Birthday options that I can post

y2k

I have a love interest in Thailand to whom I'd like to send a birthday present. Not something too expensive for fear of it getting "lost" and not too cheap for fear of me looking well ... cheap. Something not too bulky or heavy too I guess. It will have to be able to travel so no glass and not too fragile.

I'm in Australia so maybe something particularly Ozzie like a cuddly koala soft toy (ok that's a bit cheap). A boomerang would be ridiculous.

Any better ideas?

• Like 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I've never sent cash using Western Union before. Is there a fee and is it safe?

Fee depends on how much you send, but totally safe and easily collected, you have to give her the password and number so no one else can get it.

They scalp you 10% for sending the cash but don't say how much they rob you at the receiving end.

Nothing at the receiving end, what you send after fee is what they get.

Like I said before, depends how much you send, if you sent 50 quid, a fiver in fees is nothing, you'd pay 3 quid for an atm withdrawal so 5 is nothing really is it.You'd lose more than a fiver in postage ! If you sent something.

Edited by CharlieH

Sounds easy enough. I'll think about if I don't get any better suggestions. I'm still a traditionalist and prefer to give a gift than cash though.

That's right, because Thais especially love gifts from abroad. Though, a jar of vegemite may not go down to well. Perhaps a bag of dried Witchetty Grubs would suffice.

Edited by somchaismith
  • Like 1

Flowers

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Yes I was going to send flowers too. Is Interflora still the best way?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Sending money's the easy way out. No real thought required.

Your in Australia. Send her some opal. Thais love opal. Put it in the pouch of a kangaroo teddy bear.

• Like 1

I just know this Topic is going to get really funny later in the threads......

You think ??? I thought it was well on the way already.

Hay OP... Think about this. Get someone to take a reasonable photo of yourself. E-mail it to http://www.forever-florist-thailand.com/ Have a look on their site. They have numerous menu items to chose from, some not too expensive. Get them to print your photo & have it delivered with the flowers. Not rocket surgery.

Let your imagination run wild... if you don't like my suggestion... I'm sure there'll be many more to follow.

Over to you.

Mal.thumbsup.gif