Mobi’s - The New Bar on Lake Mabprachan

Mobis

^^^

I am not a moderator but forum rules are quite clear about derogatory comments of all kinds ....

Oops the post I was referring to was just deleted ....

Maybe you spoke too soon biggrin.png

that was his last post as an ordinary member :-D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG,

You have never been to Mobi’s yet you continue to try and pick ‘holes’ in my thread musings and distort what I say to somehow prove to the readers that the bar is not worth visiting.

My I respectfully request that you desist and find some other target to try and put out of business.

For the record:

The incident at last week’s party occurred after all the customers had left, save the girl’s friend who was waiting to take her home. As previously stated, we had closed and were cashing up at the time.

The incident with the lady and the car was a ‘one off’, happened some 6 weeks ago and did not involve any staff from my bar. The damage to the car was so slight that it couldn’t even be seen in dark – so it could hardly qualify as having his car ‘smashed up’. (He even refused any compensation payment that the cops were trying to extract from the girl).

The lady in question was arrested and the bar she worked at was closed for the night and all the staff were taken to the police station.

I very much doubt whether such an incident will re-occur and neither do any of the customers – including the gentleman whose car was kicked - who continue to park their cars outside the bars daily.

I am quite sure that you could talk to any bar owner in Pattaya and he will tell you of similar – if not worse – tales, but mine simply get told on this thread and thus become public knowledge.

Then you read my reports, in which I tell it the way it happened – good and bad - and then throw them back in my face and try to show that these incidents make my bar a bad place to visit, instead of coming to see for yourself what a happy, peaceful place it is with cold beer and the cheapest food in Pattaya.

I think its fair to say you give the bar next door a lot of bad publicity, as a result of your posts i did visit Mobi's and ended up next door and now as a few others do go in there after visiting Mobi's. Can you not give a very nice guy starting out in the bar business as you are a few breaks like you are requesting. All you are doing in generating him business but continue to post about bad things about it. I was not impressed when one of your young ladies asked me if I wanted her to go home with me for money, so nobody's perfect.

OMG,

You have never been to Mobi’s yet you continue to try and pick ‘holes’ in my thread musings and distort what I say to somehow prove to the readers that the bar is not worth visiting.

My I respectfully request that you desist and find some other target to try and put out of business.

For the record:

The incident at last week’s party occurred after all the customers had left, save the girl’s friend who was waiting to take her home. As previously stated, we had closed and were cashing up at the time.

The incident with the lady and the car was a ‘one off’, happened some 6 weeks ago and did not involve any staff from my bar. The damage to the car was so slight that it couldn’t even be seen in dark – so it could hardly qualify as having his car ‘smashed up’. (He even refused any compensation payment that the cops were trying to extract from the girl).

The lady in question was arrested and the bar she worked at was closed for the night and all the staff were taken to the police station.

I very much doubt whether such an incident will re-occur and neither do any of the customers – including the gentleman whose car was kicked - who continue to park their cars outside the bars daily.

I am quite sure that you could talk to any bar owner in Pattaya and he will tell you of similar – if not worse – tales, but mine simply get told on this thread and thus become public knowledge.

Then you read my reports, in which I tell it the way it happened – good and bad - and then throw them back in my face and try to show that these incidents make my bar a bad place to visit, instead of coming to see for yourself what a happy, peaceful place it is with cold beer and the cheapest food in Pattaya.

I think its fair to say you give the bar next door a lot of bad publicity, as a result of your posts i did visit Mobi's and ended up next door and now as a few others do go in there after visiting Mobi's. Can you not give a very nice guy starting out in the bar business as you are a few breaks like you are requesting. All you are doing in generating him business but continue to post about bad things about it. I was not impressed when one of your young ladies asked me if I wanted her to go home with me for money, so nobody's perfect.

Yeah, that would freak me out too...unless she had an unusually low voice :)

OMG,

For the record:

Please read my posts carefully.

I have never said anything bad about the bar next door and I wish them every success. Furthermore, I am on friendly terms with the owners. Yes the guy and the girl who own/run that bar are very nice - but they are hardly ever there, (they spend most of their evenings at their other bar), hence the problems which occurred in their absence.

