care and banks in England are terrible

Get a statement each month and every month there is a small fee here and there

I have to go it every month and question these small transactions

And the answer I get is

" sorry sir we seem to have made a mistake "

They don't add on that it is about 50th time

Don't care what anyone says he real gangsters are the banks

High interest money loans, government backing

Crews of bailiffs ready to be deployed

Lawyers in the otter pocket

They are the really big C

• Like 1

I noticed when I was in PhangNga and Ranong a few weeks ago, that there was a 20 baht charge, for withdrawal from B.of BKK, (my bank, using their ATM's )

I vaguely remember them telling me that, when I opened the account (years ago) only free withdrawals within the Province.

The fee's here are nothing compared with what my Canadian bank, charges me every month....for a few transactions and paying my Visa card.... bah.gif ....

The one thing I dislike here is some stores (usually the computer stores) charge a higher % depending on whether you have a Platinum or Gold card..... that's a real rip off...sad.png ... At least places like Tesco, Big C, Soput Electric, Home Mart Home Pro, don't do that.... wink.png

Yeah, those places already includes the credit card charges in their margins.

While most computer stores in Pantip for example operates at such a low margins they just can't afford the %. There are however stores which do tout that they don't plus this charge, such as the Hardware House chains, but if you compare their prices with others, you'll also see that they are a bit more expensive than the others. So it boils down to what kind of payment method you'd like to pay and get out your calculator to see where it's really most worthwhile for you to shop.

Thai bank rules are that if you have a bank account from one province and do anything at another province, you'll be charged fees. Internet banking is usually free. For example I'm able to transfer any amount unlimited times between any Bangkok Bank accounts for free if I use their ibanking. If I use my ATM I'll get 3 free transactions each month, then it'll cost you 10bt between Bangkok Bank accounts, and 25bt interbank.

I highly recommend you apply for internet banking for your bank account. A lot of things will be free and much more convenient.

• Like 1

While most computer stores in Pantip for example operates at such a low margins they just can't afford the %. There are however stores which do tout that they don't plus this charge, such as the Hardware House chains, but if you compare their prices with others, you'll also see that they are a bit more expensive than the others. So it boils down to what kind of payment method you'd like to pay and get out your calculator to see where it's really most worthwhile for you to shop.

Thai bank rules are that if you have a bank account from one province and do anything at another province, you'll be charged fees. Internet banking is usually free. For example I'm able to transfer any amount unlimited times between any Bangkok Bank accounts for free if I use their ibanking. If I use my ATM I'll get 3 free transactions each month, then it'll cost you 10bt between Bangkok Bank accounts, and 25bt interbank.

I highly recommend you apply for internet banking for your bank account. A lot of things will be free and much more convenient.

"Yeah, those places already includes the credit card charges in their margins."

Yes, understand that, about low margins, what I don't understand is why they would have a sliding scale.... Platinum card I think was 7% at one or more stores, where as Classic Visa card is 3%, which is more acceptable... wink.png ....

One store also said because "farang card".... .... Needless to say I don't bother to go there anymore! sad.png... There are stores around that don't do that!

I am not aware that banks add on higher fees for type of card Plat, Gold, Silver.... blah blah! .... on overseas transactions, (perhaps I missed that in the "small print"whistling.giffacepalm.gif )

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

To be honest I have all this to come haven been home for so long can't remember what a rip it is

Still charging for depositing money still need more persuasion to convince. Me that this ain't a rip off

Considering that they use people's money to lend people money with high interest the there main income

So one would assume that they want people to pay as much money in as possible with ease

Edited by BigC

With todays low interest rates and all these high fees, one would wonder if bank nowadays actually do make a sizable income from these odd fees.

On the other hand, one can somewhat justify their fees because after all, it does cost them to build and maintain all these infrastructures around with cash deposit machines and ATMs, and not everybody do need these types of services anymore when the banks also provide free alternatives to do most things, so naturally those who do need the use of these special services should also contribute to the upkeep.

For example, I don't even carry cash anymore to Tesco because I can use my Bangkok Bank Visa Electron card for free. ibanking is also free and linked with my paypal, I hardly need to ever leave my house to do any bill payments as long as I do have my internets.

Nowadays that electronic money transactions are becoming more and more common and widely accepted, it'll soon cost you money to carry and spend cash.

In fact, in some countries such as Norway, if you buy and pay cash anything over 10 000 NOK (I think), the establishments are required by law to report this cash transaction to authorities so they can check where the money is from.

Big C - I am also with the BKK bank.

Their online banking allows you to transfer money between any of your BKK bank accounts. The first 5 transactions each month are free - after this there is a 20B fee.

(Instant transfers to any other person's account at any other bank is only 25 baht - 15B if you do it non-express.)

Why transfer money any other way?

R

Actually, the Bangkok Bank ibanking allows transfer to any BBL account in the same area free of charge unlimited numbers of times.

For example, any BBL account from any BBL branch in Bangkok will not cost anything.

