thai flags on cars

stevehaigh

have you noticed the sudden explosion of Thai flags on the back of cars around here. i didn't see many when i was up north a few days ago but driving back here, it looks like one in 5 cars have a flag stuck to the back. the missus says its to show support for suthep which is stronger in the south or course.

The flags thingy started when the protests started. Sad thing as it's rarely a good idea to use national symbols when protesting against other people in the same country.

Where I live,people put flags along the road at many occasions.Like to show off their love for their country,I suppose and one might be a bit impressed to see this outflow of love and respect.Less impressive though is it when you check a couple of days later..Many of the flags have fallen to the ground and lay there in the dirt! Nobody cares to pick them up! Although not beeing a Thai,I feel sad about it.Makes me wonder why they care to put up the flags at all...

Where I live,people put flags along the road at many occasions.Like to show off their love for their country,I suppose and one might be a bit impressed to see this outflow of love and respect.Less impressive though is it when you check a couple of days later..Many of the flags have fallen to the ground and lay there in the dirt! Nobody cares to pick them up! Although not beeing a Thai,I feel sad about it.Makes me wonder why they care to put up the flags at all...

Coming from a country where it is very frowned upon to show such a sense of national pride as to fly a flag, I do think its good to see. As long as the foreigner out (but leave your money) brigade is not behind it.

The flags thingy started when the protests started. Sad thing as it's rarely a good idea to use national symbols when protesting against other people in the same country.

the national front (Nazi party) in the UK was doing that since i was a kid.

After the biggest, hugest most important incident in the whole world, EVER !! aka 9-11, the US had a fad like this.

Made it easy to spot the nationalistic, conservative morons.

The bigger the flag, the more so...

Seems to hold over here, too.

• Like 2

the national front (Nazi party) in the UK was doing that since i was a kid.

and there we have it!

NOTHINR wrong with national pride, sad that this is the connection people make with the Cross of St GEorge

After the biggest, hugest most important incident in the whole world, EVER !! aka 9-11, the US had a fad like this.

Nothing wrong with that. Shame is it's seen by the leftist PC lot as something that shouldn't be done, unless of course it's a foreign country. What do you think about all the South African flags at Mandelas funeral.... We're they being shown by nationalistic morons also, I expect you don't think so

This is the Yellow's tactics... First was the yellow shirts of the King and now its the national flag. Almost making people choose to support the flag (and country) or not, thus creating division in the country.

• Like 1

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

Sound familiar? A quote by Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that. Shame is it's seen by the leftist PC lot as something that shouldn't be done, unless of course it's a foreign country. What do you think about all the South African flags at Mandelas funeral.... We're they being shown by nationalistic morons also, I expect you don't think so

Sorry, I thought the topic was flags on cars. Oh, Wait,.... yes the topic is flags on cars.

Not flags at internationally acclaimed (so claims media) figure's funerals.

And yes I find nationalists to be of dubious nature; Scoundrels oft wrap themselves in flags

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

Sound familiar? A quote by Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

... and a tenet of past and current European facists, the US oligarchy and now... Thai royalists. I see that freshly pasted flag on a shop door, I pass it by.

Edited by EBlair48