flies, flies and more flies

nedkellylives

In Rawai at present especially towards the beach end there is a fly problem they are everywhere

Went to a restaurant today for breakfast and the table was covered in flies same pronblem at home

and in the shops

The local rubbish service is not the best my wife regularly phones the local govt so they will pick up the

rubbish as the cages used are overflowing, and rubbish is everywhere on the side streets and this could

be causing the problem

Are you having a fly problem ( to many ) where you live or is it just Rawai

Rubbish pick-up very regular in Chalong. Never any flies where I live.

All close neighbours put rubbish bags in big, black plastic bags.

Much better rubbish service in Chalong when we lived their and sounds like it still is

They even had motorbikes with sidecars picking up the rubbish on the road sides

Most people put their rubbish in bags in Rawai but the local govt have no regular pickup

And people open the bags looking for recycleables, then when they pick the rubbish up

some is spilt into the bottom of the cages which the flies breed in and they do not remove this

We and our nieghbors pay the rubbish truck to clean up the area properly when it gets to messy

But this does not stop the flies breeding, only regular rubbish pickups will fix the problem

No flies more than normal here in Kata. Never noticed anthing unusual on my daily trips over to Patong.

Really wish it would rain for a couple of days and clear all the dust out.

With wheeley bins with lids on and daily rubbish pickups you would not have a fly problem thumbsup.gif

I have not seen increase of flies, but there has been plenty of beetles as well as other UFO's after the rains started.