I have related events that affected my bar that emanated from the bar next door - specifically the drunk who continued to bad mouth my bar to all and sundry from that bar (which happened when the bar was in previous ownership) and the drunken girl from that bar who hurled one of my tables across my bar and then on another night kicked one of my customer's cars.

Am I supposed to suffer all this verbal and property abuse without saying /doing anything?

Until now I have said nothing about the fact that this very same girl is still employed there, despite the fact that she is a known drunk and trouble maker, as that is their business.

But if she does something that affects my business then I feel perfectly entitled to write about it.

Things have been good between our two bars for the last few weeks or so and I am hoping there will not be any repeat of earlier incidents. So can we now leave this be and let these two bars under new ownership find their own ways on the Darkside.

Edited by Mobi

^^^

I am not a moderator but forum rules are quite clear about derogatory comments of all kinds ....

Oops the post I was referring to was just deleted ....

Maybe you spoke too soon biggrin.png

that was his last post as an ordinary member :-D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You just needed someone to play drums to go with your guitar didn't youbiggrin.png

... I was not impressed when one of your young ladies asked me if I wanted her to go home with me for money, so nobody's perfect.

As they say, "Different strokes..."

btw, I bet she didn't ask for money right there and then, they never do (unless you are colossally ugly). So, at this juncture, it is solely your assumption that she would seek monetary recompense for whatever she was proposing... or you are challenged in the looks department.

... I was not impressed when one of your young ladies asked me if I wanted her to go home with me for money, so nobody's perfect.

btw, I bet she didn't ask for money right there and then, they never do (unless you are colossally ugly). So, at this juncture, it is solely your assumption that she would seek monetary recompense for whatever she was proposing... or you are challenged in the looks department.

Personally I think it so much BETTER to be upfront in any business dealing. I say bravo to the girl.. she asks.. you say yes or no.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nope she did mention only 1000 and 300 for bar, But been here into teens of years and its not the first time and doubt it will be the last. Regularly told handsome man so dont know on the challenged bit. So your assumption that a fee was not mentioned by a girl in Mobi's bar is incorrect

Anyway s it all points to a good nite out in mobi's if your that way inclined and worth a visit.

Interested to know if Mobi does in deed fine his girls if they leave the bar for a while, seems the natural thing to do if they leave their place of work.

Lets put an end to the direction the topic has taken a turn into shall we:

16) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

• Like 1

I have lurked on this thread and can't believe all the crap some folks have posted about Mobi's. The guy is trying to run a good business and takes the time to answer folks/customers that have a grievance but his efforts are never enough. I can think of some Dark Side bars where the customer is always wrong and the owners could give a rat's ass but poor Mobi is never right- despite his best efforts.

Hang in there Mobi and don't let the nay sayers get you down smile.png

PS- Can you please guarantee that when I visit your bar that all the girls will adore me, offer to go with me for free and my bill for a great night out will not exceed 199 baht?

Yes ....preaching to the choir there.

We were raided by the cops last night.

At around 8 pm a posse of plain clothes cops descended in two vehicles, entered Mobi’s and told us to turn off the music. There must have been 6 – 8 cops, all told.

The cops inspected all our myriad operating licences in minute detail and then lined all the staff up (including Lek) and made them give two urine samples.

They also inspected all the girls’ ID’s.

They also checked to see if we had any short time rooms – which we don’t.

They stayed about 45 minutes.

All the drug tests proved negative, all the staff were of legal age and all our paperwork was in order.

They finally left without us having to pay them any money.

Out of the literally dozens of bars scattered around the lake, to my knowledge, Mobi’s was the only one that was raided, and in particular, the two bars alongside Mobi’s were left untouched.

Someone has got it in for us….

I wonder who?

This isn't the first time that someone has tried to do this – on a previous occasion it was an ‘undercover’ farang, (yes, they do exist, and are the scum of the earth),who came by one night looking for anything untoward to pass on to the cops who were waiting somewhere nearby. On that occasion, we were tipped off in advance.

You’d think there were more important things to worry about than trying to extort a bar that is struggling to break even, gainfully employs 9 Thais, (all of whom have kids and/or family back home who they help to take care of), and provides a bit of drinking pleasure for a few local residents.

Of course, the net result of all this was that we had our worse night of trading since the bar opened. I guess the word spreads fast and nobody wants to drink at a cop-targeted bar….

