iLikeHD Upgrade

longball53098

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gave it a quick trial run last night as 365 was acting up, was very impressed by the quality of the image on my tablet in comparison to 365 which can be a bit on the shoddy side

i am tempted to get myself an android box and go back to just watch the sport live rather than on demand with 365

I was using a myGica ATV1200 dual core Android TV box and had quite a few problems watching football, lots of audio delay and sometimes stuttering video although watching news was fine. Last week I bought a Minix X8-H quadcore box and all the football I watched over the weekend streamed flawlessly. They also told me that they had tested the service with similar hardware, there are lots of boxes using the same SoC (Amlogic S802-h).

If you do by the same box you would be best to upgrade to the latest beta firmware.

I got mine from here. Shipped the day after I paid, arrived the day after that.

I was using a myGica ATV1200 dual core Android TV box and had quite a few problems watching football, lots of audio delay and sometimes stuttering video although watching news was fine. Last week I bought a Minix X8-H quadcore box and all the football I watched over the weekend streamed flawlessly. They also told me that they had tested the service with similar hardware, there are lots of boxes using the same SoC (Amlogic S802-h).

If you do by the same box you would be best to upgrade to the latest beta firmware.

I got mine from here. Shipped the day after I paid, arrived the day after that.

That's a pretty good price. I paid more than that in the UK for the same set-up.

For anyone thinking of getting a Minix - they're excellent.

There's good support from the official forum as well as the devloper community for the Minix too. This plus the fact I could get one in Thailand at excellent price and have a useable warranty made it the best choice for me. As with all these boxes of course it's not perfect but I'm very happy with mine so far.

http://www.minixforum.com/forums/neo-x8-h-x8.18/

http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay.php?187-Minix-AML-Devices-X8-etc

Everyone has different wants and priorities.

For me, given the choice of paying 4900b for an Android box vs paying 350b per month for ILikeHD service and its international/English language package that includes various HBO, Fox Movie, Sky Movie, Cinemax, CNN, BBC channels and almost 300 channels in all by their count, I'll take the 350b per month deal.

For me, given the choice of paying 4900b for an Android box vs paying 350b per month for ILikeHD service and its international/English language package that includes various HBO, Fox Movie, Sky Movie, Cinemax, CNN, BBC channels and almost 300 channels in all by their count, I'll take the 350b per month deal.

Because you don't mind purchasing stolen stuff?

I have no knowledge of that company's financial/licensing arrangements.

But of course, if there was anything wrong, I'm sure the Thai government and its NBTC would be all over them.... tongue.png

I'm pretty sure watching Sky Sports through XBMC on my laptop counts as stolen stuff

Why do you care anyway?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nobody answered the question about whether Discovery HD was broadcast only in Thai. Are the documentary channels (Discovery, History, National Geographic & Animal Planet) available in English? Are they broadcast in English with Thai subtitles or only in Thai?

Thanks for the reply regarding English on ilikehd. I just subscribed to the English Language Package and find that English works fine on the channels that you mentioned except for Animal Planet which seems to be down right now. Ilikehd has nice picture quality but has a little buffering now and then. My speed here is around 9 mbps so I think that it's an ilikehd problem. I haven't tried switching between servers though.

Just want to add a bit of information to the thread.

PC and Android platforms are both available for iLikeHD.

The Android app has two themes. A plain vanilla, and one a bit more sophisticated. On each, settings are available for a particular iLikeHD server and Thai ISP. Or, leave auto. Resolution bandwidth can be set to max 2mbs. Or, leave auto.

The PC platform offers more. When selecting channels, panes will show the content. And, resolution bandwidth can be set up to 8 mbs. Or, left auto. Content played via Flash.

Also, another current difference on the PC platform is a beta "Series" menu. Which, has tv series of US, UK, Thai, and Korean content. Free, as of now. But, maybe a bit lower resolution. Content viewed via downloaded iLikeHD player.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if any Ilikehd users could help me out. I am thinking about gettine the ilikehdtv, but was wondering if they have a "tv guide" to let you know what is playing and when. Also, do you happen to know if they show NFl and NHL games? can you VOD sports on only the movies?

