i give to poor thai beggers , it makes me feel good...but !

kranuan

Beggars in tourist areas that target farangs are mostly professionals taking advantage of tourists. Most are not even Thai, they are Cambodians that come here because they can make more money begging than working in factory at home.

Poor disabled Thais usually try to do something marginally useful rather than straight up beg. Sell lottery tickets or some sort of snack or knick knack. People don't necessarily want these things but will buy in order to help out. There is a mentally disabled man near me that sells brooms for instance. I have a lot of brooms. But I never give to anyone in tourist areas.

Yeah...right on.

Some go to such extremes as to have all their fingers removed to fake leprosy. Some actually catch leprosy just for the donations. Then there are those that had their limbs intentionally removed just to wrench a farangs heart out of 20 Baht. Howabout the guys that crawl around on their bellies with no legs?

All to get out of working for a living.

You are seriously ignorant & delusional if you believe that beggars chop off their limbs for 20 baht and that they intentionally catch leprosy. Have you actual proof of this or are you just being an idiot ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a timely topic.

Just last week whilst in an outdoor Thai style hot pot type restaurant I deliberately avoided giving this poor <deleted> a penny because (as the only farrang in the place) i wanted to seem street wise and not a dumb tourist. He was horribly deformed.

Following this, virtually every Thai there gave him something, typically 20 baht. Instead of looking street wise I just looked like a mean <deleted>. I nearly followed him out to give something but the moment was passed

Some factory worker get only 300 Baht per day in Thailand but the begger get more that 500 baht or maybe more that 1000 baht per day in traveling zone. Some gang stole other baby from their parent or cut their leg or hand to be the begger. Please stop support them.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I only give to beggars that don't annoy me. So not to the blind singers that walk on busy markets. Also not to ones who sit on walkways with a baby. Not if they are very disabled and lay on the floor at the middle of the market between all the legs.

It seems those beggars all know exactly where to get the most money, nothing wrong with that but just don't annoy me and i might give some change.

Some factory worker get only 300 Baht per day in Thailand but the begger get more that 500 baht or maybe more that 1000 baht per day in traveling zone.

Believe me when I say some beggars get MUCH more than the amount you talk of. Theres one beggar with no legs that drags himself around near the Shan gri la hotel that i watched take well over 1000 in about 30 minutes. (i was sitting in McDonalds alone watching out of bordom in case you wonder why i looked so hard!)

You're kidding right? You refuse to give a guy 20 Baht who spends his entire life on his belly with his face centimeters off the filthy sidewalks because you think he is "playing" you? Are you actually serious?

I've never actually seen one of these guys arrive on the pavement. Do they crawl about twenty-fours a day or do they have an evening job or go home to the wife or something?