Sad, aint’ it?

• Like 1

A post script to a previous, now closed discussion.

Never in my 40+ years of drinking and mongering in the bars of Thailand - from Bangkok to Chiang Mai; from Pattaya to Phuket - has anyone ever volunteered the price of their services without me requesting it first. It just doesn't happen….

To quote the words of the long lamented Trink….

‘Nuff said…..’

I have lurked on this thread and can't believe all the crap some folks have posted about Mobi's. The guy is trying to run a good business and takes the time to answer folks/customers that have a grievance but his efforts are never enough. I can think of some Dark Side bars where the customer is always wrong and the owners could give a rat's ass but poor Mobi is never right- despite his best efforts.

Hang in there Mobi and don't let the nay sayers get you down smile.png

PS- Can you please guarantee that when I visit your bar that all the girls will adore me, offer to go with me for free and my bill for a great night out will not exceed 199 baht?

I can guarantee the first one, negative to the second and yes to the third provided you have one beer and buy one lady's drink - you will even get some change....wink.png

Keep your chin up M. Your obviously doing something right to make people jealous......sad but true, there is always somebody trying to spoil other peoples hard work.

Enjoy your venture and I wish you all the success.

I will pop by for a cold SML and hot dog after this trip in the desert :)

We were raided by the cops last night.

At around 8 pm a posse of plain clothes cops descended in two vehicles, entered Mobi’s and told us to turn off the music. There must have been 6 – 8 cops, all told.

The cops inspected all our myriad operating licences in minute detail and then lined all the staff up (including Lek) and made them give two urine samples.

They also inspected all the girls’ ID’s.

They also checked to see if we had any short time rooms – which we don’t.

They stayed about 45 minutes.

All the drug tests proved negative, all the staff were of legal age and all our paperwork was in order.

They finally left without us having to pay them any money.

Out of the literally dozens of bars scattered around the lake, to my knowledge, Mobi’s was the only one that was raided, and in particular, the two bars alongside Mobi’s were left untouched.

Someone has got it in for us….

I wonder who?

This isn't the first time that someone has tried to do this – on a previous occasion it was an ‘undercover’ farang, (yes, they do exist, and are the scum of the earth),who came by one night looking for anything untoward to pass on to the cops who were waiting somewhere nearby. On that occasion, we were tipped off in advance.

You’d think there were more important things to worry about than trying to extort a bar that is struggling to break even, gainfully employs 9 Thais, (all of whom have kids and/or family back home who they help to take care of), and provides a bit of drinking pleasure for a few local residents.

Of course, the net result of all this was that we had our worse night of trading since the bar opened. I guess the word spreads fast and nobody wants to drink at a cop-targeted bar….

Sad, aint’ it?

Sorry to hear about this Mobi. Some scum has obviously ratted on you, as you say (not that you have done owt wrong) you don't seem like the type of fella to upset people, so you probably have some idea of who it is.

I hope you will fight back and carry on trading and don't let this filth win the day. I must pop in one day to have a beer and a chat.

At least one of the bars (in the cluster of bars) further around the lake, close to a seafood restaurant with a Farang name, was definitely raided, same sort of story.

Was also told last night that this was happening by a Thai that works further around on the Pong road, so not just you Mobi.

It makes more sense to me that this was a random check, particularly there was no hint of a request for money. Just because they didn't hit any of the neigbouring bars indicates good practice since with only 6 cops, they can't go door-to-door and expect any possible miscreants not to slip away unnoticed. As mentioned elsewhere, some other, individual bars were spot checked as well so nobody with an axe to grind... just yet. Welcome to the Pattaya bar trade!

Now Mobi, you should make light of the matter and maybe make a signboard for the parking lot out front with the days since the last spot check same as these building contractors do outside their work sites indicating, "232 days accident free". Add a huge flourescent green "safety" check mark indicating you have been officially checked and passed as a drug free watering (and curry) hole. Maybe someone passing by who hasn't dropped in yet will have their curiosity piqued and stop for a drink and a chat and you will be advertising your full compliance with the law.

"Drug Free!"

attachicon.gifsafe.gif

"No.of days since last piss test"

clap2.gif Good idea...

.....one day who knows?

