Anyone else having sync problems with Phuket cable?

Alwayssunny

For some time now with most programs but not all there is a bad sync problem, they talk then 5 or so seconds later they do! it's not the tv as most of the Thai channels are fine it's mostly with English channels.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Re the screen problem, we use PA Cable (Patong), which I believe may be sourced from KPP Cable (did they ever catch him?). Many of the channels on PA are now being broadcast in a squeeze format as a poor man's method of creating properly proportioned wide screen, so TVs have to be set to 6x9/widescreen for these channels, as opposed to magnify or other non-standard settings, in order to provide the correct picture.

They are all the same happy to get your moneybut slow at fixing problems TIT

You pay for 24 hour service but forget it if anything goes wrong on sunday

or if the power goes off, a emergency generator is not that expensive that they cannot afford one

It's been fine for the past two years and has only developed this sync problem recently, I really don't want to change to true visions and pay out 2k per month but if this persists then it will have to be a change! I suppose it all comes down to can you put up with it!

The sound has got worse on PC and the sync problem is very annoying, hopefully it will resolve itself soon otherwise it will be a change to something else.

PC told me a couple of months ago they are upgrading their system & will be giving out digital boxes as they go. They were working along Chao Fa at the time & said Kathu should be ready sometime in May.