LG G3 Design and Specifications

Tywais

LG G3 Design and Specifications Leaked Ahead of May 27 Launch

As the launch of LG G3 smartphone nears, we have been witnessing more leaks hit the Web. While earlier this week we saw the alleged cover case images of the LG G3 smartphone, showcasing the rear button interface and the large display, the latest set of leaks once again show off alleged pictures the LG G3, this time without the case.

The latest high-resolution purported images of the LG G3 clearly show its rear, front and bottom side. Some expected (said to be final) specifications of the South Korean giant's latest flagship have also sprung up alongside, courtesy the good folks at GSMArena.

While the alleged LG G3 image showing the bottom side of the smartphone highlights its USB charging port, the 3.5mm jack and microphone, the second image highlighting the front panel reveals the smartphone's ultra-thin bezels with LG branding at the bottom. The third alleged LG G3 image showing the rear panel clearly highlights the camera, rear volume and power buttons, and flash.

More here - Gadgets.ndtv

LG G3 leaks in high-res live images, shows ultra-thin bezels

It seems like when we brought you the news about the upcoming LG G3 smartphone with our exclusive coverage a couple of days ago we opened some sort of floodgates. The device hasn't managed to stay away from the spotlight ever since, making appearances through live images and case makers.

Now, we have yet another leak, which shows the front, rear and the bottom of the smartphone in good quality high-resolution images.

gsmarena_001.jpg gsmarena_002.jpg

It looks like the company is trying its best to deliver a maximum screen to size ratio on its G3 smartphone. The handset appears to have ultra-thin bezels and just like its predecessor, the LG G2, the upcoming flagship will not feature any physical buttons.

More here - gsmarena

Some interesting rumors on display and performance.

An octa-core processor is on the cards

In the same December 2013 report which claimed the G3 will have a 1440p screen, it was also suggested the device would be powered by an octa-core processor running at 2.2GHz. This would be a change from the G2, which used a Snapdragon 800, and like the screen resolution, would see the G32 stand apart from the competition.

Much more details here - Digitaltrends

Some people are speculating that the Nexus 6 will be a G3 variant, albeit with the usual limiting features (no uSD card, no user-replaceable battery, etc.), but a rock bottom price.

And of course I just bought a G2. biggrin.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking of getting one since I noticed it a couple of weeks ago. 20k in Thailand is a fair bit cheaper than the 25k or so they will cost in the UK, especially as I'll have to buy 2. I think these will erode Samsung's dominance.

I've been thinking of getting one since I noticed it a couple of weeks ago. 20k in Thailand is a fair bit cheaper than the 25k or so they will cost in the UK, especially as I'll have to buy 2. I think these will erode Samsung's dominance.

samsung will launch the note 4 and the new f series 

dont think theyre going to roll over for lg anytime soon 

samsung will launch the note 4 and the new f series 

dont think theyre going to roll over for lg anytime soon 

No, but I for one won't be buying a Samsung.

• Like 2

It was released today I think. According to posts on Facebook.

Dtac are doing for just over 20k. G2 is now about 12k

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One further note. I see DTAC/AIS are not delivering the phones until July 1st, so chances are they aren't in the shops yet.... except perhaps at MBK. In addition, DTAC has sold out completely on their website.

If anyone does find one on the street, please let me know

• 2 weeks later...

I took possession of my LG G3 last Thursday.. Performs well, especially as I have rooted/overclocked it.. An issue that I was able to fix by rooting was that it wouldn't remember which environment I wanted to use as the default home. I was able to uninstall the one I didn't want.

The LG environment isn't as colourful as the Samsung one and it looks a bit bland, but I don't mind it.

• 4 weeks later...

I note the model in Thailand is the 2gb ram/16gb rom version. has anyone seen the high spec 3gb/32gb? I mean if you are going to spend that sort of money on a phone, you may as well get the best.

Just bought a 3GB Ram/32GB G3 from MBK for 18,800 baht :-)

I note the model in Thailand is the 2gb ram/16gb rom version. has anyone seen the high spec 3gb/32gb? I mean if you are going to spend that sort of money on a phone, you may as well get the best.

Just bought a 3GB Ram/32GB G3 from MBK for 18,800 baht :-)

I got the same model from Lazada begging of the month, but for 22k.
18.8k is a great price. The LG wipes the floor with the S5, and I find the interface cleaner and more refined (although HTC is still trumps).

Sent from my LG-D855 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You guys who bought the G3 - if you had the G2 (like I have) - is it worth the upgrade? If so, why?

Tempted but my G2's only 6 months (ish) old.

It depends. The only reason I would upgrade from a G2 is if the camera is really important to you, particularly fast focusing in low light. The other features (knock code, higher res screen etc) are nice to haves, not must haves. The G2 is still a fine phone.

You guys who bought the G3 - if you had the G2 (like I have) - is it worth the upgrade? If so, why?

Tempted but my G2's only 6 months (ish) old.

I have the G2 and considered the G3 but decided against it only because the G2 does a great job already and photos are excellent keeping in mind the lighting conditions.  Believe the main issue is battery life is shorter due to the QHD screen.  Some reports that the additional size, though not huge, it doesn't work single handed as well.  Still, the temptation is there and my wife would love to have my G2.  biggrin.png

Good article, though I rather not have read it as it just tempted me more - 10 Reasons to Upgrade

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfKkTh4Reag[/media]

I use Nokia PC suite and enjoy sending emails with my pc via the Nokia mobile plus I can see the mobile ringing on my screen when I'm working on my pc.  Can I do the same thing with LG PC suite? 

There are quite a few aps for Android that should be able to do it.  I don't have any at the moment myself though did have an pc-android SMS app a long time ago but the technology for these apps have come a long way since then.  Here is an example - http://www.mobiledit.com/mobiledit

I use Nokia PC suite and enjoy sending emails with my pc via the Nokia mobile plus I can see the mobile ringing on my screen when I'm working on my pc.  Can I do the same thing with LG PC suite? 

There are quite a few aps for Android that should be able to do it.  I don't have any at the moment myself though did have an pc-android SMS app a long time ago but the technology for these apps have come a long way since then.  Here is an example - http://www.mobiledit.com/mobiledit

Well that's interesting, thanks.  Having always used Nokia phones I never realized that.  I'm now in the process of switching phones for the camera.  Still undecided between Nokia 1020 or the LF-g3.  With the Nokia 1020 I think I also have issues using Nokia PC suite. 

Edited by thailiketoo

I took possession of my LG G3 last Thursday.. Performs well, especially as I have rooted/overclocked it.. An issue that I was able to fix by rooting was that it wouldn't remember which environment I wanted to use as the default home. I was able to uninstall the one I didn't want.

The LG environment isn't as colourful as the Samsung one and it looks a bit bland, but I don't mind it.

rooted and overclocked: are there already "clean" roms for it? I wanted to buy the S4, but maybe the G3 is a better option?