Thailand: Sweating temperature expected till mid May

webfact

Sweating temperature expected till mid this month

2014-05-01_TopChart_13-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand will continue to experience rising summer heat until mid this month before the rain will come in June, the Meteorological Department said.

Deputy director-general of the Meteorological Department Mr Songkran Aksorn said the cool air mass which blanketed Thailand and caused heavy summer storms in many areas has begun to move away while a warmer system coming in place.

This combination will consequently bring in a hot and humid condition, with temperatures touching 38-39 degrees Celsius.

According to the forecast, the extreme heat will last until the middle of May.

Experiencing the extreme warmest temperatures will be Kanchanaburi, Mae Hong Son, Prachin Buri and Prachuap Khiri Khan.

But he said the heat would gradually subside from mid May until the start of the rainy season in June, which was considered later than usual.

He also warned people in the North and the west coast of the South of possible summer storms from May 5-7.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sweating-temperature-expected-till-mid-month/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-01

• Like 1

Woopy Doo, maybe we had the same storm. Spectacular, rain hammering down then just nice and steady rain now for the last hour. All fans off except 1 small one on my desk, nice and cool.

F/C has thunder storms next 7 days in Nakhon Rat area. You can see those low pressure cells lined up, moving Southeasterly.

SEch2.jpg

In Hua Hin there has been no storms, no rain, nothing - just hot, hot, hot. The air is thick and heavy. Even though we're on the coast, the sea breeze seems to have all but disappeared.

I love a good storm too. Thunder and lightening, the type that shakes the house and makes car alarms go off!

Hope some storms head this way.

• Like 2

In Chiang Mai, Suthep area, we had great thunderstorms and lashing rain Tuesday and Wednesday nights. For the first time in a year, the small trees in very heavy pot plants were overturned and are now tied to the wall.

So nice to have temps down in the mid 20s, great walking weather at 6am.

But he said the heat would gradually subside from mid May until the start of the rainy season in June,

Dear Mr. Deputy director-general,

Wow, thanks for sharing the insight! I was not aware that this never happened before in LOS. Do you get paid for the job?

• Like 1

So in other words normal conditions for this time of year!

Yes, the only professions in the west where you can get paid $300,000 per year, or more, and be strike out more than half the time, are meteorology, and baseball. Here, I do not think they are paid such huge sums, but they still strike out more than half the time! Exactly. It is summer time. It is hot. Big, big surprise.

• Like 1

Been in Jomtien since December 5th and it has rained exactly twice; and each of those were for an hour or 2, max.

We could use a good soaking.

Great, fantastic, jolly good fun, STUPENDOUS. Do I sound happy? Sorry if I did, couldn't contain my joy for a moment there. I've bitched about HH and the weather for ages, and it still has not rained inn 3 months. It has clouded over twice with a little thunder and that is all, not another 2 weeks of this at least. I have a feeling when the monsoon actually does show up for the party properly, it is going to be here in heels and makeup, basically ready for action!

Great, fantastic, jolly good fun, STUPENDOUS. Do I sound happy? Sorry if I did, couldn't contain my joy for a moment there. I've bitched about HH and the weather for ages, and it still has not rained inn 3 months. It has clouded over twice with a little thunder and that is all, not another 2 weeks of this at least. I have a feeling when the monsoon actually does show up for the party properly, it is going to be here in heels and makeup, basically ready for action!

Must be our location, in Thonglor. Along with the heat and humidity, we have had rain, twice.

Must be our location, in Thonglor. Along with the heat and humidity, we have had rain, twice.

Yes HH is notorious for being one of the driest places in Thailand if I am not mistaken

I'm envious of all of you who have had some rain. Not a drop here in Lat Krabang for ages....and with the cretins seeming to burn something every day, it's getting close to unbearable to the extent we're considering nipping home for a couple of weeks until the weather breaks....

two massive storm yesterday here,one in the arvo,then one overnight,now as i post the thunder is rumbling again,ten times more rain than this time last year already the country is looking green,like it usually takes until july to do,we are in Wichianburi,well 10k from it in the south of Petchabun province,i think we have been very lucky reading some of the other posts on this thread,maybe this is due to topography as we are in a valley [a large one ] here,sorry for all who are not getting it,the rain i mean.