Italian man found hanged in Patong

Lite Beer

Italian man found hanged in Patong
Phuket Gazette -

1_20145312750300_UPrJjawBksNvXSVkygtSZCi

Officers and rescue workers retrieved the body of Roberto Becchetti from the narrow gap between the two buildings. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: The body of an Italian man was found hanged from a rooftop steel bar at the Happy Apartment building in Baan Nanai Patong yesterday.

Roberto Becchetti, 46, was last seen in the building carrying a coil of nylon rope about two hours before his body was discovered in a narrow gap between the apartment building and the building next door.

“We searched the body and found a receipt for the rope, which was bought from a shop in Patong. We believe that he committed suicide, as we saw no signs of a struggle,” Maj Patapee Srichai of the Patong Police told the Phuket Gazette.

Police questioned people in the area, but were told that no one knew Mr Becchetti well, as he only went to the building to do his laundry on occasion.

The Italian Embassy was notified of his death and Mr Becchetti’s body was taken to Patong Hospital.

Though police think the death is a suicide, they are continuing their investigation to determine a motive, added Maj Patapee.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Italian-man-found-hanged-Patong/29334

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-05-03

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to buy some rope to kill myself-----Can I have a receipt please.

A permanent solution to some of life's temporary problems.......................RIP

So you think the gf sent him out to get a clothesline rope with instructions to bring her the receipt to set him up before lynching him with her "brother's" help?

Edited by unanimosity
  • Like 2

Yeah I'm trying to feel some compassion, but it get pretty monotonous since that makes like what five suicides since the beginning of March? It's the same, for what ever reason, people foreign to Thailand, choose to come here and kill themselves,....a lot, am I wrong or what?

• Like 1

......and 6, people like me that have had friends die young that didn't have the luxury of a choice and don't particularly feel sympathetic to those that did and chose unwisely.

Karen,

I think most of us have lost young people close to us...you are not special...you are definitely not so special that you can pass judgement on anothers suffering being up to your standards or not. This Italian guy must have been in a very tough spot to make the choice he did. As is the case in many suicides, he could have been suffering from a mental illness or who knows? So, #6 is actually just a subcategory of #1-4.

You think I'm making a joke? If you think so, you're sick.

Then it gets posted in this forum, further making me think ( by all the different ways and reasons that they chose to end it ) what the *uck is wrong with you?! Some people make it like a ritual or something, like getting dressed going to the airport with your luggage, AND THEN JUMPING OFF THE BRIDGE THAT CONNECTS THE STREET TO THE AIRPORT. Right in front of the departures....and then you got that guy who shot his balls off. Does anybody realllllly live a tormented tortured life to actually want to kill yourself? Seriously everything is fixable nowadays, it's not like you have the option of being along especially here in Thailand where there's soooo many people I find it hard sometimes to take a sh*t

• Like 1

Then it gets posted in this forum, further making me think ( by all the different ways and reasons that they chose to end it ) what the *uck is wrong with you?! Some people make it like a ritual or something, like getting dressed going to the airport with your luggage, AND THEN JUMPING OFF THE BRIDGE THAT CONNECTS THE STREET TO THE AIRPORT. Right in front of the departures....and then you got that guy who shot his balls off. Does anybody realllllly live a tormented tortured life to actually want to kill yourself? Seriously everything is fixable nowadays, it's not like you have the option of being along especially here in Thailand where there's soooo many people I find it hard sometimes to take a sh*t

There can be many root causes. You would be surprised how many people stand in a crowd, yet still feel alone, sometimes they do not know how to approach another for help. Sometimes, they do not even realise they need help. Many of the causes are due to depression pure and simple, that in itself can be a downward spiral that is very hard to get out of. I do not think Thailand has more suicides than any other country, it is simply that when it is a foreigner it appears to be highlighted more. But always a sad outcome for whoever it concerns.sad.png

• Like 1

RIP Roberto, and my condolences to anybody who was close to him.

But I cannot see that an individual case of suicide, which is one of the leading causes of death worldwide, should be a news item.

Every day a gray unmarked van drives through the streets of Stockholm. The men sitting in the vehicle have the grim task of collecting bodies of people who killed themselves.

But only very few of these cases make it into the news, also if it concerns people who were not Swedish.

Dude I'm just happy that in all that I've been through to,...NOT BE THAT GUY THAT KILLS HIMSELF...the last thing on my mind wouldn't be " Palm trees, hookers, and ending my life. I don't hate people that kill themselves, I just want to know why Thailand. Think about it if you have mental issues, GO TO A DOCTOR.