Windows Firewall Icon Missing. Cant Acess Settings

dive_mistress

My neighbor uses a dell notebook and he uses Explorer. But for some sights he gets redirected to the "page not found". Very strange. For example Capitalone HOmepage works but he can not acess the log in page. I have played around with his settings, lowering the level of security, adding it to the allow sites..

Even trying to update AVG is not possible straight from the software.

I installed Firefox but that wont acess ANY pages. :D

I know in my pc i have a windows firewall icon and there I can add program exceptions, like Firefox, Bit Comet.

However, Strangely, he does not have the Firwall icon in his control panel, nor could i find acess to these settings. :o

I think it is all the dell crap on his computer.

Also I have tried to uninstall Norton as I thought that may be the problem. I disabled the script blocking, and as much as I could but i get some strange message when trying to install. SHould i go through the reg edit?

We are acessing the net through my wireless but even directly from the cable he has the same problem and on other networks as well....

My neighbor uses a dell notebook and he uses Explorer. But for some sights he gets redirected to the "page not found". Very strange. For example Capitalone HOmepage works but he can not acess the log in page. I have played around with his settings, lowering the level of security, adding it to the allow sites..

Even trying to update AVG is not possible straight from the software.

I installed Firefox but that wont acess ANY pages. :D

I know in my pc i have a windows firewall icon and there I can add program exceptions, like Firefox, Bit Comet.

However, Strangely, he does not have the Firwall icon in his control panel, nor could i find acess to these settings. :o

I think it is all the dell crap on his computer.

Also I have tried to uninstall Norton as I thought that may be the problem. I disabled the script blocking, and as much as I could but i get some strange message when trying to install. SHould i go through the reg edit?

We are acessing the net through my wireless but even directly from the cable he has the same problem and on other networks as well....

[/quote

To restore the missing icons, download the utility seccentericons (11Kb) and run it. In the utility, put a checkmark near these items:

Windows Firewall

Internet Options

Automatic Updates

Then click the Apply button.