I have been told by 'those in the know' that the cops were under instructions from high up to go out and check on a bar or two.

However, there is also a strong suspicion that 'someone' is pointing the cops towards Mobi's and we have more than a good idea who it might be. I'll leave it at that as we have no real proof...

Anyway, as long as all our papers are in order and we abide by the laws we should be OK.

News from

post-25991-0-65004700-1405228732_thumb.p

We had a surprisingly busy night on the eve of Khao Phansa (Buddhist Lent) last Thursday, before, like all the other ‘drinking holes’, we were obliged to shut up shop for two days.

There was one table with two farang couples, another table with a farang and his Thai wife, a third with a couple of drinkers surrounded by some of Mobi’s girls and my own table was occupied by Thai Visa’s Raro and his friend.

This may not sound like much, but it was a considerable improvement on the extremely quiet nights we have been having lately.

What was even more gratifying was the fact that just about everyone stayed for the entire evening –up to and past closing time – so we must have been doing something right.

Indeed, I tried my best to play an interesting, eclectic mix of mainly old-ish pop music, and it seemed to generate considerable interest as many of the customers were watching the music videos on the large screens avidly. On more than occasion, a customer came over to ask me who the current vocalist was.

If the stories I hear about many of the bars in Pattaya and Naklua being absolutely devoid of even a single customer, then I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.

So its onwards and upwards and I am pleased to announce that early next week we will be adding yet another item to our ‘bar snack menu’ of Jumbo hot dogs, Chicken nuggets, French fries and chicken curries.

Yes folk, we are currently ‘testing’ our latest offering – namely ‘Spring Rolls’ and I hope to roll this out new food item to our customers by Tuesday of next week.

With such a choice of snack food to stop your tummy from rumbling, there is no excuse for not tarrying a litle while longer at Mobi's - your favourite bar by the Lake....….

On the live sports front, we have the Open Golf Championship commencing next Thursday at the Royal Liverpool , and of course Formula One continues next Sunday with the race at Hockenheim, Germany.

More details, early next week.

Last night things were not looking at all good when, at around 10 pm, out of the blue, a dozen or more customers suddenly descended and took over the bar.

It was the management, staff and friends from the next bar along, (in the Pong Direction), namely 'Serenity'.

For some reason, Serenity had closed early and Mobi's were the lucky beneficiaries of a right royal piss-up.

Loads of very loud, dancing music (no hip hop) was requested by our somewhat inebriated clientèle, and any tracks that I didn't have were soon conjured up from You-Tube.

The party went on into the small hours and was a very welcome turn around in our business.

So many thanks to Danny and all the folk from Serenity.... one day I hope to return the favour.

Last night things were not looking at all good when, at around 10 pm, out of the blue, a dozen or more customers suddenly descended and took over the bar.

It was the management, staff and friends from the next bar along, (in the Pong Direction), namely 'Serenity'.

For some reason, Serenity had closed early and Mobi's were the lucky beneficiaries of a right royal piss-up.

Loads of very loud, dancing music (no hip hop) was requested by our somewhat inebriated clientèle, and any tracks that I didn't have were soon conjured up from You-Tube.

The party went on into the small hours and was a very welcome turn around in our business.

So many thanks to Danny and all the folk from Serenity.... one day I hope to return the favour.

For obvious reasons they couldn't have the drunken bacchanal at their own bar; and if you return the favor, it's a wash business wise? So maybe if you keep having alternate parties at each other's bars you'll keep each yourselves in business. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

post-25991-0-54682700-1405322863_thumb.p

Following the successful ‘testing’ our latest snack food, Mobi’s are pleased to announce a new addition to our food menu.

Spring rolls - 80 Baht

So increasingly, there is little reason to interrupt your drinking pleasure at Mobi’s to go and find something to eat elsewhere. Our expanded menu now includes the following:

French Fries 35 B

Jumbo Hot Dogs 35 B

Chicken Nuggets 50 B

Spring Rolls 80 B

Chicken Curries and Rice (choice of 3 varieties) 120 B

Drink up and eat up and enjoy Mobi’s pleasant ambience with our charming team of girls while watching an eclectic mix of music videos that we try to tailor to our customer’s tastes; ranging from the present day and stretch as far back as the 1930’s.