After snubbing poll, Abhisit not qualified to be mediator

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one of those Thaksin paid red article not worth reading.

Mark should just be appointed the president for the second time. Election is a big waste of money, and cannot be held successfully anyway, because Bangkok people don't need it.

• Like 1

"The on-going political crisis in this country would never have occurred if the Democrat Party and its ally, the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), had agreed to join the February 2 snap election."

Wasn't much point reading after this [though I did] as the reporter already is talking BS.

Hmm, isn't this supposed to be the anti PT paper, according to some, seems not to be so to me.

People see what they want to see, it's only an anti-PT newspaper when it suits people's agenda's to be so.

• Like 1

Another one of those Thaksin paid red article not worth reading. Mark should just be appointed the president for the second time. Election is a big waste of money, and cannot be held successfully anyway, because Bangkok people don't need it.

This is not the paper widely known for supporting "Thaksin paid red article not worth reading"

Mark was appointed as PM last time and didn't implement the so called much needed reforms back then so now out of the top job calls now for reforms, something's just not quite right there huh, I do in fact believe that reforms are needed, The thing is that reforms take time to implement properly, so a country needs a government NOT some appointed person by a few people with bias, agendas, and conflicted interests.

Reforms and policy's should be put to the people and then an election, that's the only fair, open, and democratic way for a country to operate, anything less is simply a power grabbing act that should never be allowed again, you familiar with the Khmer rouge and history, think about it.

• Like 1

nice to slag them off i dont have a problem with that at all...the thing is something have got to change or its same old same old...only the rich dogs are the winners..again..no-one can deny thailand needs serious reform..holding my breath no..wai2.gif

Another one of those Thaksin paid red article not worth reading. Mark should just be appointed the president for the second time. Election is a big waste of money, and cannot be held successfully anyway, because Bangkok people don't need it.

Mark should be appointed the president for the second time. Wow, you're really up on things, aren't you? I really hate to break this to you, but Mark was never appointed President. Thailand doesn't have Presidents, they have Prime Ministers.

I've read your other equally inane posts in various threads and can only wonder why your parents let their immature and "intellectually stunted" children play on their computer. Shouldn't you be in school?

• Like 1

cheesy.gif The writer is not a fan of Thaksin, so I don't think he'd take any money. This is the foreign news editor for the Nation isn't it?

Didn't he write some articles critical of the PTP as well?

Mark should be appointed the president for the second time. Wow, you're really up on things, aren't you? I really hate to break this to you, but Mark was never appointed President. Thailand doesn't have Presidents, they have Prime Ministers.

I've read your other equally inane posts in various threads and can only wonder why your parents let their immature and "intellectually stunted" children play on their computer. Shouldn't you be in school?

People who get hot “under the collar” in an open forum should defiantly not be involved in politics, because they are breeders of violence.

One cannot deny that the democrats made no friends in snubbing the elections, leaving their supporters feeling lost in a sea of Sh!!t and despair fearing that the PTP would just walk into power, however Abhisit as leader of the party has the right to meditate , just because someone decides to make a point, isn't a case for this sort of poorly thought out journalism, as leader of the major opposition party he is entitled to play a part in reform and election talks, it is akin to saying that CTPM Yingluck Shinawatra isn't allowed to participate because she talks to her brother.bah.gif

• Like 2

People who get hot “under the collar” in an open forum should defiantly not be involved in politics, because they are breeders of violence.

I hope your "hot under the collar" comment was not directed at me, because if so, would you please point out to me where I resembled that in any way or manner.

Slowly some of the yellow shirt supporters seen to be waking up, including some of the journalists at the nation. Kudos to them

Yellows? PAD? Thought they were gone...................

Like herpes, they come and go, but never go away.

Come on man! This isn't something you share on a political forum. I am sorry for you gk but I am sure there are more suitable forums to discuss this issue.

Good luck!

Edited by Nickymaster

"The on-going political crisis in this country would never have occurred if the Democrat Party and its ally, the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), had agreed to join the February 2 snap election."

Wasn't much point reading after this [though I did] as the reporter already is talking BS.

Hmm, isn't this supposed to be the anti PT paper, according to some, seems not to be so to me.

Seems a bit odd to me how the paper is pro and the next day it's against, looks like someone is throwing spanners in the works to bait posters into big reaction,

could be coincidence, but everyday an article that brings out the majority of anti Gov posters with a topic, then gives the minority happy time topic.

This one has been thrown in to create sidetrack as how it is written creates anger.

Yesterday it was Abhisits nephew, praising him for his good work, and today ??? amazing reporting from Nation.

Slowly some of the yellow shirt supporters seen to be waking up, including some of the journalists at the nation. Kudos to them

Except they have. PAD is dead.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Mark should be appointed president for the second time cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

President of what? The President of the soccer club?

Using your measure, should the Shinawatras be equated to genital warts, being ugly, harder to remove, and more likely to cause serious problems?

• Like 2

Except they have. PAD is dead.

I agree that PAD, as a political force is dead. However their ideology still live on their leaders, and a few followers, and they have not only joined the ranks of the PDRC, but also as "advisers" in the PDRC. I've seen several photos in the media of Suthep in a meeting of one form or another, with one of the hard-core PAD leaders (can't think of his name at the moment) close by. Even Sondhi came out and publicly encouraged all PAD followers to join with PDRC. So in that sense of the word, PAD is still "alive", although maybe on "life support". lol

The author of this piece, Supalak Ganjankhundee, is one of the two writers at The Nation who have generally been out of step with the rest of the paper, politics wise (the other being Pravit Rojanaphruk). Take any article in The Nation during the past five years which has expressed red sympathetic views and it was very likely written by one or the other, though I doubt either would describe themselves as red shirt supporters. Supalak's main focus over the last decade has generally been on the deep south and border issues, but when he has written on the red/yellow conflict he's tended more towards criticism of the 'yellow' side. I doubt he has much affection for TS though.

These two are exceptions that prove the rule I suppose. Newspapers of particular political leanings often have one or two columnists that express contrary views, and it's no different here. The chairman of The Nation plus its editor are pretty well known to be anti-Thaksin and make no secret of it. Its writers are largely various shades of anti-govt and those are the views expressed in the vast majority of op-eds & editorials - though I'm told its Thai language sister papers tend to be more overtly biased.

This guy is your typical moron posting on things he has no idea about. Bangkok people don't need it, like North Koreans don't need it? 2/10. Fail.

• Like 1

IMO opinion Mr Abhisit is just as qualified if not more so than most in this country in terms of finding a sensible compromise.

Then you are not very clever and should probably get out more.

I always thought that by calling him Mark people were just laughing at him like it was a joke name?? I know I was.

• Like 1

Another red shirt expanding on their basic principle ("we dun nuffink wrong") with the inevitable corollary "all the problems were caused by someone else".

As I understand it both China and North Korea are very nice this time of the year should you want to live in a certain type of state you'll find them both very welcoming. Enjoy! There is a village missing it's idi...