Vigo - front suspension upgrade

crs

Got a 2010/11 3D Vigo - the front suspension has sagged and it bottoms out easier then it should... (Possibly a steel bull-bar hasn't helped with that - and I don't like to slow down for speed bumps much.)

Thinking to fit some aftermarket upgraded coil springs and maybe shocks to the front. Not bothered in lifting the ride height from standard - just levelling it and firming it up some. Anyone know a good shop in Thailand for supply? (Preferably Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai so they can sort fitting too...)

Cheers.

Get some Bilstein 5100's ride leveling shocks that use the original springs.

Class shock it's the Bilsteins. For the sake of a few dollars I'd replace all shocks and springs, I did on my Landcruiser from new and was pleasantly surprised, well worth the coin.

Sorry OP, can't help with a shop.

Class shock it's the Bilsteins. For the sake of a few dollars I'd replace all shocks and springs, I did on my Landcruiser from new and was pleasantly surprised, well worth the coin.

just go to love thailand suspension on facebook. having mine replaced next saturday by the guy -just the fronts keeping my springs about 10k installed. on his fb page you can see his recent work including some vigos. he is located near chatuchak ... will know more next week.

just go to love thailand suspension on facebook. having mine replaced next saturday by the guy -just the fronts keeping my springs about 10k installed. on his fb page you can see his recent work including some vigos. he is located near chatuchak ... will know more next week.

So cheap. Cheap just for two shocks, yet alone installing them as well. Not a difficult job, especially on a hoist.

Good suspension can really transform your ride, you won't be sorry, although personally I would tend to do at least all the shocks. Won't just improve the ride but the braking also.

So cheap. Cheap just for two shocks, yet alone installing them as well. Not a difficult job, especially on a hoist.

Good suspension can really transform your ride, you won't be sorry, although personally I would tend to do at least all the shocks. Won't just improve the ride but the braking also.

my rear ranchos are fine - i replaced some seized ozzy fronts a couple months back with some kyb's (5k cheap shit) from my nearest shop. Not up to the extra weight that the front end carries naturally. Also want to level out the ride. Been researching various types and from what I can tell the bilstein are the way to go. monotube, checkout some videos on youtube which were interesting.

^ I've had Bilsteins on my cruiser since new, wouldn't have anything else. I also put Lovells springs on, best spring on the market IMO.

I previously had ARB junk on my Vigo, very disappointed. Years ago I thought the ARB stuff was good, then it dabbled in other gear.... lol.

Would it make sense to replace the standard shocks and springs on a 2014 Hilux (Prerunner) and replace then with let's say Bilstein? My goal is a more composed / less bouncy ride on coarse highway surfaces..

Would it make sense to replace the standard shocks and springs on a 2014 Hilux (Prerunner) and replace then with let's say Bilstein? My goal is a more composed / less bouncy ride on coarse highway surfaces..

try throwing a few sand bags in the very back of your truck. you will be surprised the difference in the back end jumpiness when you have some weight back there.

• Like 1

Update: Got the bilstein 5100 fronts installed yesterday.

This strut you can adjust the height a bit (up to 2 inches). I have mine up about an inch to level off the truck. So far very please with the ride / handling although they say it takes 500km to break them in.

10,000 baht installed. Very nice Thai guy who speaks some English but not much for me to do but sit around and watch him install it. Apparently I am his first Farang Customer lol. I asked do I win a prize.

He is located in Bangkok up Ratchada very near Soi 36.

post-22903-0-65340600-1399762724_thumb.j

• Like 1

Surely its Easier to but something that doesn't have an Arse End that skitters all over the road when empty. They are made to carry a ton, not a few Beers and Yapping Women. from Lotus.... Neverdie , a Landcruiser aint no workman's Truck, in fact its rather nice.biggrin.png

Surely its Easier to but something that doesn't have an Arse End that skitters all over the road when empty. They are made to carry a ton, not a few Beers and Yapping Women. from Lotus.... Neverdie , a Landcruiser aint no workman's Truck, in fact its rather nice.biggrin.png

The ass end skitter can be tuned out of them and still be able to carry 1000kg.

The ass end skitter can be tuned out of them and still be able to carry 1000kg.

my ass end doesn't skitter all over the place empty...must be Civic thing? ;)

Come on Jim ive driven all the trucks here for 25 Bloody Years, but they don't have IRS so be kind about them. Still say a Basic Toyota Rules for Value n Reliability.thumbsup.gif

was talking about my ass mate, when I dont eat, it's fine, its when I eat sushi it's all over the place..

Jim.Don't have a Laugh here or the Boy will go Daft...cheesy.gif .This is a deadly serious Forum.thumbsup.gif

You mentioned the ass end skip which is a common trait with a pickup. I answered it can be tuned out.

If you want to belittle people that post here and that is your prerogative but you have single handedly taken this motoring forum to a pisstake level that really no longer can be taken as a serious place for someone that is wanting an answer to a legitimate question. good for you AoP.

Jim.Don't have a Laugh here or the Boy will go Daft...cheesy.gif .This is a deadly serious Forum.thumbsup.gif

You mentioned the ass end skip which is a common trait with a pickup. I answered it can be tuned out.

If you want to belittle people that post here and that is your prerogative but you have single handedly taken this motoring forum to a pisstake level that really no longer can be taken as a serious place for someone that is wanting an answer to a legitimate question. good for you AoP.

Go easy on AoP, he works for Honda ;)

• Like 1