Thanks for helping out if you have time. Happy Holidays

I was wondering if any Ilikehd users could help me out. I am thinking about gettine the ilikehdtv, but was wondering if they have a "tv guide" to let you know what is playing and when. Also, do you happen to know if they show NFl and NHL games? can you VOD sports on only the movies?

Thanks for helping out if you have time. Happy Holidays

I have it mainly for the cricket, although that seems to have finished.

I'm pretty sure there is no guide and VOD is for movies only.

What I suggest is this, join up and go to a 7/11 and buy 30 or 40

Baht worth of time.

You can then find out via the internet what time the NFL games are

on and try it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using ilikeHD about one week on my quad core Sky stream X4 android box. The APK file will crash sometimes but quality of streams are great. The crashing happens during browsing not play back luckily. I had been using Maige TV but like WB and RTL CBS on ilikeHD. I would love to see a total combined channels from CTH and True I see some channels are not Avilable in English or not at all. If I am given every English channel Avilable in this region plus on demand it would be worth it, now I am just not sure also some of the Channels I put in my favorite list do not show up thier on ilikeHD.I am not into sports at all so I know nothing about sports channels.

I do find the Live channels on XBMC are of such poor quality and come and go so often to not be worth the time but on demand stuff on XBMC is great I like 1channel, Phonix, and project free TV.

My Maige TV is only $85 per year to renew and has tons of on demand movies and US TV shows included in that price just that navigating the Chinese names is a bit annoying but no problem with stream quality, some

channels may disapere for a few days but come back.

Bottom line ilikeHD is not a bad service but no EPG and for the price we should have every English channels and on demand.

Bottom line ilikeHD is not a bad service but no EPG and for the price we should have every English channels and on demand.

Considering the ILike price for their English language package is 300 baht per month, don't you think that's setting the bar just a bit high -- especially considering the TrueVisions monthly price for a comparable channel lineup is probably about 10 times higher.

Maybe I am comparing it more to Maige TV. I will stick with ilikeHD a bit but I need discovery science English, I love that channel. Hope they get it soon. I like how they combined channels from CTH and true. The pay monthly rather then yearly is good also even though the price is a bit high. I was told a new a android app and new web interface was coming and EPG on some channels also comming soon so it will only get better.

I will stick with ilikeHD a bit but I need discovery science English, I love that channel. Hope they get it soon.

Why not try Kodi? You'll find everything you want there for free. Discovery Science Eng currently running well through the Kodi Phoenix addon.

I will stick with ilikeHD a bit but I need discovery science English, I love that channel. Hope they get it soon.

Why not try Kodi? You'll find everything you want there for free. Discovery Science Eng currently running well through the Kodi Phoenix addon.

It's ch#563 on ilikehd today and working well.

• 1 month later...

ilikehd was awful for the spurs arsenal game on Saturday, had to reload the stream at least six times during the match

No service has blown me away yet, sport365 have very average looking quality streams but they are smooth, ilikehd has a tendency to drop out on me and XBMC is just a mess of menus an searching for stuff that doesn't load up.

Sport365 is still the best option for football, it's just a pity they have such a dire selection of rugby

I didn't see if anyone answered the question about getting NHL on ilikehd. What about Maige tv? From what i can tell the answer is no for both.

Maige looks interesting to me and people here speak well of it. But do i need tobuse their box? If i already have one, can i use that?

There are a few channels fro True that i don't see elsewhere. I miss the Red movie channel and Korean soaps (with English subtitles 555)!!

Tanoy, check out the xbmc addon Uplayhd. It's on GitHub so just Google Uplayhd and it's the link that has github in the address. Download it on to your desktop then addi it to xbmc via your install from zip file on the settings menu just like a normal addon.This is a thai service that provides movies, thai TV, thai soaps by year, Korean soaps, Chinese soaps with Thai subtitles and from what I can see most of the channels you get on ilikehd. It's n a local server like ilikehd so there are no buffering issues.

I've just added it and I have not had a chance to fully check it out yet as while I was fooling around within the wife saw a Chinese soap on it and confiscated the remote.

As far as nhl goes there are iptv streams for live TV on xbmc that have it but it's a case of finding the right m3u list. Try googling nhl addon for xbmc, or nhl live xbmc stream and you matey get lucky.

Archived