Fees will be charged if it's for example from a BBL account in a branch in Bangkok to a branch in Samui. This is what you're allowed 5 times for free each month, then it'll cost you 10bt.

I've been certainly sending money to many other BBL accounts within Bangkok and have never been charged any fees.

For inter bank transfers, the fees varies according to the amount and how fast it'll be processed, irrelevant of region.

Less than 25 000 from 25-12bt

Exact info on fees are available here in English.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/OnlineBanking/PersonalBanking/iBanking/BualuangiBanking/NewUsers/Pages/FeeInformation.aspx

Actually, the Bangkok Bank ibanking allows transfer to any BBL account in the same area free of charge unlimited numbers of times.

For example, any BBL account from any BBL branch in Bangkok will not cost anything.

Fees will be charged if it's for example from a BBL account in a branch in Bangkok to a branch in Samui. This is what you're allowed 5 times for free each month, then it'll cost you 10bt.

I've been certainly sending money to many other BBL accounts within Bangkok and have never been charged any fees.

For inter bank transfers, the fees varies according to the amount and how fast it'll be processed, irrelevant of region.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/OnlineBanking/PersonalBanking/iBanking/BualuangiBanking/NewUsers/Pages/FeeInformation.aspx

Thanks for putting me straight Moley - I didn't know it was free between accounts in the same area.

(But I knew the interbank were as you say.)

SO - Large C - now you know what to do to bring the RANTOMETER reading down! (Although it's more fun for us the way it is . . .)

R

• Like 1

Thanks for putting me straight Moley - I didn't know it was free between accounts in the same area.

SO - Large C - now you know what to do to bring the RANTOMETER reading down! (Although it's more fun for us the way it is . . .)

R

cheesy.gif..... now just stop that Robby..... poor Khun Ya C! whistling.giftongue.png

and to Mole, thanks for the clarification! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

R

cheesy.gif..... now just stop that Robby..... poor Khun Ya C! whistling.giftongue.png

and to Mole, thanks for the clarification! thumbsup.gif

14071077032_e0602b3692_o.jpg

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

As a retailer i know that (in Australia at least) most merchant accounts/payment gateways charge up to double for a "premium" credit card transaction. I assume the gold card holder is having the enjoyment of lower fees and stuff and the retailer is of course paying for the privileges.

If you guys do a search on payment gateways and check the pricing you'll see what i mean.

I guess the Thai Bank executives, are looking to double their salaries with "bonuses".... as done in (some) western countries.... except the poor executives at RBS (Scotland).... have been told "cannot hab" biggrin.png

I know.... offtopic2.gif.pagespeed.ce.kcjFR6YG46.giw00t.gif

Their online banking allows you to transfer money between any of your BKK bank accounts. The first 5 transactions each month are free - after this there is a 20B fee.

(Instant transfers to any other person's account at any other bank is only 25 baht - 15B if you do it non-express.)

R

I was depositing money in cash

I had a problem

With bangkok bank jn samui town center a while ago but that was not due to bank fees that was due to Jen being lazy but that's another story

I have a Krung Sri app which I do most of my transferring

Should check for a bbk app also they all seem to be at it cheers

R

I was depositing money in cash

I had a problem

With bangkok bank jn samui town center a while ago but that was not due to bank fees that was due to Jen being lazy but that's another story

I have a Krung Sri app which I do most of my transferring

Should check for a bbk app also they all seem to be at it cheers

That's better!

14075087251_4be2c2a23e_n.jpg

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 2

With todays low interest rates and all these high fees, one would wonder if bank nowadays actually do make a sizable income from these odd fees.

On the other hand, one can somewhat justify their fees because after all, it does cost them to build and maintain all these infrastructures around with cash deposit machines and ATMs, and not everybody do need these types of services anymore when the banks also provide free alternatives to do most things, so naturally those who do need the use of these special services should also contribute to the upkeep.

For example, I don't even carry cash anymore to Tesco because I can use my Bangkok Bank Visa Electron card for free. ibanking is also free and linked with my paypal, I hardly need to ever leave my house to do any bill payments as long as I do have my internets.

Nowadays that electronic money transactions are becoming more and more common and widely accepted, it'll soon cost you money to carry and spend cash.

In fact, in some countries such as Norway, if you buy and pay cash anything over 10 000 NOK (I think), the establishments are required by law to report this cash transaction to authorities so they can check where the money is from.

If you follow the banks on the SET, you will see that many years ago Thai banks did not really make any money on fees. All their profits came from interest. Then 97 came and many customers defaulted on loans. They then learned that charging fees for all kinds of stuff could compensate for the interest losses, and now they make money on both.

Of course in your country of origin there is a totally fee free banking system ?

Where is this place ?

it's a place called europe, but don"t ask any locals about it, they would be clueless ;-)

Must be different Europe that I'm used to.

In Norway, there's fees upon fees. Especially if you go to the bank and wants to get things done at their counter. Most things would be free only if you used their internet banking.

Maybe you've lived here for too long to become as clueless as the locals???