English Resident of Pattaya shot in the face by 'European' in Jomtien

webfact

There are firearms involved, if this guy refuse to help the police with their enquirers why not just lock him up and take his phone off him and find out who he called.

Nanny-state solution: Punish the victim.

Read the story, you might understand Basils' point.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks Russian, not English. Names sounds Russian too

Name sounds distinctly Scottish, but wherever he is from is very lucky to be alive.

If the name is spelt correctly the chances are that Mr Alexandar is of Russian or other Eastern European origin.

According to this he is British, but they call him Mr. Amdrem Alexandar, and that does sound more Russkie like.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/05/05/briton-shot-in-the-face-after-disagreement-with-friend/

was shot in the face by a man described as European

By a European.....

Just wondering where this european could have learned the behaviour from?whistling.gif

Just returned from a week in England for work. Every day every newspaper I looked at had many stories on stabbings, shootings and rape..... in England.

So maybe he learned it there???????

pattaya use to be so much fun now it is a very dodgy place to stay with all these wannabe mafia Russian nutters in pattaya around they are so ignorant too they never smile or be conversational well I no they English is shit but horribly people

This man is a pretty russky guy it is not question at all.

I guess the "European" criminal is also russky and he is not bigger criminal than the victim.

They are just newer quality tourists in Pattaya sin city.

was shot in the face by a man described as “European”

By a European.....

Just wondering where this european could have learned the behaviour from?whistling.gif

in CCCP

looks Russian, not English. Names sounds Russian too

Name sounds distinctly Scottish, but wherever he is from is very lucky to be alive.

I would of thought American....because somebody took a cheap shot at him, but fortunately, was just a grazing wound.

Has a dispute with some one on the phone, then someone meets him argues and shoots him, and he will not even answer the police questions.

1. He is no two week tourist.
  2. I think the post above is right on the nail.
  3. He is no Brit, Yank, Aussie, NZ, S.African, Canadian or any other English Speaking National or someone would have piped up by now with the low down of who he is and what he do.

The Thai language version of the article:

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news-th/2014/05/05/%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B8%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A4%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%8D%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9E/

interestingly contains a sentence saying that it is believed the two men sorted out "a business problem".

Headline of the Thai version in Khao Sod also refers to "friend dealing about a business problem".

http://www.khaosod.co.th/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU9USXlNVGM0TUE9PQ==&subcatid=

Don't ask me where they know from that the villain was "his friend".

Guess the business problem was quite big in terms of numbers.

Edited by KhunBENQ

This happened in Soi Watboon , near my condo . 90% if the expats and tourists living here are Russians.

I am pretty sure they both were Russians, probably involved in some criminal activities.

And how many western expats do you see carry weapons ? In Russia its more or less necessary to protect yourself.

OP should change the title "English resident" is just misleading in this case.

Edited by balo

pattaya use to be so much fun now it is a very dodgy place to stay with all these wannabe mafia Russian nutters in pattaya around they are so ignorant too they never smile or be conversational well I no they English is shit but horribly people

Yeah. Better stay away.

Thailand...where no guns are allowed...is quickly becoming one of the most dangerous places in the world to visit or live...violent crime seems to be escalating exponentially every month or so...

Thailand...where no guns are allowed...is quickly becoming one of the most dangerous places in the world to visit or live...violent crime seems to be escalating exponentially every month or so...

You get it all wrong, the victim and the shooter knew each other and had some kind of dispute.

If you keep a low profile and do nothing criminal you don't have much to worry about.

• Like 1

was shot in the face by a man described as European

By a European.....

That is not in the story!

Witnesses have told police what happened.

The honourable Mr. Alexandar refused to speak to the police.

Sounds fishy to me. Mafiosi don't talk.

This was probably just a warning shot.

A warning shot? In the face? Wow the shooter must be quite an experienced and skilled one?

You shoot...in the face....with a 38... to kill ( with any other firearm for that matter )

Any other result is a mishap

Lucky, lucky guy. A few millimeters this way or that, a different angle and he would have been disfigured or dead. I hope he got by with just a grazed cheek.

That was just a warning. If he wanted to kill him he would have. This is quite a common warning among mafia organizations - you shoot through the fat of the cheek.

In that case, either the guy is tied up in order for the shooter to aim....quietly

Or he he is kind of chubby and then easy to shoot in the fat of the cheek......when not moving ( both of them )

Not good to be fit and have a triangular shaped face.....

Lucky, lucky guy. A few millimeters this way or that, a different angle and he would have been disfigured or dead. I hope he got by with just a grazed cheek.

Looking at all the blood on his tee shirt I would say it was more than a graze, I hope he can afford plastic surgery or he will be scared for life.

The face and the head, in particular, bleed heavily

Turns up on a moped, yet a handgun here costs over 100K, Beretta etc almost 150K and more

been checking the market have you? naughty boy. If they cost that much why has seemingly every low life Thai man got one?

Has it even been established where this actual event took place? Some are saying sea breeze Chiaypruk and others watboon? :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Who cares? Main thing is it happened and we can leave our boredom zone and speculate.

Has it even been established where this actual event took place? Some are saying sea breeze Chiaypruk and others watboon? :-/

Who cares? Main thing is it happened and we can leave our boredom zone and speculate.

It's either one or the other It can't have happened in both locations. Hard to believe any of what you read on here at times.

This happened in Soi Watboon , near my condo . 90% if the expats and tourists living here are Russians.

I am pretty sure they both were Russians, probably involved in some criminal activities.

And how many western expats do you see carry weapons ? In Russia its more or less necessary to protect yourself.

OP should change the title "English resident" is just misleading in this case.

Wow - some guy has a blazing row with someone which results in another guy turning up and shooting him in the face and you think they are 'probably involved in criminal activities' !!!!

Gotta hand it to yer - you're good !

Anyone using a gun to shoot someone in the face is a criminal , so yes criminal activities it is.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app