Thai DL stolen. How difficult to replace? Pattaya.

moonseeker

If the theft was reported to the police he needs to get a Police report (original) from his local police station. If he has not made an theft report it might be better to tell the police clerk it was lost when he was shopping. Then he can go to the nearest Land Transport Office and request a replacement.

• Like 1

When reporting the theft or loss of any document it is important to go to the police station responsible for the area where the theft/loss occurred (or alternatively you make sure the theft/loss occurs in the area of the police station you visit, nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Loss/theft of a non-Thai passport can also be reported to any Tourist Police office.

I lost mine and if you have a copy they just replace it. I think they traced mine through computer and my yellow book

and replaced it. Didn't go to police. I don't think police will put a high priority on it, and is a lot more difficult

once you get them involved.

I went to the police office on soi 9, Beach Rd. There is a desk, immediately to the right after entering to request a report. Get a queue number. Usually one officer has pretty good English. He will ask questions, will write the info down on a duplicate report form. He will sign it, give you a copy. I forget for how much it cost me but not much.

I lost mine a few years ago. Went to police to have a report made, then to Land Transport Office and got it replaced right away. Paid a 20 baht fee to police for the report and a small fee, think less than 200 baht, for a new DL.

Is there some agentservice who can make this happen or one has to go personally to transport office ?

It seems i have lost my car drivinglicence.facepalm.gif I do not think i have a copy of that. However i do have motorbike licence which is not missing.

Edited by thaitero

Someone stole a Thai drivers license, unbelievable!! well just look for a retard without two bart to rub together, and your are sure to find you thief.

Maybe a wallet was stollen which happened to contain the DL?

That would be believable, methinks.

BTW, what is a 'bart'?

Couldn't find it in the slang dictionaries.

Edited by papa al