Bangkok: Driver who mowed down three police officers released on bail

webfact

Terry you know the police are partially to blame. They throw themselves in front of traffic to get cars to stop and even try to grab on to motorcycles to make them stop. Im not saying this man is not at fault because he is. But police should have a better system to get drivers than standing at a checkpoint waiting to grab you.

A few years ago I had a motobike accident in Pattaya when a "policeman" rushed out of nowhere and tried to stop me. He grabbed my arm and it took me down and him with me. Broke the bike up a little but nothing major, but it did cut me up a bit. He hurt his ankle or foot. I went toe to toe in his face SCREAMING at him and pushing him until he backed down and let me go. I had a farang meltdown on him, and I'm a pretty stocky big guy, not an older easy to pick on type. I think the whole episode, going down with me and my total freak out, startled him. Whatever the case, that was one stop that didn't go the way he though it was going to. I've had a couple of run ins with real idiot police in Pattaya, almost always the same thing with them jetting out in front of you and trying to stop you on a bike at 3am on some side soi. No thanks. I suppose I am partly to blame by being out at 3 - 4 am, but what is Pattaya for if you can't be out that late?

Driving a car, have not had any real issues yet. Just normal stops, always polite and send me on my way. The way it should be. It's only on a bike and in Pattaya where I've had a few real problems. f

glad it worked out for you.

this story is about a homicidal maniac who cared nothing for the lives and family of his rage.

being sent free to do more harm.

How did you come to this conclusion?

To me it seem like a very unfortunate accident partly caused by the guy speeding and partly by the poor set ups of police road blocks.

How this makes him a 'Raging homicidal maniac' I don't know.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have some compassion, the young man has already explained that he was driving his fathers car and was not familiar with the controls !................................duhhh.. Steering wheel, accelerator, brakes, complicated is'nt it. rolleyes.gif

Good let him on bail, he is no different than the Protester leaders who are apprehended and release on bail. Just as long as you don't commit a crime under article 112. Then no bail at all.

whats your point ...there should be no bail full stop..just digging all the time arnt you..

In yesterday's Bangkok post there was the article about a red shirt journalist which was arrested in April 2011 under section 112. He have applied for bail 15 times and have been denied. The time he has served thus far will not be deducted from his jail time if/when he is found guilty. He also don't qualify for a pardon, because for that he must admit that he commited a crime and must also implicate others, which he refuses to do. The guy refuses to admit to a crime because according to him section 112 is illegal under the UN Human rights manifest which Thailand have signed. If this and cases like uncle sms is taken into consideration what Mango bob have said is true, only need to add rich (red bull kid), politically connected (for both sides Thaksin and PDRC), policeman (4 police found guilty of murder out on bail) or famous (actress murder case) to the list of people who get bail.

Your post, and your mate Mango's post, have one thing in common, both very low class.

You both take advantage of a story about three Police officers losing their lives and three others injured to wave your red banner and bore us to tears with your sad tales.

Perhaps this was simply an accident on the young man's behalf and he is entitled to bail.

You nearly got it right winstonc, "just digging all the time arnt you.." should probably read "just trolling all the time".............

• Like 1

Time to get serious.........sentence him to TWO slaps on the wrist.

oh that is a little harsh, corporal punishment is so barbaric. Have him say sorry and 1 hour at the Temple.smile.png

Why not ship him to Melbourne in irons, sign him up for the saints, they need someone with a little speed. From a friendly Bomber supporter, we know all about speed and few other banned substances.

Oh yes you do.biggrin.png Good luck anyway this year. Haven't seen you over on the afl forum.

Terry you know the police are partially to blame. They throw themselves in front of traffic to get cars to stop and even try to grab on to motorcycles to make them stop. Im not saying this man is not at fault because he is. But police should have a better system to get drivers than standing at a checkpoint waiting to grab you.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes. They all must have thrown themselves in front of his truck. I am thinking in this case that was not how it worked. If you mow down several police officers doing their duty then you need a good long lock up. Period. Would he get bail in the US? I doubt it. 1 cop possibly. Several? Not a chance. We do have to back those who are sworn to protect us or it really starts to all fall apart. You know. Just my thoughts though.

Yes. They all must have thrown themselves in front of his truck. I am thinking in this case that was not how it worked. If you mow down several police officers doing their duty then you need a good long lock up. Period. Would he get bail in the US? I doubt it. 1 cop possibly. Several? Not a chance. We do have to back those who are sworn to protect us or it really starts to all fall apart. You know. Just my thoughts though.

I'm not one of those arguing that he wasn't really to blame or that he shouldn't be punished, far from it, but when it comes to it being somehow more serious because police offers are involved, I don't really get it. It's not as if he intended to kill police officers. In the case of intentionally killing officers I understand the need for the punishment to be extra severe to deter more police killings.

In this case i think the punishment he gets should be no different from had he killed homeless people or anyone for that matter.

• Like 1

A few years ago I had a motobike accident in Pattaya when a "policeman" rushed out of nowhere and tried to stop me. He grabbed my arm and it took me down and him with me. Broke the bike up a little but nothing major, but it did cut me up a bit. He hurt his ankle or foot. I went toe to toe in his face SCREAMING at him and pushing him until he backed down and let me go. I had a farang meltdown on him, and I'm a pretty stocky big guy, not an older easy to pick on type. I think the whole episode, going down with me and my total freak out, startled him. Whatever the case, that was one stop that didn't go the way he though it was going to. I've had a couple of run ins with real idiot police in Pattaya, almost always the same thing with them jetting out in front of you and trying to stop you on a bike at 3am on some side soi. No thanks. I suppose I am partly to blame by being out at 3 - 4 am, but what is Pattaya for if you can't be out that late?

Driving a car, have not had any real issues yet. Just normal stops, always polite and send me on my way. The way it should be. It's only on a bike and in Pattaya where I've had a few real problems.

You have to understand the type of person the police might be pulling over at 3-4am, quite likely drug carriers, those under the influence etc etc. Personally I am never out on my bike at that time but all the police stops I have endured in Pattaya have been on main roads, and the stop was quite obvious and I slowed down for it. You know a farang on a bike will be pulled.

They have been polite and sent me on my way on seeing a Thai licence.

A lone police man on a side road at that time I would certainly be suspicious of..... shake down......although I would struggle to treat them with such disrespect.

As to the OP, I say this guy should be allowed to stew in the cells a little while before bail is granted.

Edited by jacko45k

Funny you say that I was riding along Beach Rd one afternoon when this dumb cop just jumped out and grabbed my handlebars and i nearly came of the bike.

then I said to him what was that for... his reply was you Zig Zag in traffic, Then we argued for about 10 minutes and I got a 400baht fine, But your so right they just jump out of nowhere they are MAD.

Maybe it is only a simple accident People make mistake

Wen you drive a car (never learnt how to do) AND YOU HAVE BLACK WINDOWS , your mother is calling you(need to answer)

and you live in Thailand than its a accident (only wen you have money mak mak)

In europe its at least manslaughter

But this T.I.T.

Next Please

You need to read the original thread about this, the cops were taking a break under a tent on a foot path when this guy ran thru the road block and over them

So the road block was on the foot path ??

Strange !!!

You need to read the original thread about this, the cops were taking a break under a tent on a foot path when this guy ran thru the road block and over them

So the road block was on the foot path ??

Strange !!!

No, the road block wasn't but the tent was.

They were sitting in a tent on a break.....hardly call that "throwing themselves in front of traffic".