Sharp lesson for Phuket bed-jumper

webfact

Sharp lesson for Phuket bed-jumper
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A 20-year-old woman learned a sharp lesson yesterday evening (April 29) that others may profit from: never jump seat-first onto a bed.

Kusoldharm Rescue volunteers were called at 5:30pm to an apartment opposite the Bangkok Bank branch on Thepkrassatri Rd in Phuket Town, where they found Daranee Wongsasabai, sitting on the bed, weeping with pain.

Her boyfriend told the volunteers that he and Ms Daranee had gone out to eat. When they returned, she ran in and jumped gleefully onto the bed.

When she did so, she managed to break a spring in the mattress, which pierced her gluteus maximus, and lodged there inextricably.

The Kusondhram volunteers spent 20 minutes cutting the steel spring out of her backside and giving first aid before sending her to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/sharp-lesson-for-phuket-bed-jumper-46014.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-04-30

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kusondhram volunteers spent 20 minutes cutting the steel spring out of her backside and giving first aid before sending her to Vachira Phuket Hospital

Then 30 minutes P*ssing themselves laughing....

Poor lass. If she's hot, I'll kiss it better for her...

• Like 1

Phuket woman impaled by her mattress
Phuket Gazette

1_2014430125715144_ZZaGdAwLTmyzUqNJuREfw
Rescue workers use bolt cutters to free Ms Darunee. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Rescue workers from the Kusoldharm Foundation responded to an unusual plea for help yesterday afternoon: a woman had been impaled by her mattress.

The rescue team arrived at an unnamed apartment building opposite the Bangkok Bank branch on Thepkrasattri Road, south of Satree Phuket School in Phuket Town, at about 5:30pm.

“When we arrived, we heard a woman howling in pain from a room on the second floor,” said rescue worker Silarat Na Thalang.

The first responders entered the room to find 20-year-old Daranee Wongsasabuy grimacing in extreme discomfort on her mattress on the floor.

“Mis Daranee explained that a spring in her mattress had entered her posterior. Then she showed us,” said Mr Silarat.

“We took about 20 minutes to get her free. In the end, we had to use bolt cutters to cut the spring.”

Ms Daranee was a little embarrassed about the nature of her complaint.

“It was just a small wound from the accident, but I’ll never flop onto a mattress again,” she said.

— Kritsada Mueanhawong

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-woman-impaled-her-mattress/29291#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-04-30

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A warning also, that she should loose weight?rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif width=20 alt=rolleyes.gif>

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Joe, that was a deliberate attempt by "webfact", against me and you.sad.png

A thought springs to mind, as kids we were always told NOT to jump on the bed, butt hey, some people don't listen. Guess the girl will be the butt of a lot of jokes, talk about making an ass of herself. In the end (get the pun) she'll have a story to tell.

When I rented an apartment the mattress looked like it had about 20000 asses on it over its lifetime. I offered to pay half for a new mattress seeing I was staying for a year. I even got a Thai to tell the Mae Bahn this. When I arrived home the next day they had just took a mattress from another room. In the end I got them to buy a new one. Thais - Buy a new bloody mattress its not that expensive!!!!!!

We at Latex Innovations would like to wish her a speedy recovery, and inform all that our 100% natural latex mattresses and toppers are free from any springs or moving parts, and will last over 30 years. They are great for people with back pain, or those that sleep on their side.

Please see our site at www.latexinnovations.com

• Like 1

Is it legal to have some people come to your place and take pictures of you in such situation ?? blink.png

Right, and subsequently throwing them online. One of the drawbacks of everybody having a mobile phone which can take pics, plus the whole social networks thing.

Remember once in the village, our house was finished and we were looking to buy a new bed and mattress, as they do a pickup loaded with mattresses went by and i asked the missus to call them over, like lightning they were over to our front yard unloading all the mattresses like they were rugs thrown across the front garden that was only dirt at the time,, the sales guys seemed to ignore my lovely and pay all the attention on me (wonder why) one guy started to run the sales spiel that i understood nothing of so he turned it up a notch by vigorously jumping up and down on one of the mattresses guesting how good it was, i yelled what are you doing, forgetting where i was, (thinking) and you will be selling that mattress to someone one day,,, Quote: a blind rain deer in the forest is what,,, a no eye deer same as many Thais unfortunately.